Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

then I'm impressed with its TX power lol

Well I don't know.. I get -99 if I put my phone by the window. But I dont know where is coming from.

Probably the tower behind plaza guaynabo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't know either, but considering that I took the readings near UPR-Bayamon, the tower near Plaza Guaynabo is a bit far from here... kinda skeptical that that's the site serving me LTE

nonetheless, I'm just happy to see LTE being lit up closer to home, and I still think that the PR/VI market could/should be 100% complete before April

something must be happening with that site, it's been a while...

I know, also the Palmas site hasn't been up yet. I'm pretty confident it can reach plaza rio hondo since I get -105 LTE from the Drive in plaza site when I'm near a window.(the drive in plaza site is way further than Palmas)

Not really. Samsung has brought 3G up in clusters all over the island since the beginning. This is the last 3G cluster outside the metro area. Now the whole island has at least 3G upgrades outside San Juan. And about 1/3 of San Juan metro has been 3G completed.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Thats great news! At least work will be focused on the metro area of the island. I also see that 3g is complete on Vieques and Culebra. (according to network.sprint.com 1 data upgrade in only site of Culebra and 2 data upgrades for the two sites in Vieques)

All we need is the VI and metro area now :)

I really don't know either, but considering that I took the readings near UPR-Bayamon, the tower near Plaza Guaynabo is a bit far from here... kinda skeptical that that's the site serving me LTE

nonetheless, I'm just happy to see LTE being lit up closer to home, and I still think that the PR/VI market could/should be 100% complete before April

a sprint account executive told me that they are upgrading the antennas, but they aren't throw the fiber optic cables, so i;m think the 1005 will be some time in the summer. i think the PR/VI will be the first market at 100%.

a sprint account executive told me that they are upgrading the antennas, but they aren't throw the fiber optic cables, so i;m think the 1005 will be some time in the summer. i think the PR/VI will be the first market at 100%.

I think it will as well. We are one of the smallest markets for sprint which means less equipment and install times compared to other markets. I'm really amazed on how far sprint has come since this thread was started. Time will tell :)

Robert any info on the two sites that were supposed to be turned on (LTE) today at Mayagüez....

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Check the latest update that posted a half hour ago. ;)

• Like 3

Check the latest update that posted a half hour ago. ;)

Just did!!!! Thnkz:D

• Like 1

PR is getting covered with the yellow wave... :D

How is Sabana Grande Doing.... Havnt been there for a while

yup, I got it yesterday as well, not from that sender, though

The prizes make me curious. Wonder if they are going to give away accesories or cases.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nice! My folks have an apartment at Peñamar Ocean Club in front of Villa Marina, I like coming every once in a wgile to visit palomino and palominito. You will now have some good 3g from sprint there :)

So I guess my questions for all the Boricuas in the thread is if you guys have noticed an overall improvement around the island? Clearer calls, less dropped calls, faster and more consistent/reliable data speeds, improved cell signal?

• Like 1

So I guess my questions for all the Boricuas in the thread is if you guys have noticed an overall improvement around the island? Clearer calls, less dropped calls, faster and more consistent/reliable data speeds, improved cell signal?

Yes, overall pretty much everywhere except the metro area where work is currently in progress.

Yes, overall pretty much everywhere except the metro area where work is currently in progress.

Thats awesome news. What is the difference you are noticing in low signal strength areas? For example in areas where you used to have a weak signal and indoors?

Thats awesome news. What is the difference you are noticing in low signal strength areas? For example in areas where you used to have a weak signal and indoors?

Signal building penetration hasn't improved that much for me to notice yet. The main things are that calls are not dropping as you drive. I easily held a call for 40minutes the other day while driving through areas where I used to get them dropped. Also data has been great since I stream pandora and spotify while driving and notice less buffering and stuterring.

• Like 1

The 20% signal increase that can come with NV 1900 upgrades will not be enough to improve indoor coverage much. It will increase its outdoor range where downtilt permits, bit its main advantage is to allow better overlapping of cells. Which result in less roaming while on the go and smoother transfer of calls to other sites.

• Like 1

The 20% signal increase that can come with NV 1900 upgrades will not be enough to improve indoor coverage much. It will increase its outdoor range where downtilt permits, bit its main advantage is to allow better overlapping of cells. Which result in less roaming while on the go and smoother transfer of calls to other sites.

Will this include transfer to and from the airave?

Will this include transfer to and from the airave?

I don't know much about Airaves. I'm not sure if they even hand off to the macro network.