Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I went to Hoe avenue today to test LTE and it was very spotty. I was excited to see the 4g icon, but I couldn't even finish a speed test. It would start at LTE and finish the speed test in 3G. It's not ready for prime time, but hopefully it's a sign of what's to come.

For reference: I'm on a Galaxy S3 running JellyBomb 4.3 Jellybean leak.

That also happen to me when i was up there they have some towers with LTE but some on not on yet they are just testing them that's what sprint told me and also it might be spotty since theirs more 3G thowers then LTE live now

That also happen to me when i was up there they have some towers with LTE but some on not on yet they are just testing them that's what sprint told me and also it might be spotty since theirs more 3G thowers then LTE live now

OK that explains a lot. I could always reconnect , but the speeds would slow down quickly and kick me back to 3g. Hopefully we get a prelaunch within a month.

I went to Hoe avenue today to test LTE and it was very spotty. I was excited to see the 4g icon, but I couldn't even finish a speed test. It would start at LTE and finish the speed test in 3G. It's not ready for prime time, but hopefully it's a sign of what's to come.

For reference: I'm on a Galaxy S3 running JellyBomb 4.3 Jellybean leak.

I am back over there on Tues. Will check it out. Where on Hoe? I was near the Laundry Mat on the corner of Hoe Ave.

I am back over there on Tues. Will check it out. Where on Hoe? I was near the Laundry Mat on the corner of Hoe Ave.

I had to put my iphone on air plane mode and then turn it off to get LTE but it would last about 1 min and then go away

Damn I have been all over the Bronx but my phone is not always in front of my face. In Throggsneck I thought I saw a 4g signal for a split second and then it was gone. I have achieved up to 1.9mbs in many areas including Queens since last January, but like U.F.O's I ain't never seen on o dem 4g LTE signals yet. I have even tested areas where Wimax was strong and no LTE yet.lol

I am now jealous, and must travel with my phone in my windshield mount now.rofl

Today i had 1 signal bar and it said extended without 3G on my iPhone and what Sprint told me was that this was happening since they are getting ready to launch NV LTE in your area and they are working on the towers near your house . They said it should be ready for the 19th

Today i had 1 signal bar and it said extended without 3G on my iPhone and what Sprint told me was that this was happening since they are getting ready to launch NV LTE in your area and they are working on the towers near your house . They said it should be ready for the 19th

I would take that wiht a huge grain of salt LMAO

Reps are very unreliable when it comes to this or most any kind of info

Here is a revised map update for my area https://network.spri...om/NY/New-York/

what's interesting is the viewing a close-up of that map shows absolutely nothing happening for those of us in Morningside Heights. I have no idea if the "data speed upgrades" and "data capacity upgrades" shown have anything to do with Network Vision or not, but according to their own map, nothing is happening in this neighborhood.

• Like 1

Its funny you should mention that , because I was thinking the same thing. We know for a fact that there's at least one live lte tower in the Bronx yet I don't see that listed at all. It seems as though Sprint's own website is pretty useless for detailed information regarding lte updates. Its very vague, mentioning only "speed upgrades". What does that mean? Asfar as I'm concerned that simply refers to standard increases in 3g speeds as part of NV upgrades. I know they're in a tight spot and are playing catch up in lte upgrades and coverage compared to AT&T and Verizon , but I wish they were more in depth with their info.