Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

One more thing I wanted to add, I was at my cousin's house yesterday for dinner and I brought my trusty Moto G 3rd gen with me with an unactivated Tmo sim card (you can still do speedtests/root metrics tests on an unactivated sim), so I studied Sprint/T-Mobile's coverage the entire drive over from St Johns Cty to Starke, FL.  Sprint was better along the way.  And Sprint actually had signal inside my cousin's house!  T-Mobile had nothing, not even outside!  Sprint's was B26 upstairs, EvDo downstairs.  Totally usable, albeit it was slow on 3G.  I was impressed though.  Of course, if I posted this on any other forum, people would suggest I get a B12 phone or use WiFi calling, but that's not the point.  What if the home internet is out?  It's just always good to have a backup just in case.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

So, any findings recently in Jacksonville market?  It's too quiet.  I was told by a Sprint rep that the legacy site over by Lowes (off 295 and Old St Augustine Rd) would be upgraded to LTE by February.  I haven't been by there lately, though.

• Like 1

So, any findings recently in Jacksonville market? It's too quiet. I was told by a Sprint rep that the legacy site over by Lowes (off 295 and Old St Augustine Rd) would be upgraded to LTE by February. I haven't been by there lately, though.

I haven't seen any activity out of any of the carriers last month. Sprint iPhone's were having issues making and receiving calls for a few hours this morning.

I haven't seen any activity out of any of the carriers last month. Sprint iPhone's were having issues making and receiving calls for a few hours this morning.

This morning?!? This is an everyday issue now. It is terrible. I've done everything I can do (I.e. Updates) on all of my iPhone's and it is still a huge issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

One more thing I wanted to add, I was at my cousin's house yesterday for dinner and I brought my trusty Moto G 3rd gen with me with an unactivated Tmo sim card (you can still do speedtests/root metrics tests on an unactivated sim), so I studied Sprint/T-Mobile's coverage the entire drive over from St Johns Cty to Starke, FL. Sprint was better along the way. And Sprint actually had signal inside my cousin's house! T-Mobile had nothing, not even outside! Sprint's was B26 upstairs, EvDo downstairs. Totally usable, albeit it was slow on 3G. I was impressed though. Of course, if I posted this on any other forum, people would suggest I get a B12 phone or use WiFi calling, but that's not the point. What if the home internet is out? It's just always good to have a backup just in case.

I noticed Sprint has more rural coverage than T-Mobile in most cases even with band 12 but T-Mobile is far more reliable when they do have coverage at least for data. It probably doesn't help that T-Mobile has no 700mhz north of Ocala. Once you leave marion county your band 4 bound and that doesn't help coverage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This morning?!? This is an everyday issue now. It is terrible. I've done everything I can do (I.e. Updates) on all of my iPhone's and it is still a huge issue.

Is this a iphone only issue?

So, any findings recently in Jacksonville market? It's too quiet. I was told by a Sprint rep that the legacy site over by Lowes (off 295 and Old St Augustine Rd) would be upgraded to LTE by February. I haven't been by there lately, though.

Sprint has been quiet everywhere in north Florida. I did find a new band 41 site that was not there a month ago. Its the second of 4 sites in the villages to get upgraded. The villages didn't need it as bad a Gville and Ocala does though. There speed and reliability was already great. Also helps that Sprint is at the top of all 4 towers which is rare. Around here about half of the sites Sprint is on the very bottom.

• Like 1

Is this a iphone only issue?

No idea. Seems like it is. All of my lines are iPhones now, so I can't be sure. It is like the iPhone isn't pinging the network to check for calls and when a call comes through, it just rings and rings on the callers end until VM picks up, while the iPhone you're calling never once rings. This happens on just about every call. I have to call my wife 5-10times to get through to her and vise-versa.

No idea. Seems like it is. All of my lines are iPhones now, so I can't be sure. It is like the iPhone isn't pinging the network to check for calls and when a call comes through, it just rings and rings on the callers end until VM picks up, while the iPhone you're calling never once rings. This happens on just about every call. I have to call my wife 5-10times to get through to her and vise-versa.

It it the same for wifi calling?

Wifi calling is totally unreliable. I'm even using Sprint's ASUS A/C router (which is a great router, btw).

