Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Picking up lte here in NE Cape. Phones 4G just lit up cant get a speed test as of yet but will post when I can. I spent the whole day driving from one end of the cape to the other running sensorly and picked up notta.. now tonight looks like things are lighting up!

Picking up lte here in NE Cape. Phones 4G just lit up cant get a speed test as of yet but will post when I can. I spent the whole day driving from one end of the cape to the other running sensorly and picked up notta.. now tonight looks like things are lighting up!

please map

drove up pondella to what i believe is the sprint tower on the right past orange grove. definitely doesn't look like the pictures i've seen on this site so i don't think that is the one. plus i ran speed tests there and was only getting like 5 down when i was getting 30+ near the original ft myers site but i did find lte all up del prado and all down pondella so it should be on sensorly soon

• Like 1

Did some driving around n cape on Santa Barbra up Pine Island then cut across to veterans and didnt get anything this morning. Must be in testing phase. When I got home 4g lit up again and got a 6.3 download 1.2 upload. But then after a little bit it shut back off again.

I was getting 4g again on Gladiolus westbound approaching A&W Bulb Road so I think it must be permanent there. Signal wasn't the strongest and it disappeared when I went north on A&W so the tower must be south of that intersection somewhere.

I have an iphone otherwise I would be assisting in the mapping.

Edited by Blue24

Ok today I mapped from corner of Pine Island and Del Prado, all the way up to 41 via Del Prado ext. Without the Lte discovery app my sg3 would not pick up 4g, however my speeds were horrible!

good to see fort myers and cape coral getting some lte.. Please head up to port Charlotte and north port area asap..

All those spots in the cape, less than a mile away from me and still no lte at home. Hopefully it won't be long for you!

Went on a drive down santa barbara to taco bell and got a total of 42 points of 4g (screen shot was taken before all were discovered) its up on sensorly :)

I worked in that taco bell for 2 years when I was in high school :)

I am curious to know the status of the LTE rollout in the Marco Island-Goodland area. Any towers up and running down there? The reason I ask is I'm moving to the south naples area in May and will be spending a lot of time in Marco and Goodland because that's where my family lives. I'm thinking that if LTE would be last to any area, it would be Marco Island-Goodland.

There is no plan to delay the Sarasota/Bradenton area. They work on each site when it is ready. They are working in the entire SW Florida market as each site is ready. They are not picking and choosing sites. It is what it is. And you will have it before more than 50% of Sprint customers. Including me.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

I was wondering about this. Sprint stores have been selling phones here, telling people LTE would be in Sarasota/Bradenton by last December. Then around November, the words "Sarasota/Bradenton" were removed from all listings of markets getting LTE. If you look at the markets in SW Florida now, "Sarasota/Bradenton" is suspiciously missing. Worse, they started some work here on Sprint towers about last August... made Sprint service in this area nearly unusable (and that's how it remains now 6-7 months later). Not a word since. No updates. And not a tower in this area even "in progress". Makes me wonder still.

Mike