Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

I was wondering about this. Sprint stores have been selling phones here, telling people LTE would be in Sarasota/Bradenton by last December. Then around November, the words "Sarasota/Bradenton" were removed from all listings of markets getting LTE. If you look at the markets in SW Florida now, "Sarasota/Bradenton" is suspiciously missing. Worse, they started some work here on Sprint towers about last August... made Sprint service in this area nearly unusable (and that's how it remains now 6-7 months later). Not a word since. No updates. And not a tower in this area even "in progress". Makes me wonder still.

Mike

Sprint never removed your area from any list. Sprint isn't keeping a running list of announcements. Each announcement only names additional cities.

Work is progressing in your area. In fact, I just got word of the first accepted site in the Bradenton area. I will release more details tonight when I get home from my trip. I'm currently driving. But I pulled over to specifically respond to this post.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I was wondering about this. Sprint stores have been selling phones here, telling people LTE would be in Sarasota/Bradenton by last December. Then around November, the words "Sarasota/Bradenton" were removed from all listings of markets getting LTE. If you look at the markets in SW Florida now, "Sarasota/Bradenton" is suspiciously missing. Worse, they started some work here on Sprint towers about last August... made Sprint service in this area nearly unusable (and that's how it remains now 6-7 months later). Not a word since. No updates. And not a tower in this area even "in progress". Makes me wonder still.

Mike

Funny.... I went to the sprint store to pick up my new modem about 4 weeks ago and the sales lady was telling people that lte was done and just needed to be turned on. Then as I'm checking out with my tri mode modem she tells me the same thing. I smiled and said "I don't think so" she insisted, so I happy said have a good day and went on my way. Feel sorry for all the people that get the idea its right around the corner. Now I know whay there are so many people screaming where's my lte. Reps are so misinformed. This was the store at university by jason's deli.

I am curious to know the status of the LTE rollout in the Marco Island-Goodland area. Any towers up and running down there? The reason I ask is I'm moving to the south naples area in May and will be spending a lot of time in Marco and Goodland because that's where my family lives. I'm thinking that if LTE would be last to any area, it would be Marco Island-Goodland.

Not a thing down here. I posted a pic of att guys on a building the other day hoping they were sprint. Pretty sure we will be the end of the line in SW Florida. Still have hope with all that is happening in Ft Myers.

Funny.... I went to the sprint store to pick up my new modem about 4 weeks ago and the sales lady was telling people that lte was done and just needed to be turned on. Then as I'm checking out with my tri mode modem she tells me the same thing. I smiled and said "I don't think so" she insisted, so I happy said have a good day and went on my way. Feel sorry for all the people that get the idea its right around the corner. Now I know whay there are so many people screaming where's my lte. Reps are so misinformed. This was the store at university by jason's deli.

I totally agree with what you said, as it happened to me. When the iPhone5 came out in I was shopping around carriers and went to the Sprint store on 41 in Bradenton, where they told me it was already on in Tampa, that they had been working on towers in Bradenton and they would be on by December. I figured no big deal to wait a few months for unlimited and went with Sprint. So far nothing. Come to find out that the truth was that back then LTE was just starting to come on North of us and not much if anything was happening in Bradenton. The people in the Sprint stores are misinforming customers and that's why so many people are upset when there is still no LTE yet in March in Bradenton. Hopefully we'll get it here soon!

Edited by mgeb2000

Sprint never removed your area from any list. Sprint isn't keeping a running list of announcements. Each announcement only names additional cities.

Work is progressing in your area. In fact, I just got word of the first accepted site in the Bradenton area. I will release more details tonight when I get home from my trip. I'm currently driving. But I pulled over to specifically respond to this post.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Thanks. This does give me some glimmer of hope. When I said nothing was in progress, I was referring to the maps here on this site. There is a massive gap of no activity whatsoever between Tampa (or at least St. Pete) and Fort Myers. The Sensorly maps back this up. I do see one site that says in progress north of Bradenton but I'm actually closer to Sarasota... where the map is just blank.