I wonder whats happening there? I noticed north Florida feels almost ignored by Sprint even if there are issues. They might have too much on there plate. How is Tmobile in the area?

I wonder whats happening there? I noticed north Florida feels almost ignored by Sprint even if there are issues. They might have too much on there plate. How is Tmobile in the area?

Not sure what's going on. Sprint was really good after NV1.0 was mostly completed in Jax, then about 3 months ago went to total shit. Clear B41 is totally overloaded and calls are totally unreliable. If you can catch some Sprint B41, it is fast, especially with CA.

Do we still have a High-Level Sprint contact that we can contact on S4GRU? Anybody that you guys know? I've called and submitted countless tickets and never get a response and the issue continues to get worse.

Not sure what's going on. Sprint was really good after NV1.0 was mostly completed in Jax, then about 3 months ago went to total shit. Clear B41 is totally overloaded and calls are totally unreliable. If you can catch some Sprint B41, it is fast, especially with CA.

Do we still have a High-Level Sprint contact that we can contact on S4GRU? Anybody that you guys know? I've called and submitted countless tickets and never get a response and the issue continues to get worse.

I don't have it. I would maybe tweet Marcelo about it. Eventually you might have to consider other carriers as much as it sucks if they keep ignoring the issue. Or activate tmobile since you have apple sim and suspend your Sprint account for 3 months just til it passes.

I never had issues with calls, but data all around my (St Johns area) is flaky.  Sub 1mbps on Sprint's LTE occurred way too often.  In the mean time, I've switched over to T-Mobile (who happens to have a very appealing unl family plan at the moment.)  If you live within the city, I'd recommend them.  In those same spots, T-Mobile tends to average 80-100x the speeds of Sprint.  Mainly around the Avenues Mall is a big area I frequent.  I wonder if Sprint's going to convert the Wimax site in the Walmart parking lot soon.

I don't have it. I would maybe tweet Marcelo about it. Eventually you might have to consider other carriers as much as it sucks if they keep ignoring the issue. Or activate tmobile since you have apple sim and suspend your Sprint account for 3 months just til it passes.

If I go anywhere, it'll probably be Verizon, TBH. I travel a lot and need all I can get, coverage-wise. I'd rather not leave Sprint. They were headed in the right direction for a spell.

• Like 2

I never had issues with calls, but data all around my (St Johns area) is flaky. Sub 1mbps on Sprint's LTE occurred way too often. In the mean time, I've switched over to T-Mobile (who happens to have a very appealing unl family plan at the moment.) If you live within the city, I'd recommend them. In those same spots, T-Mobile tends to average 80-100x the speeds of Sprint. Mainly around the Avenues Mall is a big area I frequent. I wonder if Sprint's going to convert the Wimax site in the Walmart parking lot soon.

You're on an Android handset, yes?

You're on an Android handset, yes?

Yeah, I exclusively run Android but my brother has an iPhone 6s on Sprint.  He has no issues with phone calls.  Of course, he rarely leaves south Jacksonville.

Yeah, I exclusively run Android but my brother has an iPhone 6s on Sprint. He has no issues with phone calls. Of course, he rarely leaves south Jacksonville.

Weird. My issues and my wife's issue are city wide. Both phones can't be broke. She has the 6+ and I'm now on a 6s+.

Tweet Marci, she will get someone from networks to call you. If not, pm me I'll get you her contacts.

Marci is part of Marcelo's Executive team. She deals with the customer support side of things. From what I've seen, she's pretty good at resolving problems.

Can i get her information? Im dealing with network issues and the engineers havent foxed it. Ive been calling for the last 4 weeks with zero resolution.

Can i get her information? Im dealing with network issues and the engineers havent foxed it. Ive been calling for the last 4 weeks with zero resolution.

Marci@sprint.com

Include lots of information, including cascade ID, engineering mode screenshots, and signal check screenshots. I've done this several times and always gotten favorable resolution and communication from engineers.

• Like 3

Marci@sprint.com

Include lots of information, including cascade ID, engineering mode screenshots, and signal check screenshots. I've done this several times and always gotten favorable resolution and communication from engineers.

Thank you. I will send Marci everything I have and be extremely thorough with my issues.