Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I mapped out some additional 4LTE love on the Northside. New Berlin to Cedar Point.

Let's hope there are plans to light up Bayard near the hospital. 3G is brutal.

On a side note....installed CM10 on my Galaxy S3 this week. I find myself toggling airplane mode at work just to get my 3G back. I had to do the same on New Berlin. Once I got 4LTE on New Berlin, the SG3 handled it fine and the handoff from 4LTE to 3G was seamless.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone Im brand new to this forum. I just have one question.

Has anyone been to or close to Nas Jax and gotten an lte signal. I want to make sure I can get a signal there before I commit to switching to sprint.

You can go to Sensorly.com and see where people have gotten signal. Welcome!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

i know that sensorly isnt the be all to wireless signals. If u havent been there thats fine. My question was directed to people that have been there or around there.

i know that sensorly isnt the be all to wireless signals. If u havent been there thats fine. My question was directed to people that have been there or around there.

I've personally had signal on 295 across the buckman bridge near the Roosevelt exit but I haven't been near the base. Most users here uses sensorly and map their trips. Maybe someone in that area will confirm that it is or isn't service in that area.

Sent from my EVO LiTE

No LTE on NAS Jax. Not sure when or if that will happen. I have LTE near me in Orange Park but still not at my house. The wait for LTE in both locations continues for me.

It's a question of when, not if. And we don't have the answer for the when.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Hello everyone Im brand new to this forum. I just have one question.

Has anyone been to or close to Nas Jax and gotten an lte signal. I want to make sure I can get a signal there before I commit to switching to sprint.

from personal experience both Sprint and T-Mobile are basically worthless while on NAS Jax, particularly as you approach the eastern side. Verizon might be your best bet for NAS Jax service.

from personal experience both Sprint and T-Mobile are basically worthless while on NAS Jax, particularly as you approach the eastern side. Verizon might be your best bet for NAS Jax service.

Service at Nas Jax is bad for all carriers. It just depends where you are at the time. Every carrier has their places where their service is dismal on the base.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I think we're getting there on Atlantic & Keenan. I used to get horrible 3g maybe 200kb average at best, but since yesterday it has been a lit better around 1mb ...3g with a 1.6 MB sitting on the couch....hopefully lte will be here soon

I think we're getting there on Atlantic & Keenan. I used to get horrible 3g maybe 200kb average at best, but since yesterday it has been a lit better around 1mb ...3g with a 1.6 MB sitting on the couch....hopefully lte will be here soon

I just got 1.8mb down and .82 up and I'm near the northern end of Kernan. I haven't seen anyone work on the tower up here so I expect these are just normal speeds for off-peak hours :-(

Well it is weird cause it was good speed all day... and right noe it is cloudy like he'll and again still almost 1mb. I mean last week I wouldvwait for pages to load (and got time outs) any time of the day...yesterday I downloaded over 1 gig while trying different 4...jelly bean and ics on my old evo 4g (it's gonna be my dedicated garage mp3/radio player)

Well the real test is attempt the speed test again at about 530-6pm tonight and see what happens.

Usually it'll just time out or get .01 download and upload speeds, basically useless. I'll try it again as well during that time frame.

Right on my couch...low end speeds seem to be at 300kb -500k.. I'm in Sutton lakes complex, up from Keenan on Atlantic, across CarMax......sorry I'm too excited but... ever since I got the phone I had 0 to 150kb with an average of 50kb

Well up here at the top end of Kernan I just pulled 1.04 down and .22 up with a ping of 132.

Better than normal for sure. Websites are loading, google maps actually works. I still haven't seen anyone work on this tower though.

Okay...my frustration is at an all-time high. I work downtown and I used to be able to stream music, but for the past few weeks, I have not been able to with a consistent connection. I have contacted Sprint 4 times about this, but to no avail. The first two times, there supposedly was some kind of outtage that was supposed to be fixed last Friday. I contacted them twice today and the first time, the network provisioning didn't go through and the 2nd time, the tech had me update the profile (my PRL wouldn't update). Pandora worked for 5 minutes. Then I switched to Amazon Cloud Player and it worked for 5 minutes than became unusable (every 10-20 seconds it was buffering) and it's driving me batty.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Okay...my frustration is at an all-time high. I work downtown and I used to be able to stream music, but for the past few weeks, I have not been able to with a consistent connection. I have contacted Sprint 4 times about this, but to no avail. The first two times, there supposedly was some kind of outtage that was supposed to be fixed last Friday. I contacted them twice today and the first time, the network provisioning didn't go through and the 2nd time, the tech had me update the profile (my PRL wouldn't update). Pandora worked for 5 minutes. Then I switched to Amazon Cloud Player and it worked for 5 minutes than became unusable (every 10-20 seconds it was buffering) and it's driving me batty.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe the towers have been getting hit harder in that area lately.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Well up here at the top end of Kernan I just pulled 1.04 down and .22 up with a ping of 132.

Better than normal for sure. Websites are loading, google maps actually works. I still haven't seen anyone work on this tower though.

Well it must just be the particular tower I'm on, because down at Atlantic/Kernan at about 6pm data was absolutely useless. Websites wouldn't load, speedtest timed out. After attempting speedtest about 13-14 times it finally ran and did around 600ms ping time with a 0.01 download and 0.0 download. Which is pretty much normal for Sprint at rush hour.

Judging by apparent signal strength on my phone and locations of Sprint towers I'd wager I'm on a different tower than here at home where I pulled half way decent 3G yesterday at the same time.

Maybe the towers have been getting hit harder in that area lately.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Probably. The tech said something about one of the towers around here "wasn't 100%." I don't know what that means though. I gather that whatever they are doing around here isn't 100% completed or repaired. At least, that's what I hope.