Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Reached 1.9m at montehiedra yesterday

That home Depot was one of the places I wanted to test. In the past I could never get a signal. It was a real pain. Another place I am curious about is the supermax in condado.

One of the problems with roaming to get signal even if it is free in pr is that while roaming you phone uses much more battery.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

That home Depot was one of the places I wanted to test. In the past I could never get a signal. It was a real pain. Another place I am curious about is the supermax in condado.

One of the problems with roaming to get signal even if it is free in pr is that while roaming you phone uses much more battery.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

I agree with the battery issue and it's one of the issues I'm looking forward to see improve with NV. In my mother's house my battery drained in under 7 hours from full charge with barely any use, just because it was on either 1x with one bar, searching for a signal or roaming.

So, any tower updated with LTE is supposed to had the panels, RRU's and back haul in place ? Or not necessarily...

If I'm correct not all the upgraded towers with LTE are live? Or are waiting to be connected to the back haul? Thank's.

So, any tower updated with LTE is supposed to had the panels, RRU's and back haul in place ? Or not necessarily...

If I'm correct not all the upgraded towers with LTE are live? Or are waiting to be connected to the back haul? Thank's.

Yeah, I don't think all 4g ready towers are live. There is one in Carolina that won't connect to LTE. It has eHRPD but is really slow or no data at all.

More good news!!!

Maunabo has LTE as I have stated in a previous post. However, today I traveled from Guayama to Humacao via the coast route and noticed that LTE in Maunabo starts on the borderline of Patillas and continues through Maunabo all the way to Yabucoa. Unfortunately, I am a iPhone 5 user and cannot map this using sensorly.

Waiting on Humacao with Patience!!!

• Like 3

More good news!!!

Maunabo has LTE as I have stated in a previous post. However, today I traveled from Guayama to Humacao via the coast route and noticed that LTE in Maunabo starts on the borderline of Patillas and continues through Maunabo all the way to Yabucoa. Unfortunately, I am a iPhone 5 user and cannot map this using sensorly.

That's right!!! . I mapped Yabucoa but sadly no LTE in Humacao yet.

More good news!!!

Me too bro.... :) Humacao with LTE yeahhh

I did the mayaguez to aguada route and a family trip at the same time, 2 birds in the same shot!! Jeje

How did it go!!!!! Screen shots!!!!!

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

If there are 3G updated Towers in Humacao I think they are being blocked by Sprint cause my 3g data is the same here

I think the towers are not connected to the new backhaul yet.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

Back to the Mayagüez issue....its been like 2 or 3 days when at random times communication gets a bit shady.... This means work on towers??? And from exactly where is the lte is on?

Back to the Mayagüez issue....its been like 2 or 3 days when at random times communication gets a bit shady.... This means work on towers??? And from exactly where is the lte is on?

it could be work being done, could be other things... right now Hato Rey doesn't have 3G data, and there's many areas right now in the Metro area with data issues as well, we're all in the same boat, let's just chill and wait for it to be completed

• Like 1

I think that we could do onsite feedback to the forum in the mayaguez area so we can get a better idea of whats going on in "la sultana del oeste" without giving more work to Robert, we have some mayaguez or close towns members, we can do some NV antenna hunting.

Im gonna list the seven antenna locations so if you have a camera with a decent zoom, snap a pic and post it here so we can determine if it have NV equipment.

1) Video avenue rooftop (in front of Centro Medico, easy access)

2) Cerro las mesas (Bella Vista) after you pass the hospital and 7th day adventist church, is on the left of the road. (Easier to spot and to shoot pic)

3) I think we can see it from viaducto, is in the rooftop next to formerly stereo gema.

4) Downtown (around howard johnson hotel). Dont know exactly location, is on one of the rooftop around that area.

5) Mayaguez Terrace traffic light, its on the rooftop of one of the buildings closer to nestle.

6) In front of the "Vertedero", (probably easy to take pics)

7) The last one is on the Zoo road and PR 351 road, never been around that area so dont know how easy is to spot it.

Happy hunting!!

• Like 2

I think that we could do onsite feedback to the forum in the mayaguez area so we can get a better idea of whats going on in "la sultana del oeste" without giving more work to Robert, we have some mayaguez or close towns members, we can do some NV antenna hunting.

Im gonna list the seven antenna locations so if you have a camera with a decent zoom, snap a pic and post it here so we can determine if it have NV equipment.

1) Video avenue rooftop (in front of Centro Medico, easy access)

2) Cerro las mesas (Bella Vista) after you pass the hospital and 7th day adventist church, is on the left of the road. (Easier to spot and to shoot pic)

3) I think we can see it from viaducto, is in the rooftop next to formerly stereo gema.

4) Downtown (around howard johnson hotel). Dont know exactly location, is on one of the rooftop around that area.

5) Mayaguez Terrace traffic light, its on the rooftop of one of the buildings closer to nestle.

6) In front of the "Vertedero", (probably easy to take pics)

7) The last one is on the Zoo road and PR 351 road, never been around that area so dont know how easy is to spot it.

Happy hunting!!

Count me In on the hunting!!!!!

• Like 1