Mike

BTW, I should mention, I've gotten the same "they're just waiting to turn it on" story too! I use the store on Fruitville and Honore and also the one you were talking about: the one next door to Buffalo Wild Wings. The former is the one that told me last August that 4G would be on by December and I believe it's the same one as you (the one near Jason's Deli and Buffalo Wild Wings) that claimed everything had already been upgraded and was ready to be turned on. They told me that when I went in to cancel my contract to go with another carrier: stupid me I believed them and renewed for another 2 years. When questioned about the horrible Sprint cell signal in this area, both of those stores will tell you "your signal will be bad for another month or so: they are upgrading the towers". As far as I can tell by the info on this site, they haven't touched a single tower in this area... at least as far as 4G is concerned.

Mike

The entire market is under deployment. It's not just Ft. Myers/Cape Coral. When permits are in hand and the site is ready to start work, they start. No matter where it is within the SW Florida market. Sponsors will see 3 more sites that were accepted today and yesterday later tonight when I can get in front of a computer.

SW Florida is not the last market. It's not even the last market in Florida. It is always darkest before the dawn. But the evidence is all around you that work has started. Why don't you take a look at the Ericsson NV thread that shows you what to look for and start looking for work at Sprint sites? I bet you'll find a few in each county in SW Florida. And additionally more every week.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I was shown something called "glance" by some sprint higher ups Tuesday and the work in definitely in progress but more in the Bradenton area for now. There's 2 sites that were recently completed but those 2 sites will be 3g only. Zero completed sites in the area as of Tuesday.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The entire market is under deployment. It's not just Ft. Myers/Cape Coral. When permits are in hand and the site is ready to start work, they start. No matter where it is within the SW Florida market. Sponsors will see 3 more sites that were accepted today and yesterday later tonight when I can get in front of a computer.

SW Florida is not the last market. It's not even the last market in Florida. It is always darkest before the dawn. But the evidence is all around you that work has started. Why don't you take a look at the Ericsson NV thread that shows you what to look for and start looking for work at Sprint sites? I bet you'll find a few in each county in SW Florida. And additionally more every week.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I would love to read the Ericsson NV thread. I did a search for it, but can't find. Can someone please link to it?

The tower on Cortez and palma sola is gonna be 3g only and the other 3g only tower that's complete is out east of Lakewood ranch

The one east of Lakewood Ranch is probably the one I'll be on at home. You mean that one will NEVER receive LTE? That likely means I'll never see LTE at my house.

Mike

• Like 1

The one east of Lakewood Ranch is probably the one I'll be on at home. You mean that one will NEVER receive LTE? That likely means I'll never see LTE at my house.

Mike

The word is that the surrounding towers overlap the 3g only towers and you're supposed to get lte. How true that is, I don't know

Mike

There is a thread on S4GRU that has the sites that won't have LTE on them and I didn't see any in SW Florida. I would caution you to verify info recieved from a Sprint rep or member on this site.

Exciting day!! I walked by the tower at work today and look what magically appeared! RRU's!!! I never actually got to see the crew so I don't know if they were installed over the weekend, or really quickly this morning. Either way, I'm super stoked to see some progress. Looks like this is gonna be a GMO site after all. It is a pretty crowded tower with all 4 major carriers on it.

null_zps4f8f996d.jpg

• Like 1

4 RRUs per sector there. Full build but on the ground.

Alpha Beta and Gamma sectors clearly marked.

Sent from my little Note2

Would a site like this get all the nv goodies without the ruu being mounted on the back of the panels? Also did the crew install new panels or used the old ones?

Would a site like this get all the nv goodies without the ruu being mounted on the back of the panels? Also did the crew install new panels or used the old ones?

I think Full Build out does mean new panels.

No NV Panels installed as of today, I think they just went in with RRU's first. The reason I think the RRU's are being installed on the ground at this site is because it looks to be a high capacity site for all 4 major carriers. There are already 5 VERY crowded racks on this tower, I don't really see how they would have been able to fit the RRU's behind the panels.

I'll be sure to snap more pictures when they arrive! ;)

• Like 1