Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Hello how fast is the sprint data signal in Dorado?

Happy New Year everyone. This was yesterday (dec 31st) at the eating area just off the highyway in dorado.

e2231e1177ba9db0fa2598bbe52af422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by carlosrsr

• 3 weeks later...

So did they complete this deployment?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They've only really just begun.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Sprint has issued a statement on updates in Puerto Rico, coming from regional president Mike Hennigan.

Today approximately 32 percent of the upgrade is complete and we expect to have 2.5GHz service fully lit up across the city by early summer. We’re excited to provide our customers in San Juan with a capacity-rich network that’s built to meet their wireless data demands both now and into the future.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/doubling-our-network-speed-and-capacity-in-san-juan-puerto-rico.htm

• Like 5

I hope they can can do some outer areas before the summer as well.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Well, they are slowed by the brutal winters down there on the Emerald Isle. [emoji38]

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Sprint is coming back to the VI especially St. Croix to do upgrades anytime soon.

Just like with the original roll out I would assume that once they mostly complete the band 41 roll out in PR they will then start in the VI.

• Like 1

I drove to old San Juan. I couldn't really check well because I was driving and it was raining. I first noticed b41 on the highway near Plaza las Américas. I opened LTE discovery and then a speed test (while driving and getting angry looks from the wife)

6ec5a500c5638dd0d94ae9a79654e4ae.jpg

1cff3a309965c501e7f336fc25ca62c5.jpg

We went to Old San Juan where it was very busy and 2 cruise ships were docked as well. I opened signal check pro. My G4 kept switching back and forth with b25. I did a speed test on both bands and you can notice the congestion. Maybe the B41 site was new and not fully optimized.

305c78ca3a5eb4877763cd43cb083a83.jpg

B41

9c5a297b3a713ed36daf96f0a49a5299.jpg

B25

3c3ad1040b57ad3f9228b7efbd214542.jpg

a190851b3083cae39d47b5570c22a18a.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 5