Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I live close to there, and it has been working pretty good. Whenever I lose Lte it goes straight to 1x tough. This is a speedtest I just ran from inside my school in Jardines de Caparra.

Hmm, I live in Tintillo but I wouldn't be surprised if I never get LTE inside the house since my street is like downhill in a hole basically... Coming out of the urbanization tho I haven't seen it switch over to LTE again since that day, but I was at the stoplight today and toggled airplane mode and that did the trick.

Soon as I started driving away from Bayamon it dropped to 3G again... In fact, it dropped to 3G when I stopped at the next light which is basically directly under a cell site (the one on the building next to the Domino's, after the gas stations). At least my 3G doesn't drop anymore around that area, that had been happening a lot while driving thru that stretch.

@miguelfp That's awesome news about la Poli! Tho closer to Plaza I'm still not seeing any (not inside Plaza clearly as that's just a black hole, are they purposely avoiding installing repeaters?).

Edited by Impulse

@miguelfp That's awesome news about la Poli! Tho closer to Plaza I'm still not seeing any (not inside Plaza clearly as that's just a black hole, are they purposely avoiding installing repeaters?).

I don't know where I heard this, or if there's any truth to it, but somebody told me that the reason that there's basically no reception in Plaza is that Plaza's management wanted a (big) cut of the phone companies' profits stemming from repeaters inside the mall.

Hmm, I live in Tintillo but I wouldn't be surprised if I never get LTE inside the house since my street is like downhill in a hole basically... Coming out of the urbanization tho I haven't seen it switch over to LTE again since that day, but I was at the stoplight today and toggled airplane mode and that did the trick.

Is having LTE in your house really that important? Unless you don't have WiFi, your home internet connection should be plenty for anything you need to do on your phone. I would think it's more important to see LTE at the places you frequent rather than your home. Though having it at home is a plus.

Keep in mind that although PR is moving along nicely with Network Vision enhancements, it's still quite a ways from being complete, and there are many more cell sites to be upgraded, so any particular site you drive by may not have LTE enabled on it yet.

Wow look at these speeds in milla de oro

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Hah! Don't get me started on la Milla de Oro! I work in Monte Mall and the LTE doesn't reach that far :(. They are also having problems with whatever site serves me while at work because I've had no data all day long so I contacted Sprint support about it and they told me there's an outage that they plan in having fixed by Saturday on that area.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Is having LTE in your house really that important? Unless you don't have WiFi, your home internet connection should be plenty for anything you need to do on your phone. I would think it's more important to see LTE at the places you frequent rather than your home. Though having it at home is a plus.

It would actually be a very big deal... Broadband in a lot of areas of Puerto Rico is abysmal compared to most of the US, it's slowly getting better but LTE deployment by three different mobile carriers seems to be moving far faster.

Lemme give you some scenarios, until very recently the cable company that served most of the metro area had a terrible 40GB bandwith cap per month... Copious HD streaming or downloading two or three PC games would have you blasting past that limit. Even if you're good with the cap, I don't think they've ever offered more than 5 or 6mbps speeds. Thankfully they're being bought/merged with a more pro-active company and the first thing they did was remove the bandwith cap, so I'm .

Then you've got DSL, which is what I've currently got... It used to be decent, reliable and uncapped, it's gone to hell over the last year as they install fiber in some parts of the island and re-route coax from others... If you're in an area with fiber I'm sure it's great, but if you're not (like me) you're stuck with 2Mbps speeds, mayyybe 4Mbps if you're close enough to a node (apparently I'm no longer close enough after some of their work and I've been bumped down).

Don't even get me started on pricing... So yeah, even a weak LTE signal at home would be a huge blessing from Sprint. I just got home and I noticed that for the second time ever the LTE connection is still up even as I sit in my driveway, getting like 2.5Mbps.

I'm gonna have to test it inside but if it holds up and my DSL woes continue I might actually be better off disconnecting my Airave, go figure.

