Has anyone drive around the Maitland area? I did a few weeks back and didn't get a lick of LTE. But I see on the map there is a site complete near maitland blvd and I4. Is the coverage just that bad from the tower?

I work in Maitland so I constantly check for LTE but the closest that I have seen was at exit 92 for Altamonte Springs and the speeds were terrible which leads me to believe that the tower was far or still being worked on. I do get excellent 3G though with full bars. I used to get full 4G WiMax with my EVO 3D.

I work in Maitland so I constantly check for LTE but the closest that I have seen was at exit 92 for Altamonte Springs and the speeds were terrible which leads me to believe that the tower was far or still being worked on. I do get excellent 3G though with full bars. I used to get full 4G WiMax with my EVO 3D.

Yeah back when I had the GS2 I got pretty good WiMax in the Maitland/Altamonte area as well. Ocoee got barely a lick of WiMax, and so far no 4G action. Oh well. Here's hoping it won't be the summer of no LTE.

Yeah back when I had the GS2 I got pretty good WiMax in the Maitland/Altamonte area as well. Ocoee got barely a lick of WiMax, and so far no 4G action. Oh well. Here's hoping it won't be the summer of no LTE.

I hear you. I did receive LTE in the Auburndale area while driving to Lakeland. The speeds were blazing fast and I had it for about a good 10 minutes. I just hope that that kind of speed and service comes here to Maitland and Orlando.

I hear you. I did receive LTE in the Auburndale area while driving to Lakeland. The speeds were blazing fast and I had it for about a good 10 minutes. I just hope that that kind of speed and service comes here to Maitland and Orlando.

Same here - I had amazing LTE while in the Sherman Oaks area a few weeks back, so hoping its like that here.

• Like 1

So they must be working on a tower near Sand Lake Road and Dr Phillips today because when I switched over to mobile I noticed that I was constantly acquiring and dropping both 3G and the Analog signal, and the 3G speed is laughably slow, even for Sprint. At least I hope that it's just tower work.

• Like 1

So they must be working on a tower near Sand Lake Road and Dr Phillips today because when I switched over to mobile I noticed that I was constantly acquiring and dropping both 3G and the Analog signal, and the 3G speed is laughably slow, even for Sprint. At least I hope that it's just tower work.

Possibly as I am having the same issues. I am right next to the Kmart on Turkey Lake... I have sometimes just given up on web browsing or anything data needy...

• Like 1

Wow, I think I actually mapped something. Not sure who lives in West Volusia(Deland,Orange city etc....) I mapped over by the Wal-mart - chick fila area. Looks like someone got over by 17-92 pretty good. Any one this site from the area do the mapping? Also I have read a lot about how because of better backhaul etc. They might change the down tilt to some towers to expand its range since it can handle more data,thus covering more dead spots. I'm guessing no one knows which ones are getting that, but just curious if my line of thinking is even correct.( Disclaimer I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, that's why I ask the SMART people! ha)

When I bought my iphone 5, the sales rep told me the same thing. When I asked him when they would be turned on he said December 2013. That seems very far off. Is this accurate or could there be another reason why they haven't turned them on yet ?

When I bought my iphone 5, the sales rep told me the same thing. When I asked him when they would be turned on he said December 2013. That seems very far off. Is this accurate or could there be another reason why they haven't turned them on yet ?

Told you the same thing as what?

I don't totally follow you're question.

I'm wondering if it's missing a quote, but if you're wondering if they're waiting until Dec. to turn on LTE, they're not. There is LTE live right now all over the place in Florida, and even the Orlando market. It's a little scarce right now in Orlando proper, but that will fill in during the coming weeks and months. Work is on going, and they are activating each tower as soon as it's complete. The market should have a launchable amount of service by this summer, if not before.

Told you the same thing as what?

I don't totally follow you're question.

I'm wondering if it's missing a quote, but if you're wondering if they're waiting until Dec. to turn on LTE, they're not. There is LTE live right now all over the place in Florida, and even the Orlando market. It's a little scarce right now in Orlando proper, but that will fill in during the coming weeks and months. Work is on going, and they are activating each tower as soon as it's complete. The market should have a launchable amount of service by this summer, if not before.

Sorry about that, i'm still learning how to use the forums, but I was saying that the sales rep at sprint told me that towers were complete in the Daytona area, but they would not be turned on until December 2013 because something about they are still working on the infrastructure

No, but there is complete tower for some time. Just needs to be on.

It could that the towers are being completed before the back haul upgrades are done. No point in turning towers on if they don't have the bandwidth to actually deliver LTE speeds. If they were to turn them on prior to being able to handle the capacity, then there would be complaints about dismal LTE speeds. Just a guess though, based on how poor 3G speeds have been for the past two years.

Probably inaccurate because there is a complete tower in daytona. Its not on yet from other reasons. Sprint isn't waiting exactly for December to say oh its December let's turn the towers on lol. They tell you December so you don't get your hopes up but in reality its way before December you should see lte.

Its backhaul, probably AT&T or Bright house being sluggish. Also the possibility of holdup with the permits / install for aav or microwave backhaul.

The tower at city center circle and old dunlawton have recently had permits printed for work to begin. I also noticed workers at the city center site, but didn't intrude to determine what was going on; I did notice digging.

Edit: Don't listen to any reps, They usually don't know whats going on. They either lie to keep you from complaining when things don't happen; or lie to sell you the phone..

