Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

B41 seems to be doing good indoors. I'm guessing the sheer amount of towers is why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its because it can transfer data even at the fringe level, the typical B25 bars really don't correlate 1 to 1 with B41. Also, optimization is in full force! B41 is everywhere in NYC and its kicking ass.

Also, we might have some 8t8r antennas (which will propagate just as well as B25) here and there.

• Like 2

Band 26 on queens

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

You should try to confirm what site is broadcasting this! I've been tracking down which towers are broadcasting Band 26 whenever I connect to them.

Currently in Williamsburg at Sea. Band 25 LTE is limited in this area but Band 41 makes up for it by a significant margin. For example, in Sea I always drop down to 1x. More often than not it is 3-4 bars but the signal fades in and out and my device refuses to connect to EVDO in here. I cycled airplane mode and voila, my device is on Band 41. Somehow, Band 41 is managing to keep a signal in an area that is typically 1x only. It's great!

• Like 5

Currently in Williamsburg at Sea. Band 25 LTE is limited in this area but Band 41 makes up for it by a significant margin. For example, in Sea I always drop down to 1x. More often than not it is 3-4 bars but the signal fades in and out and my device refuses to connect to EVDO in here. I cycled airplane mode and voila, my device is on Band 41. Somehow, Band 41 is managing to keep a signal in an area that is typically 1x only. It's great!

how many bars of b41?

how many bars of b41?

Extremely weak signal of about -122dbm but it was still loading webpages incredibly fast. Instagram was loading quickly and I couldn't tell that much of a difference from when I have all bars.

I can see Sensorly being a pain for NYC. I decided to do some mapping while walking to the Dry Cleaners today. Going to the dry cleaners, I was albe to map Band 25. On my way back, my phone connected to a weak Band 41 signal. It produced better speeds, but wasn't very good for showing off Sprint's improved coverage. I was at -100dbm where I'd normally have -89dbm signal on Band 25. 

Just something that I have noticed.

How's the service in Midtown? 8th Ave around W37th. Is there LTE. I decent started working out there for SYEP. I went to work on Monday but because I had iOS 8 Beta 2 on my phone. It glitches up my service & disconnected my service so I wasn't connected to anything. My next work day is Friday I just wanna know if I'm looking in for terrible service or average B25.

Edited by IsaiahL

How's the service in Midtown? 8th Ave around W37th. Is there LTE. I decent started working out there for SYEP. I went to work on Monday but because I had iOS 8 Beta 2 on my phone. It glitches up my service & disconnected my service so I wasn't connected to anything. My next work day is Friday I just wanna know if I'm looking in for terrible service or average B25.

Band 25 coverage should be fine. There is only one site in that area without LTE, but that shouldn't impact service too much.

My cousin did SYEP last year. I almost did SYEP too, but I got a job working for my Aunt at a hospital instead.

• Like 1

Band 25 works ok, its a bit overburdened in that area, but there is Band 41 there as well. 

Band 25 works ok, its a bit overburdened in that area, but there is Band 41 there as well.

I don't have a Spark device yet. Waiting for the next iPhone. If that's not spark, then I just MIGHT , switch to android. I like the M8

• Like 1

I don't have a Spark device yet. Waiting for the next iPhone. If that's not spark, then I just MIGHT , switch to android. I like the M8

Awesome choice if you're switching to Android! Just don't get anything related Samsung. We need the smaller players to get more marketshare.

• Like 1

Awesome choice if you're switching to Android! Just don't get anything related Samsung. We need the smaller players to get more marketshare.

I hate Samsung. Blekkk *Throws up in mouth a little* [emoji40]

• Like 1

Dont know, LG G3 lookin mighty sweet and its coming in about a week...

I'll wait for Technobuffalo & Pocketnow to do reviews on that phone when it comes out.

Yeah, but LG hasn't had the best reputation with software updates. The G3 has also been plagued with battery issues despite having a decent battery size. So far, the people that I know who have G3's say that the battery life isn't as good as the G2, but it's still very good. They also say that the screen heat up issue occurs a bit to often for their liking.

