LTE Tower pictures.

Amazing speeds, that is a very tall tower. I guess its true, everything truly is bigger in Texas.

Looks normal size..some in my area are taller.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Looks normal size..some in my area are taller.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Now guys, no need to be measuring your towers here... what matters how they perform, lol.

• Like 12

I would be interested to see if someone could do a test to see how the signal drop off and speed drop off at certain distances from the tower... like every quarter mile do a speed test and measure the signal strength. I am sure I am not the only one that would like to see this.

I would be interested to see if someone could do a test to see how the signal drop off and speed drop off at certain distances from the tower... like every quarter mile do a speed test and measure the signal strength. I am sure I am not the only one that would like to see this.

Looks like they're pretty close to eachother that after a certain distance, you'd be connected to another tower. lol

It would be interesting, but there are a lot if variables that could make one tower drop off faster than another. Downtilt, tower height, topography, vegetation etc can all reduce the signal faster at one location vs another.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

It would be interesting, but there are a lot if variables that could make one tower drop off faster than another. Downtilt, tower height, topography, vegetation etc can all reduce the signal faster at one location vs another.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

Oh, I know... but there were a lot of people saying how far they were from a tower and their signal strength, and it would be cool to know if they are experiencing good service.

Plus as far as I know, texas is much more flat with fewer trees than where I live. And because the build out is not complete yet, I am sure that there would be a place on the outskirts of town that would be able to test this. I know it would not be a controlled experiment, and that it would not be completely accurate, but if a few people from this site were able to all do a test, we might be able to draw a few conclusions, or at least confirm the technical specs we're supposed to see.

Edited by Josh

So would this look pretty much the same as an ATT or Verizon LTE tower? I've seen some very similar looking towers in the Indianapolis area. I can never tell right now because there are so many towers anymore.

The tower itself will look identical...towers are generally owned by a tower company rather than a wireless carrier. Though Verizon owns some of its towers (as does AT&T and, to an extent, T-Mobile).

The equipment on the towers OTOH may look a bit different, comparing legacy Sprint/VZ/AT&T/etc. to NV or VZ/AT&T LTE.

b8d5e593-9ac1-e90e.jpg

I found this tower yesterday on the east part of the island (PuertoRico).... But really dont know if its a Sprint LTE tower.... Anyone enlight me on this..thanx :D

sent using my htcEVO4g fk'n superphone

It's hard to tell anything from this vantage point. Need to be better zoomed in. What location is it at? What city/cross streets.

Robert

Ok....its between Luquillo and Fajardo on the east part of Puerto Rico..... Tomorrow ill take a pic of one near my house... Thnx robert

b8d5e593-9ac1-e90e.jpg

I found this tower yesterday on the east part of the island (PuertoRico).... But really dont know if its a Sprint LTE tower.... Anyone enlight me on this..thanx :D

I'd say that looks like a Verizon tower. They have HUGE LTE panels near the top.