Edit 2: When I worked at radio shack my sprint rep had info in an email stating full deployment would be completed in daytona / ormond / port orange around december 2013 but there are many factors determining that..

Wow, I think I actually mapped something. Not sure who lives in West Volusia(Deland,Orange city etc....) I mapped over by the Wal-mart - chick fila area. Looks like someone got over by 17-92 pretty good. Any one this site from the area do the mapping? Also I have read a lot about how because of better backhaul etc. They might change the down tilt to some towers to expand its range since it can handle more data,thus covering more dead spots. I'm guessing no one knows which ones are getting that, but just curious if my line of thinking is even correct.( Disclaimer I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, that's why I ask the SMART people! ha)

Yeah that was me, on Thursday I noticed the 4G hardware on the tower at Enterprise Ave. / Volusia Ave. and then checked my S3, it was active. Then I started mapping the area, I have about 50 users on air-cards in the Orange City city limits (Police/Fire) so I have been watching this for awhile. Right near the tower I was able to pull 18mbit down and 6mbit up. As you get north up to Graves Ave. the outdoor coverage is giving 5mbit down and 2mbit up max. Coverage is lost once you go in-building.

The tower north on 472 does not appear to have LTE and the tower at Normandy/Saxon does not have LTE on yet either. This is the first I have seen over the St. John's bridge in West Volusia.

While I was at a sprint store yesterday I talked with a sales rep and asked him when should LTE come to Orlando. He named most of the places that are on sensibly that already have it (which I knew just was making sure he knew what he was saying) and then he said that LTE should cover most of Orlando in summer (he said that's what sprint tells them) which goes along my prediction that I made earlier.So yea LTE coming soon.

Yeah that was me, on Thursday I noticed the 4G hardware on the tower at Enterprise Ave. / Volusia Ave. and then checked my S3, it was active. Then I started mapping the area, I have about 50 users on air-cards in the Orange City city limits (Police/Fire) so I have been watching this for awhile. Right near the tower I was able to pull 18mbit down and 6mbit up. As you get north up to Graves Ave. the outdoor coverage is giving 5mbit down and 2mbit up max. Coverage is lost once you go in-building.

The tower north on 472 does not appear to have LTE and the tower at Normandy/Saxon does not have LTE on yet either. This is the first I have seen over the St. John's bridge in West Volusia.

Well its nice having someone else in the area mapping and searching for some LTE. Today I was able to Pick up LTE from about Orange camp road on 17-92 and the signal stayed as I headed towards Debary then I took a left onto Enterprise and got to about the bowling alley before it cut out. I'm very happy about the coverage from just the one tower as well as the speeds it is producing. I noticed you are not a sponsor so hope this is within the rules, but according to the maps the one on 472 has LTE installed its just not active yet( I however do not know what the hardware looks like to confirm this though). Once they light that one up it should be a nice little stretch of good 4g coverage.

hey everyone. just found this site and wished I found it sooner. I live in Haines City but work in Winter Haven. I noticed about a week ago a couple mornings in a row 4g light up and go away near Recker Hwy and Commerical Blvd in the 33880. sometime ago I seen ppl on a couple towers in the 33884. the issue I have for a week now is the tower at Register Rd and Lake Dexter Cir looks to be offline for even 3g service. Sprint only tells me known issue there and techs working on it. is it normal for this to happen prior to launch? its getting really annoying because this is the tower I'm connected to most of the time because the service area I work in is usually close to this tower and I never see anyone at that location anymore working.

hey everyone. just found this site and wished I found it sooner. I live in Haines City but work in Winter Haven. I noticed about a week ago a couple mornings in a row 4g light up and go away near Recker Hwy and Commerical Blvd in the 33880. sometime ago I seen ppl on a couple towers in the 33884. the issue I have for a week now is the tower at Register Rd and Lake Dexter Cir looks to be offline for even 3g service. Sprint only tells me known issue there and techs working on it. is it normal for this to happen prior to launch? its getting really annoying because this is the tower I'm connected to most of the time because the service area I work in is usually close to this tower and I never see anyone at that location anymore working.

Yes it is common for this to happen. When network vision rolled out in my area there outages and dropped calls for about two weeks. The good news is that once it is done the experience is much improved.

This is why LTE isn't live in Daytona:

https://www.dropbox....%2018.45.34.png

1. This was off an I4 Exit in longwood(I believe)

2. My phone charger died while the gps was running and failed to boot the phone, pulled off this exit to get another charger and noticed 4G was on and then the phone quit as it was charging

3. Couldn't get into LTE engineering due to the fact I was in a hurry to get home at the time(already wasted 10 mins getting the phone to boot to test 4G) So I'm not entirely sure if its a signal issue or backhaul ping was high so, id assume backhaul)

Edit: It was off State Road 434 and i4..

Thanks for posting this. I live in Auburndale, so this is great news to hear.

This is why LTE isn't live in Daytona:

https://www.dropbox....%2018.45.34.png

1. This was off an I4 Exit in longwood(I believe)

2. My phone charger died while the gps was running and failed to boot the phone, pulled off this exit to get another charger and noticed 4G was on and then the phone quit as it was charging

3. Couldn't get into LTE engineering due to the fact I was in a hurry to get home at the time(already wasted 10 mins getting the phone to boot to test 4G) So I'm not entirely sure if its a signal issue or backhaul ping was high so, id assume backhaul)

Edit: It was off State Road 434 and i4..

I'm confused. What does Longwood have to do with Daytona ?