Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

GMO and GMR sites can have fiber. In my city we have 2 GMR sites but I have yet to ever see a GMO anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Whats a GMR ?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Long time no see. How you been?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Been good man, how are you guys?

I've been lurking, just haven't posted anything in a while. Waiting on Sprint to finally start adding capacity in Jax. Soon[emoji769]

• Like 2

Waiting on capacity and waiting on new devices. Looks like innovation has hit a wall in smart phones.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm happy with my iPhone 6s Plus and my wife's iPhone 6 Plus.

I need to sell my LG G3, but it has a cracked screen.

Anyway, yeah........ MOAR LITES! ;)

• Like 1

My site is also a stealth site so that compounds it even more

Typically ground mounted radios lets the carrier re-use the original panels, so GMO towers don't have the added benefits of the new panel equipment.  It's cheaper and in many cases easier to get up and running.  But they can still be fed any source of backhaul.  EvDo I believe is fed by ethernet backhaul.

Typically ground mounted radios lets the carrier re-use the original panels, so GMO towers don't have the added benefits of the new panel equipment. It's cheaper and in many cases easier to get up and running. But they can still be fed any source of backhaul. EvDo I believe is fed by ethernet backhaul.

Hmm so no 800 voice ?

Been good man, how are you guys?

I've been lurking, just haven't posted anything in a while. Waiting on Sprint to finally start adding capacity in Jax. Soon[emoji769]

You as well see that Sprint needs capacity here?  I don't believe the median RootMetrics speeds for this market for a second!

Hmm so no 800 voice ?

Lower frequencies require larger panels since it needs to broadcast different wavelengths.  This is why you see most of Verizon/AT&T panels being huge.  So yes, no 800 voice for that site unless new panels are added that support it.

You as well see that Sprint needs capacity here? I don't believe the median RootMetrics speeds for this market for a second!

I haven't been keeping up with the root metrics scores. What are they now for Jax?

I'm not having terrible data issues here, just that speeds seemed to have slowed considerably and B41 deployment has halted.

Lower frequencies require larger panels since it needs to broadcast different wavelengths. This is why you see most of Verizon/AT&T panels being huge. So yes, no 800 voice for that site unless new panels are added that support it.

Okay I understand what you're saying now I will have to call Crown towers and see what the deal is with that Tower its co located though that's the thing

I haven't been keeping up with the root metrics scores. What are they now for Jax?

I'm not having terrible data issues here, just that speeds seemed to have slowed considerably and B41 deployment has halted.

It says 8.3mbps for median speeds on the download for Jacksonville, but this was about 6 months ago.  The 1H 2016 should be posted any day now.

It says 8.3mbps for median speeds on the download for Jacksonville, but this was about 6 months ago. The 1H 2016 should be posted any day now.

It will be interesting to see what happens

I just checked local permits. Looks like a ton of AT&T and Verizon b66 will be active in Jax soon.

I've been seeing a lot of AT&T work going on. I haven't seen any band 30 on my iPhone yet. In fact I don't know if the iPhone 6 supports band 30.

I've been seeing a lot of AT&T work going on. I haven't seen any band 30 on my iPhone yet. In fact I don't know if the iPhone 6 supports band 30.

I believe the iPhone 6 supports band 30