Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I don't know much about Airaves. I'm not sure if they even hand off to the macro network.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Well they are supposed to. But didn't work at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Well they are supposed to. But didn't work at all.

My arave its on evdo

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Yes but they are supposed to make a hand off with the towers when you leave your home.

Yeah it does..... But it would be really cool if it transmitted LTE

If I am in a call and I leave home 99% of the time the call will drop.. same if im arriving at home.

• Like 1

If I am in a call and I leave home 99% of the time the call will drop.. same if im arriving at home.

Thats exactly my point...... They will come out with something.... I hope

apparently the terrace site is transmitting LTE...

Speedtest just between that site and Colegio traffic light

3ehedary.jpg

Thats awesome news. What is the difference you are noticing in low signal strength areas? For example in areas where you used to have a weak signal and indoors?

For me, calling from inside my house was a no go. Now I get 2-3 bars of ePHRD signal and not a single droped call as of today. As for 3g data, I get almost 1 mbps download. I can get 4g in my driveway but is very weak.

• Like 1

I don't know much about Airaves. I'm not sure if they even hand off to the macro network.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The 2.5 officially does.

Why it rocks: AIRAVE 2.5 covers up to 5,000 square feet – you can tweak the coverage size to fit your needs. Calls automatically transfer to the Nationwide Sprint® Network once you leave your home or office.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?ensembleId=AIR25ACQNG

The 2.5 officially does.

Why it rocks: AIRAVE 2.5 covers up to 5,000 square feet – you can tweak the coverage size to fit your needs. Calls automatically transfer to the Nationwide Sprint® Network once you leave your home or office.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?ensembleId=AIR25ACQNG

I have to check because i dont know which airave i own!!!

It doesnt matter. The Airave transmits data equivalent to the internet speed it is connected to. If your ISP at home is 3mbps your airave wont transmit more than that.

And I think the 2.5 is this one.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc6480002prd&deviceSKUId=64800068&initialLoad=true&flow=AAL&ptn=#galleryDemosSection

My sister has one at Mayaguez and I have initiated calls using it and they were handed off to the sprint network as I drove away.

I have that one and mine most of the time doesn't do thw hand off. Probably because of the crappy coverage in Carolina.

It not just the coverage, its the airave itself. It has a few quirks like my phone not connecting to it and having to turn it on and off. I only experienced the handoff once since I was making a call and it worked somehow. Do you have the 2.5?

It doesnt matter. The Airave transmits data equivalent to the internet speed it is connected to. If your ISP at home is 3mbps your airave wont transmit more than that.

And I think the 2.5 is this one.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc6480002prd&deviceSKUId=64800068&initialLoad=true&flow=AAL&ptn=#galleryDemosSection

My sister has one at Mayaguez and I have initiated calls using it and they were handed off to the sprint network as I drove away.

I thought i grabbed sprints signal and amplified it.... I have the newer smaller unit at home (got it on july-august) but if it has a menu i can enter and change settings.... I really dont know.....

Ive had them for almost 4 years and never had them make the handoff....

It not just the coverage, its the airave itself. It has a few quirks like my phone not connecting to it and having to turn it on and off. I only experienced the handoff once since I was making a call and it worked somehow. Do you have the 2.5?

Yes airvana right?

We have confirmed LTE in Fajardo.

Also LTE started broadcasting starting from Ave. Baldorioty all the way into Route 66 into Canovanas. Plaza Carolina's parking lot also has LTE coverage. I tried mapping in sensorly but the app started mapping right infront of Plaza.

• Like 6

I thought i grabbed sprints signal and amplified it.... I have the newer smaller unit at home (got it on july-august) but if it has a menu i can enter and change settings.... I really dont know.....

Ive had them for almost 4 years and never had them make the handoff....

The new one started making handoffs recently according to my sister. we have crappy coverage and it has a hard time communicating with the tower and sometimes fails the hand off. The signal your airave grabs is mostly for location purposes. It has a GPS so sprint knows you are using it with their network. The airave won't operate without locking in a GPS signal. Data is handled through your own ISP.

Also the OLD airaves didnt have the handoff feature. The new airave doesnt need a setup, its automatically detected by your phones. The first airave devices didnt even support data when they were released.

We have confirmed LTE in Fajardo.

Also LTE started broadcasting starting from Ave. Baldorioty all the way into Route 66 into Canovanas. Plaza Carolina's parking lot also has LTE coverage. I tried mapping in sensorly but the app started mapping right infront of Plaza.

where in fajardo in what part