Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I'm not hopeful.   :bang:

Was "Worldcall" one of the squatters in PR?  

"In this Memorandum Opinion and Order, we consider the application of AT&T and Worldcall for Commission consent to the assignment to AT&T of two Lower 700 MHz B Block licenses covering two Cellular Market Areas (“CMAs”) in Puerto Rico"

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0831/DA-15-971A1.pdf

Was "Worldcall" one of the squatters in PR?  

"In this Memorandum Opinion and Order, we consider the application of AT&T and Worldcall for Commission consent to the assignment to AT&T of two Lower 700 MHz B Block licenses covering two Cellular Market Areas (“CMAs”) in Puerto Rico"

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0831/DA-15-971A1.pdf

Don't know.  So AT&T paid the extortion, huh?

• 2 weeks later...

Any improvement over the last week......? I noticed a bit of a better signal at work.......

Im live in the Mayagüez area but work in Hormigueros.....

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Edited by elkaku

I live in San Juan (santurce). I feel the service is sloppier than ever before. I use Wifi calling at home, that is woriking fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I love in Ponce and other than the tower near the "PONCE" letters, service seems to get worst. It seems like they are taking forever to upgrade and get decent signal and speed. It is very frustrating at times. Can't beat the price though. Lol

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well today i talked to a guy who was working in the pr 349 crown castle tower,he and his crew was doing a job for att but this tower also has sprint . He said he was going to a seminar for sprint tomorrow for the upcoming job(spark)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well today i talked to a guy who was working in the pr 349 crown castle tower,he and his crew was doing a job for att but this tower also has sprint . He said he was going to a seminar for sprint tomorrow for the upcoming job(spark)

Any new news on the workers? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing pre-network vision speed  on 3G here in St. Croix vi but when work was on going I saw speeds as much as 2400 kbps. Does anyone know if or when sprint will be back to do upgrades. 

• Like 1

I have a question. Maybe it's silly but I truly don't understand how T-Mobile started last upgrading and adding their LTE and it currently have more LTE sites and much better speed and coverage and Sprint is taking so long? Their map used to be terrible as far as coverage and they have been able to improve it a lot faster than Sprint.

Also, does anyone know what is that LTE plus they just announced? They haven't fully deployed Spark and they are announcing a new LTE. We keep hearing promises of upgrading the towers and honestly, it is getting old. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Gonzalezjk
  • Like 1

I have a question. Maybe it's silly but I truly don't understand how T-Mobile started last upgrading and adding their LTE and it currently have more LTE sites and much better speed and coverage and Sprint is taking so long? Their map used to be terrible as far as coverage and they have been able to improve it a lot faster than Sprint.

Also, does anyone know what is that LTE plus they just announced? They haven't fully deployed Spark and they are announcing a new LTE. We keep hearing promises of upgrading the towers and honestly, it is getting old. Thanks for the info.

Sprint has LTE on 99% of the towers in Puerto Rico. Every single site has Network Vision equipment deployed to it. Not sure what you are talking about "taking so long." Puerto Rico was one of the first markets to be complete out of the whole country. 

Spark is being re-branded as LTE Plus. It is not a new type of LTE, it is not a new network. Same thing, less confusing name.

• Like 1

Sprint has LTE on 99% of the towers in Puerto Rico. Every single site has Network Vision equipment deployed to it. Not sure what you are talking about "taking so long." Puerto Rico was one of the first markets to be complete out of the whole country. 

Spark is being re-branded as LTE Plus. It is not a new type of LTE, it is not a new network. Same thing, less confusing name.

I was referring to the slow data speed Sprint has vs T-Mobile. Their LTE shouldn't even be called LTE when their speeds are not even to par with 3G technology. All the T-Mobile ppl I know brags about how fast their speeds are and here I am trying to even open a page. We have been promised LTE Spark for over a year now. Weren't they suppose to finish building Spark sometime this year? They are not even half way there. Their speeds are plain and simple frustrating. I am a Soldier and travel a lot. Haven't seen any improvement on any place that I have been. Just my experience

• Like 1