Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Its funny you should mention that , because I was thinking the same thing. We know for a fact that there's at least one live lte tower in the Bronx yet I don't see that listed at all. It seems as though Sprint's own website is pretty useless for detailed information regarding lte updates. Its very vague, mentioning only "speed upgrades". What does that mean? Asfar as I'm concerned that simply refers to standard increases in 3g speeds as part of NV upgrades. I know they're in a tight spot and are playing catch up in lte upgrades and coverage compared to AT&T and Verizon , but I wish they were more in depth with their info.

Well I can say without a doubt that my 3g speeds have increased pretty much every where that I go n the Bronx right now.

Its funny you should mention that , because I was thinking the same thing. We know for a fact that there's at least one live lte tower in the Bronx yet I don't see that listed at all. It seems as though Sprint's own website is pretty useless for detailed information regarding lte updates. Its very vague, mentioning only "speed upgrades". What does that mean? Asfar as I'm concerned that simply refers to standard increases in 3g speeds as part of NV upgrades. I know they're in a tight spot and are playing catch up in lte upgrades and coverage compared to AT&T and Verizon , but I wish they were more in depth with their info.

Its been noted on other parts of these forums that the upgrades you see listed on network.sprint.com are not Network Vision related. Unless they have changed that recently, that site is only outlining bandaid fixes.

To clarify, network.sprint.com shows work being handled by Sprint's network maintenance contractor, not Network Vision contractors. Things like adding to a site additional CDMA voice carriers, additional 3G EVDO data carriers and upgraded backhaul (which is additional T1 lines in most instances at non-NV sites).

Occasionally you will see one of these markers at a post NV site. Some NV sites will show data speed upgrades, which is believed to be because the site now has has their backhaul upgraded. Also, some NV sites may show additional voice and EVDO carriers, if additional capacity was added by Network Vision contractors.

However, we have never seen any NV sites on these maps in advance. In the few instances where an NV site shows up on the network.sprint.com site, it is always in the past tense of upgrades that have occurred. And they are never specifically identified as Network Vision. You would only know if you go back and compare to our NV Sites Complete maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Its funny you should mention that , because I was thinking the same thing. We know for a fact that there's at least one live lte tower in the Bronx yet I don't see that listed at all. It seems as though Sprint's own website is pretty useless for detailed information regarding lte updates. Its very vague, mentioning only "speed upgrades". What does that mean?  Asfar as I'm concerned that simply refers to standard increases in 3g speeds as part of NV upgrades. I know they're in a tight spot and are playing catch up in lte upgrades and coverage compared to AT&T and Verizon , but I wish they were more in depth with their info.

I was referring more specifically to how little has happened in my neighborhood to improve the data service. Most other areas in Manhattan have pretty extensive upgrades blanketing them; up here the nearest upgraded sites are too far away to be of much use to people in and around Columbia University. My concern going forward is that Network Vision will be similarly sporadic in this neighborhood. I have no idea what the locations are of the NV towers, but I do know that the current 3G and WiMax sources are spread really thin up here and as such are woefully over capacity. Not really sure why it's the case up here that coverage thins out while immediately north of here coverage is far more dense, but that's just how it is.

For the last week every other day or so, the roaming icon appears on and off for about an hour. Check out my screenshot. What does this mean? How could I be roaming and connected to sprint ehrpd at the same time?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1350507768999.jpg

For the last week every other day or so, the roaming icon appears on and off for about an hour. Check out my screenshot. What does this mean? How could I be roaming and connected to sprint ehrpd at the same time?

I have been roaming for 2 days now every time i am round my house maybe it has to do with the LTE updates. Have you updated the PRL

Prl 25006 Samsung s3. I can see the closest sprint antennas from my home. I usually have full bars for signal. I am currently not roaming and back to full bars. Idk.....

Prl 25006 Samsung s3. I can see the closest sprint antennas from my home. I usually have full bars for signal. I am currently not roaming and back to full bars. Idk.....

You should call sprint and have them reset it from there end. My service been off and on this whole week they are upgrade 2 towers around my house to LTE i spotted them yesterday.