In my opinion, LG tried to outshine the competition but made too many sacrifices along the way in doing so. Not to mention, the M8 is possibly one of the most color accurate displays I've ever seen on a device.

It's surprising how you can get in contact with the authors of some articles through Google+ (which supposedly no one uses). I've  been able to speak with so many phone reviewers one on one, it's insane. I speak to Alex Maxham from Android Headlines pretty frequently.

• Like 1

Just watched a review. It's an alright phone. To big for my use. I don't want over 5". M8 is perfect for my use. Plus it reminds me of the iPhones nice build with Aluminum

Yeah, but LG hasn't had the best reputation with software updates. The G3 has also been plagued with battery issues despite having a decent battery size. So far, the people that I know who have G3's say that the battery life isn't as good as the G2, but it's still very good. They also say that the screen heat up issue occurs a bit to often for their liking.

In my opinion, LG tried to outshine the competition but made too many sacrifices along the way in doing so. Not to mention, the M8 is possibly one of the most color accurate displays I've ever seen on a device.

It's surpassing how you can get in contact with the authors of some articles through Google+ (which supposedly no one uses). I've  been able to speak with so many phone reviewers one on one, it's insane. I speak to Alex Maxham from Android Headlines pretty frequently.

A few things, different markets, get different versions of the phone. Sprint tends to almost always fall into the higher end category, and this device is no exception. This device has more ram (3GB) and bigger space (32GB) than the reference models going around. Also, it will be one of the first devices with Wifi calling out the box. 

Color accuracy might not be 100% but, what it lacks in accuracy it MORE than makes up with in pixel density and resolution (a monster 538PPI!!!!!) 

About the kinks with battery life, im pretty sure sprints version will have those things sorted before launched. Another thing, since LG toned down and flattened there skin, its become a hell of a lot better. 

One thing is for sure, choices are good....

• Like 1

A few things, different markets, get different versions of the phone. Sprint tends to almost always fall into the higher end category, and this device is no exception. This device has more ram (3GB) and bigger space (32GB) than the reference models going around. Also, it will be one of the first devices with Wifi calling out the box. 

Color accuracy might not be 100% but, what it lacks in accuracy it MORE than makes up with in pixel density and resolution (a monster 538PPI!!!!!) 

About the kinks with battery life, im pretty sure sprints version will have those things sorted before launched. Another thing, since LG toned down and flattened there skin, its become a hell of a lot better. 

One thing is for sure, choices are good....

I agree choices are good, but the display although it has great pixel density has also been reported to over sharpen text and such which can look awkward. I believe LG made a good device but they're spreading themselves a bit too thin by trying to be a jack of all trades. It helps them gain marketshare very quickly but I believe that they are following a bit too closely in Samsung's footsteps. Though that seems to be changing a bit in the latest iteration of LG's user interface.

I agree choices are good, but the display although it has great pixel density has also been reported to over sharpen text and such which can look awkward. I believe LG made a good device but they're spreading themselves a bit too thin by trying to be a jack of all trades. It helps them gain marketshare very quickly but I believe that they are following a bit too closely in Samsung's footsteps. Though that seems to be changing a bit in the latest iteration of LG's user interface.

I've never had any issues with LG hardware, I absolutely love my Nexus 5. But software has always been lacking. This latest version seems to fix most of those issues. Personally I'm going to wait for a phone that supports Carrier Aggregation before making a move to another device (hopefully Nexus 6)

I've never had any issues with LG hardware, I absolutely love my Nexus 5. But software has always been lacking. This latest version seems to fix most of those issues. Personally I'm going to wait for a phone that supports Carrier Aggregation before making a move to another device (hopefully Nexus 6)

The nexus 6 if it follows the release cylces will probably be too soon to support the proper chip set modem combo sadly. This will be the first time I stick with a phone as long as I have. I'll be waiting a full upgrade cycle to update my device.

The nexus 6 if it follows the release cylces will probably be too soon to support the proper chip set modem combo sadly. This will be the first time I stick with a phone as long as I have. I'll be waiting a full upgrade cycle to update my device.

I don't expect another proper nexus device till years end. So I think it might make the cut. The new chipset with CA support is already shipping to phone manufactures.

http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/processors/810