Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I was surprised to pick up 4G in Atlantic Beach near Selva Marina this morning. I mapped it in Sensorly. Ill try and drive around up there later and map out some more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

what tower might that be coming from? FINALLY some love on this side of town!

It looks like there it's a tower just north of Selva. I guess that is the most likely source. They are doing the 26.2 with Donna up there now so a lot of the roads are blocked off. I'll see if I can make it up there later this afternoon and map out out.

Tested speed and got 4 down and 1 up at the entrance to Selva standing outside.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I see that the tower on 295 north of I10 is now active. Looks like someone mapped it already too. You guys are on your A game.

Sent from my EVO LiTE

There are still two sites out toward GA on US 301 that no one has mapped. They've been sitting there for weeks. Don't you guys in JAX spend your weekends out in the Okeefenokee??? :lol:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are still two sites out toward GA on US 301 that no one has mapped. They've been sitting there for weeks. Don't you guys in JAX spend your weekends out in the Okeefenokee??? :lol:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Well, I won't be driving for a few months (legal reasons) maybe I can go out and have one of those romantic cell site dates ;-) . The wife will drive though.

Sent from my EVO LiTE

I see that the tower on 295 north of I10 is now active. Looks like someone mapped it already too. You guys are on your A game.

Sent from my EVO LiTE

I saw the rru's and antennas the other day at that site, the Normandy site looks to be ready to go also....... having continuous LTE on 295 would make alot of ppl happy

I was surprised to pick up 4G in Atlantic Beach near Selva Marina this morning. I mapped it in Sensorly. Ill try and drive around up there later and map out some more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This gives me hope for Arlington and the Beaches!

I believe someone already mapped it on sensorly.

Sent from my EVO LiTE

Only a small part is mapped on sensorly. I was up as far as the main gate and had LTE. Didn't take long going down wonderwood before it cut out however.

Had LTE while leaving Navy Mayport. It disappeared before I could run speedtest but I was driving west on wonderwood.

I picked that up as well going east on wonderwood. After i came over the bridge, no more 4G. I will try to map on sensorly this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

just outside the front gate of Mayport:

post-8156-0-81109600-1361397260_thumb.png

sitting in the parking lot of the Navy Exchange:

post-8156-0-95437600-1361397281_thumb.png

upload was a bit jumpy maybe. really strong around the navy exchange but by the time I got to wonderwood/A1A it was gone.

are these download speeds pretty average for LTE?

just outside the front gate of Mayport:

2013-02-20 16.01.19.png

sitting in the parking lot of the Navy Exchange:

2013-02-20 16.03.58.png

upload was a bit jumpy maybe. really strong around the navy exchange but by the time I got to wonderwood/A1A it was gone.

are these download speeds pretty average for LTE?

There is no average for LTE, in general. Because LTE performance is directly tied to signal strength. With a very strong signal, it can be in the 30's DL. With a very weak signal, it can be 1-2Mbps. Everything else is somewhere in between.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Finally Atlantic Beach is getting some love.u5u8anyp.jpg

At Plaza and May port Road. Mapped it on Sensorly. I got 4G on May port Road from A1A to Atlantic Blvd. On Atlantic Blvd from Florida Ave to San Pablo was all 4G as well, but it returned to 4G after San Pablo going west.

• Like 1

Saw some work being done downtown. Tower near the interstate. Not sure if it's a sprint site but I checked the Florida map in the sponsor section that shows all the towers in the Jax market and there is a site a in that area.

Sent from my EVO LiTE