Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Well Claro Puerto Rico yesterday launch its 4g LTE service ,in the initial phase ; san juan ponce and mayaguez, 19 towns total. In the first quarter of 2013 they expect to covers the entire island. I hope Sprint surprise then in the initial lunch.........

I hope so too!!! :)

I didn't liked the Claro plans, they are like ATT (in price) and the customer service Is horrible at best. (Only my opinion)

• Like 1

I noticed that I have the same issue. Is there any way to change that parameter to LTE Enable? My PRL version is 25009

Greetings Im new I have the same issue with my gs3 . When I enable the mobile network selection of cdma or cdma/lte goes global. When I select cdma/lte goes disable in ##data

I think it could be a bug or simply it shows LTE disabled when you're not connected to LTE service. My GS3 shows LTE disabled and I was able to connect to LTE.

Prior to the LJ7 update it was enabled all the time even when not connected to LTE. I checked the setting on a coworker's phone who was on LI3 still....stock phone not rooted or anything. After he took the latest OTA, the setting had changed to disabled, as did mine.

I was sort of worried that it made a difference, so I had made a nandroid before I updated to Jelly Bean, in case I had issues connecting while I was in LA last weekend.

I should have changed the setting to enabled to see if it did anything or not, but I didn't think of it at the time.

• Like 1

Has there been even one report of 4g on St Thomas? By the map info it says work should have started on my closest tower in September... BSID #6192 Thanks! (great forum by the way)

Welcome to the forums..

From what I'm seeing in Puerto Rico, scheduled dates most of the times are not accurate. They started a few months behind schedule dates, at least in Puerto Rico.

Has there been even one report of 4g on St Thomas? By the map info it says work should have started on my closest tower in September... BSID #6192

Thanks! (great forum by the way)

No 4g in St.Thomas as yet, at the present moment I can't even confirm that towers have been upgraded but even if they are I can almost guarantee that sufficient backhaul will continue to be a problem. Like I have said many times before, I always suspected that PR would be upgraded in record time while the USVI will lag behind and get treated like a red headed step child.

Anyway, if you have a decent camera with a good optical zoom, you should take pics of a few towers around the island so we can see if there are network vision panels installed. I would say take pics of the cell tower base station if you could but I noticed that all of them on the island are all enclosed in a small building(I guess for hurricane protection) so you can't actually see the equipment. I am currently in St.Thomas as well and its hard to get close enough to a tower to take a decent pic with my phone.

• Like 2

LTE is being blocked in Rio Hondo, I was very close to the tower (50ft-200ft)with LTE only and my GS3 didnt connect once. Also I went to the Hato Tejas LTE site were they have wimax also and while being less than 200 feet from the tower I was only getting 2-4mbps. I hope their LTE sites dont get slow anytime soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

who knows... it's certainly possible; Claro just launched their LTE network without it being 100% complete, and Sprint has launched lot of markets in the US, with none of them being 100% complete either

by my math and using the info in this site, almost 60% of the sites have been accepted by Sprint; the official launch of the LTE network in PR within the next 2 weeks to a month sounds like a very real possibility

• Like 3

Hi LTE hunters! I've been lurking this thread by a few weeks and I never had a reason to post, but now I do! Here's some eye candy I found in Bayamon near "Plaza Del Sol" (or a bit further). I didn't have much signal when I did the test, I almost crashed when I saw the 4G symbol :lol: .

post-8014-0-34166000-1353292702_thumb.jpg

post-8014-0-95488000-1353292703_thumb.jpg

post-8014-0-50207800-1353292705_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Has anybody looked at Sensorly lately? LTE coverage in Caguas has exploded all over the place.

That's frustrating...we still waiting for some LTE signal in the west side of the island...We were supposed to be the first area with LTE as per Sprint announcement months ago...