Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

is there a way to know, when lte rolls out in this area, where the coverage will be? i thought that we would have coverage in port charlotte, north port, and venice. i assume that this is going to happen pretty soon and hopefully by may. if i am not going to get sprint 4g here, i might as well check out t-mobile. i understand that if you become a sponsor here of s4gru, you get access to other maps? if there is a way to find out, i will become a sponsor here and check it out.

Thanks for the quick responses and info.

johnboyinfl

is there a way to know, when lte rolls out in this area, where the coverage will be? i thought that we would have coverage in port charlotte, north port, and venice. i assume that this is going to happen pretty soon and hopefully by may. if i am not going to get sprint 4g here, i might as well check out t-mobile. i understand that if you become a sponsor here of s4gru, you get access to other maps? if there is a way to find out, i will become a sponsor here and check it out.

Thanks for the quick responses and info.

johnboyinfl

Here is some info about becoming a sponsor.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

okay.. just became a sponsor :D

looked at the florida area maps. it looks like i have 2 towers near me. one is about 1.7 miles to my west and one is about 1.7 miles to the north. how far will those lte signals travel?

thanks again.

johnboyinfl

OH, HAPPY DAY!

I arrived at work in Bradenton this morning to find sweet, sweet LTE coverage from the corner of 14th St. & W. Cortez Rd. all the way down to about Walmart.

Sorry, can't map, on iOS.

null_zps77cf9b9c.png

• Like 2

OH, HAPPY DAY!

I arrived at work in Bradenton this morning to find sweet, sweet LTE coverage from the corner of 14th St. & W. Cortez Rd. all the way down to about Walmart.

Sorry, can't map, on iOS.

null_zps77cf9b9c.png

That is great news!

So just wanted to share some findings i had today... I went on a 60 mile trip today from port charlotte down to bonita area. Exit 168 to like 111. So on the way down i ran sensory the whole way down and only got lte in a spot right around mile marker 150 something then at marker 119 to 116 non stop. This was from 5 to 615 pm. Then on the way back around 8 pm i basically got lte 95% of the way through mile markers 126 to 142 on i 75. Then from markers 154 all the way to 168 exit in port charlotte. I ran numerous speed tests and got ranges from like 3000 to 34000. Im a little confused how its like they just tuned lte on because the way there and back were totally different results. One other weird thing was when i got off my exit 168 i ran a speed test and got 34000 download and had full bars of lte. then within a second at the same location i was back on 3g full bars.

Cool tool for cpu and Signal Check Pro for signal. Signal Check pro was built by one of the forum members. Well worth the $2 to support the dev. Very simple but useful app.

LTE in Venice and Lural area. I mapped some of it. Should be on sensorly soon.

Lol I actually mapped the same area today and is showing on sensorly already. I got good signal but the data was super slow and was disconnecting alot.

Lol I actually mapped the same area today and is showing on sensorly already. I got good signal but the data was super slow and was disconnecting alot.

LOL I have that new app Signal Check Pro and the notification went off for LTE. At first I was like, what the heck is my phone doing because i am not used to that tone. Low and behold Lte! I turned around at River Road and went back to Jacaranda,I mapped from there and down River Road until i lost signal on the way home. I ran a few speed tests and they were all slow and disconnected a few times. Got 2 down and 1 up on most of them. You must be the one who got those parts on Lural RD. I will map on the way to work in the morning on 75. I work up in Bradenton. Now they just need to get those towers along the interstate turned on that are done in the Sarasota area.

Lol yeah that was me. I wasnt even looking for anything I just happened to be at a gas station on Venice ave and checked my phone and bam lte so I just decided to map it as I went on with my work in the area. I live in the port Charlotte area and it seems like it's finally getting closer to me, i can't wait for some good data speeds.

Awesome news. I am still waiting for coverage in North Port. Living in North Port and working in Sarasota. Looks like we will have LTE all the way. Thanks for mapping this area. Will check out your work on sensorly. :-)

checked out your work on sensorly. excellent.

the tower in north port... off 41... is that is giving us 4g? would it be possible to have someone head through north port on 41 and map it as well?

TIA

Edited by johnboyinfl

Awesome news. I am still waiting for coverage in North Port. Living in North Port and working in Sarasota. Looks like we will have LTE all the way. Thanks for mapping this area. Will check out your work on sensorly. :-)

checked out your work on sensorly. excellent.

the tower in north port... off 41... is that is giving us 4g? would it be possible to have someone head through north port on 41 and map it as well?

TIA

I've mapped right by that north port tower and no luck on 4g yet.