Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Carolina has been awful. There is an upgraded tower in villa Carolina but it's having problems. My parents has an airave so I don't notice once I'm inside the house.

In Guaynabo there are a few towers already upgraded. No lte yet. San patricio has.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I can certainly believe that. A while ago my family was thinking about the USVI (probably STT or STJ) for a vacation villa. Naturally, what I was concerned with was internet connectivity. So I researched what is offered there and I was appalled at how expensive it was and even worse, how slow it was for how much it cost. As you note, getting sufficient backhaul there will likely be the biggest challenge. Hopefully, they already have some kind of plan in place. According to their map, AT&T claims to have "4G" HSPA+ there. I wonder what they're doing for backhaul.

AT&T is a joke as well, they say its HSPA+ but it would be hard as hell to find any att customer in the VI pulling anything more than 1.5 meg on the most optimal conditions.

All week I drive from Juncos to Humacao using the Carr 30; always scanning the towers for LTE or any sign of eHRPD. There are some upgraded towers ( per interactive maps ) but not active right now . Maybe they're missing the backhaul connection. :fingers:

When I saw the network.sprint.com maps it is strange that almost all the towers from the coast were upgraded except the north east to south east area. You can see the map and you will see a "void" in the east. :o . Just thinking....

I saw an Ericsson van today at the tower near my house, there's been lots of vehicles working at the site the past two weeks, but considering that Samsung's the OEM for the PR/VI market, they could've been working for some other carrier (I know that AT&T also has equipment at this site).

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

I saw an Ericsson van today at the tower near my house, ther's been lots of vehicles working at the site the past two weeks, but considering that Samsung's the OEM for the PR/VI market, they could've been working for some other carrier (I know that AT&T also has equipment at this site).

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

They are probably working on AT&T's network Ericsson provides them with the LTE equipment.

• Like 2

Wow! Perfect timing for my GS3 to break, I have to wait till tuesday to check if they have GS3's available, thanks to the black friday sale every GS3 was sold and none were available in Sprint's warehouse. Yay! That also means our networks will be more crowded and slower than ever! <_<