The US level of broadband might pale in comparison to some countries, but it could be worse, don't take it for granted. ;)

Edited by Impulse
  • Like 2

Wow that is very close, but yeah Tintillo is basically in a hole, I go there every once in a while to visit my friend and play some basketball. Do you get any signal at your home at all? I get a steady 3 to 4mb connection inside my home with just 1 to 2 bars, that is if im connectieng to the same tower as the voice coverage.

ube2amu2.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I used to not get a signal thru most of the house, hence the Airave I've got, but I think it's gotten better... I need to disconnect the Airave and check it out. Lately I've had nearly all bars outside the house and I'm not losing my connection on the calle 8 anymore (the one that runs parallel to the park's street). Data handoff from the Airave seems slower than ever tho, unless I'm toggling stuff on and off manually.

Anyway, as far as LTE goes I was getting like 2.5mbps outside the house earlier today, I'm pretty sure I wasn't connected to the same LTE tower as I was for voice... Haven't checked inside the house since, like I said, I need to disconnect the Airave for that. It's getting to the point where it's gonna be worth doing, which is nice (as far as Sprint goes anyway, either that or a testament to how bad my DSL's gotten... it's actually started to affect voice call quality, ugh).

Definitely better coverage today in Hato Rey, first time I've connected to LTE inside classrooms in La Poli, serving site ID is #422

Nowhere near 30 Mbps speeds, though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i also connected to that serving cell from Pinero Ave.

Anybody knows if this site is broadcasting LTE? I don't know if it's a problem with my ROM...

hane4u5y.jpg

u3y9anah.jpg

Yes i think its broadcasting lte.. the thing is that theres a near site thats not transmitting. .

That tower has been in hrpd for months now.. something's happening..

Anyways i think that tower is broadcasting. . Is not the nearest one.

Yes i rhink its broadcasting lte.. the thing is that theres a near site thats not transmitting. .

That tower has been in hrpd for months now.. something's happening..

Anyways i think that tower is broadcasting. . If not at least the

At least?...

Sorry to bother, I recently moved to this area and I don't know if I will get LTE... I hope that it begins shortly... I was living in Toa Alta and I used to get LTE there... Awesome work by Sprint...

• Like 1

Anybody knows if this site is broadcasting LTE? I don't know if it's a problem with my ROM...

hane4u5y.jpg

u3y9anah.jpg

That's the site that's located on top of Fontana Towers and its still not broadcasting LTE only eHRPD, I go daily by that area and receive LTE from the Villa Carolina site

That's the site that's located on top of Fontana Towers and its still not broadcasting LTE only eHRPD, I go daily by that area and receive LTE from the Villa Carolina site

Thanks for the info...

That site IS broadcasting LTE

How about this one???

u5u5a3ub.jpg

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Go to network.sprint.com type in your zip code and if you see 2 data speed upgrades on that tower then it has LTE. 1Data upgrade = NV 3g in most cases. Mayaguez was just launched so it should be broadcasting LTE by now.

Go to network.sprint.com type in your zip code and if you see 2 data speed upgrades on that tower then it has LTE. 1Data upgrade = NV 3g in most cases. Mayaguez was just launched so it should be broadcasting LTE by now.

This seems to be true in PR. But not so much stateside.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That site IS broadcasting LTE

How are you so sure it's broadcasting LTE? My comment comes from the fact that I go by there everyday three times and if I park near that area the LTE signal is incredibly weak, however EHRPD is very very strong.

How are you so sure it's broadcasting LTE? My comment comes from the fact that I go by there everyday three times and if I park near that area the LTE signal is incredibly weak, however EHRPD is very very strong.

Because I went there on Friday and my rsrp was-79

Yup sometimes. I've kept an eye on sprints site as our markets been upgraded. NV 3g showed up first on most of the sites here. Sprint needs to finish the last metro towers and theyll be set.