Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

3gNV sites

1) Video avenue rooftop (in front of Centro Medico, easy access)

2) Cerro las mesas (Bella Vista) after you pass the hospital and 7th day adventist church, is on the left of the road. (Easier to spot and to shoot pic)

3) I think we can see it from viaducto, is in the rooftop next to formerly stereo gema.

4) Downtown (around howard johnson hotel). Dont know exactly location, is on one of the rooftop around that area.

5) Mayaguez Terrace traffic light, its on the rooftop of one of the buildings closer to nestle.

6) In front of the "Vertedero", (probably easy to take pics)

7) The last one is on the Zoo road and PR 351 road, never been around that area so dont know how easy is to spot it.

Happy hunting!!

There are a couple of antennas on the video avenue and pampas buildings... Tell me if those are ours...

u3uduza2.jpg

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Spotted some LTE love in San Juan by the ferry terminal. Mapping it as I type. Saw it a bit late as I was getting aboard the ferry itself. Got distracted finding portals in Ingress.

I work at old San Juan and have not seen this. Will check it out tomorrow.

3gNV sites

2) Cerro las mesas (Bella Vista) after you pass the hospital and 7th day adventist church, is on the left of the road. (Easier to spot and to shoot pic)

3) I think we can see it from viaducto, is in the rooftop next to formerly stereo gema.

4) Downtown (around howard johnson hotel). Dont know exactly location, is on one of the rooftop around that area.

5) Mayaguez Terrace traffic light, its on the rooftop of one of the buildings closer to nestle.

7) The last one is on the Zoo road and PR 351 road, never been around that area so dont know how easy is to spot it.

Happy hunting!!

There are a couple of antennas on the video avenue and pampas buildings... Tell me if those are ours...

u3uduza2.jpg

Kaku the site on the Doral building looks like it have NV Equipment, but the video avenue its hard to identify if there is any NV equipment.

Screenshot_2012-11-29-05-42-25.png

here at work and no LTE sittings yet... the 3G is bad as always. But I did notice that they removed the construction sign for the site thats located at the top of the Marshalls building in Old San Juan. Hopefully they turn it up and I can have LTE at work :D

Kaku the site on the Doral building looks like it have NV Equipment, but the video avenue its hard to identify if there is any NV equipment.

Ill try to take another pic closer.... That was a flash pic during my afternoon commute.....

• Like 1

I noticed that my Galaxy S3 is not longer detecting the LTE signal in Cabo Rojo. I was yesterday at the Wendy's close to Road #100 and I was on 3G while my stepson Iphone 5 was running on LTE. Any idea? Could be a hardware issue on my S3? Is there any application on the android market to test the LTE antenna?

I think that we could do onsite feedback to the forum in the mayaguez area so we can get a better idea of whats going on in "la sultana del oeste" without giving more work to Robert, we have some mayaguez or close towns members, we can do some NV antenna hunting.

Im gonna list the seven antenna locations so if you have a camera with a decent zoom, snap a pic and post it here so we can determine if it have NV equipment.

Happy hunting!!

Here is the Cerro Las Mesas antenna. Kind of blurry because the height of the structure, it a beautiful but tall antenna.

post-2600-0-98075400-1354201653_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toyrunner

I think that we could do onsite feedback to the forum in the mayaguez area so we can get a better idea of whats going on in "la sultana del oeste" without giving more work to Robert, we have some mayaguez or close towns members, we can do some NV antenna hunting.

Im gonna list the seven antenna locations so if you have a camera with a decent zoom, snap a pic and post it here so we can determine if it have NV equipment.

Happy hunting!!

Vertedero Array

post-2600-0-98075400-1354201653_thumb.jpg

post-2600-0-81114600-1354201771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toyrunner
  • Like 1

Happy hunting!!

Terrace

post-2600-0-65761300-1354201848_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed that my Galaxy S3 is not longer detecting the LTE signal in Cabo Rojo. I was yesterday at the Wendy's close to Road #100 and I was on 3G while my stepson Iphone 5 was running on LTE. Any idea? Could be a hardware issue on my S3? Is there any application on the android market to test the LTE antenna?

Do you toggle airplane mode? My GS3 pickup LTE faster when I toggle airplane mode on/off.

3gNV sites

Happy hunting!!

One of the ones on top of the "doral" building besides stereo gema

jetu3ure.jpg

Same array from a different perspective

post-2600-0-96276300-1354202119_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Terrace

Thanks Toyrunner and Kaku, seems like almost all sites have NV equipment, I have my doubt on Video Avenue one, in the Vertedero site, looks like the Sprint panels could be the lower set in the first pic. So probably in some time Mayaguez should be up, it could be matter of backhaul.

Thanks Toyrunner and Kaku, seems like almost all sites have NV equipment, I have my doubt on Video Avenue one, in the Vertedero site, looks like the Sprint panels could be the lower set in the first pic. So probably in some time Mayaguez should be up, it could be matter of backhaul.

Ill try and get a better pic today of the one on top of video avenue and pampas building....

Do you toggle airplane mode? My GS3 pickup LTE faster when I toggle airplane mode on/off.

2fast... On the ltevo....im i supposed to necessarily toggle the airplane mode for the connecting issue or did i got one of those EVO's who behave as they should??:D

2fast... On the ltevo....im i supposed to necessarily toggle the airplane mode for the connecting issue or did i got one of those EVO's who behave as they should?? :D

For those that are impatient, toggling airplane mode brings up LTE faster. However, the phone will connect on it's own once it scans for LTE, which can be any amount of time up to a half hour, but usually faster.

For those that are impatient, toggling airplane mode brings up LTE faster. However, the phone will connect on it's own once it scans for LTE, which can be any amount of time up to a half hour, but usually faster.

Im not impatient but wanted to know... Thnx

Didn't intend to imply that you were! I tend to push the airplane button when I'm around LTE, so I'm guilty of it too ^_^

U got me... I am impatient.... But willing to wait "patiently"!!!!

This behavior is really anoying, I did the toggle trick with my GNex to connect to LTE. But now my Note 2 connected almost instantly to LTE went It detect the signal.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2