Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I STILL BELIEVE THE DEPLOYMENT  SHOULD BE  SAN JUAN PONCE MAYAGUEZ ARECIBO  AT THE SAME TIME. THESE CITIES HAS FEWER SITES

Well, afraid there's not much we can do here. Report any trouble spots with the Sprint zone app and hope that the network team is paying attention.

More than likely, they already know where the issues are, it's just a matter of strategic deployment and budgeting. 

• 3 weeks later...

For the past couple of weeks I've been experiencing the same issues as of when sprint was installing all the new antennas. ...the black holes in Mayagüez. .... i certainly hope is for tha same reason as before. ...the upgrades from b25 to b41..... anyone can confirm?...

Thanx

Also, any word on the band 26 auction?

I've been trying to find out myself with no luck. This is the email to the company that ran the auction. Hopefully someone can get an answer. B26 is very important here as all structures are hurricane proof (cement).

chuckwalters@verizon.net

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Was in the metro area(Rio Piedras) during easter weekend and speeds were decent and was connected to B41 in certain areas.... but still nothing on the west coast....

Any updates?

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything on northwest and west side. Did anyone else try to get info on the 800 MHz auction? Maybe if more people sent emails to the link I provided they may respond.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Third band 41 carrier just started ...but not even one band 41 carrier for us at the  rest of the island...!

Deploying 3rd carrier can be done very easily. Installing new equipment+fiber backhaul takes waaay longer.

So might as well do the the third carrier where you can and need it.

Here's someone that you should be able to direct your complaints or concerns to going forward:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/claudio-hidalgo-joins-sprint-as-president-florida-puerto-rico-and-us-virgin-islands-region.htm

best get on it. Florida lacks b41 in way too many areas. I honestly think second b25 carriers will be here before lte plus and thats not even approved by the fcc yet.

And Claudio Hidalgo.... where is Claudio also?....

I'm going to guess that he's not snooping around here, though I'd like to be wrong about that. Unless he has a Twitter account, the best bet would probably be to try to email him. claudio.hidalgo@sprint.com would likely be a good email address to try first.