Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

That's frustrating...we still waiting for some LTE signal in the west side of the island...We were supposed to be the first area with LTE as per Sprint announcement months ago...

Why would they do west side first? They should be doing the most crowded areas first! That is why their first towers with LTE were in the metro area. The more people covered, equals more happy customers!

• Like 1

That's frustrating...we still waiting for some LTE signal in the west side of the island...We were supposed to be the first area with LTE as per Sprint announcement months ago...

Things are progressing at a record pace in PR and you are getting frustrated that you haven't gotten it yet? Believe me when I say that there are millions of customers in other sprint markets that would love to trade places with you right now.

• Like 8

Things are progressing at a record pace in PR and you are getting frustrated that you haven't gotten it yet? Believe me when I say that there are millions of customers in other sprint markets that would love to trade places with you right now.

I'm not frustrated because I don't have it. It's because Sprint said one thing but is doing another thing....

I'm not frustrated because I don't have it. It's because Sprint said one thing but is doing another thing....

Maybe I am looking at the wrong press release, but I'm pretty sure they listed every decent size city on the island when they said work was under way. As far as I know, they didn't release a detailed schedule and then proceed to do the opposite. Maybe you should cool your jets and excercise a little patience.

• Like 1

Maybe I am looking at the wrong press release, but I'm pretty sure they listed every decent size city on the island when they said work was under way. As far as I know, they didn't release a detailed schedule and then proceed to do the opposite. Maybe you should cool your jets and excercise a little patience.

I was dreaming that Las Piedras and Humacao were in that list. It is incredible that Yabucoa had LTE without announcing it and the tower in front of my house it is blocking LTE after was mapped in sensorly.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

uploadfromtaptalk1353370876111.jpg

I was dreaming that Las Piedras and Humacao were in that list. It is incredible that Yabucoa had LTE without announcing it and the tower in front of my house it is blocking LTE after was mapped in sensorly.

I would think it is safe to say, the entire island will be seeing LTE soon, whether the city was part of the announcement or not...

• Like 3

From the link on your post Aguadilla, San Sebastian and Isabela are listed and LTE is not working there, but it's already working in Bayamon and Caguas just to mention two of them that were not listed..See my point?

From the link on your post Aguadilla' date=' San Sebastian and Isabela are listed and LTE is not working there, but it's already working in Bayamon and Caguas just to mention two of them that were not listed..See my point?[/quote']

They are working on the entire market, not just the cities in the announcement.

Edit: To further expound on this, when Sprint starts work on a market, they don't stop until every site has been upgraded (unless it is a site that is not planned to be upgraded for some reason). While they say "we are starting work on city a, b and c," they are working everywhere in the market. The largest factor of when a site is completed is when the backhaul provider can deliver the upgraded backhaul to the site, or when the microwave links come online.

• Like 3

Exactly.....Said one thing but doing other......which is not bad but raised the expectation for people living in those towns...

They said they are starting work! Not finishing work! Maybe you would have preferred that they would have said nothing...

Exactly.....Said one thing but doing other......which is not bad but raised the expectation for people living in those towns...

Remember that LTE in PR isn't officially launched yet, those places have NV equipment installed just like Cabo Rojo and you found LTE in Cabo Rojo today.

I'm guessing this is why Sprint was blocking access before "launching" the city in the first crop of markets. Then everyone whined, and they seem to have stopped blocking access to completed sites. Now people are whining that their city is a couple weeks behind the other cities...

:wall:

• Like 5

My humble opinion about NV in PR is that Sprint is working at double pace. Each week two or three towns are upgraded.

I was told by an employee of Sprint store in Humacao that LTE will be ready for most of the island by December. Take it like a pinch of salt.

• Like 3

Is anyone else here amazed at how much ground one tower covers! Almost half of a city is covered by just one tower! I cant even imagine when every tower in a city is upgraded, that is gonna be amazing!

I think so too. When mapping Yabucoa one tower covered a big portion of the town. Some parts with weak 3g signals, were upgraded with twice the bars.

Just to let everyone know.. apparently all sites near my apt have ehrpd..

That's in Guaynabo near bellas artes.

ava3yvy2.jpg

No LTE yet..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Can you do a speedtest to check for better speeds ? Not saying ehpdr is the culprit but to check if your site was NV upgraded.

Here it is. .

For some reason I couldnt host it with tapatalk.. Image is attached.

Couldn't get more than 200kbps before. .

Thanks. Good 3g speed. Looks an NV upgraded tower to me!! LTE must be not far away. This is awesome, at this pace the Island will be upgraded in record time.

Thanks. Good 3g speed. Looks an upgraded tower to me!!

Yes. I think so.. im really happy right now. I can watch a youtube video hq without buffering..

• Like 1