Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I have never had a problem on 1x800 with my Note 2. I have never updated the firmware on it since I got it. It still has the October 31, 2012 L900VPALJC. Could this be why I don't have a problem? Just curious, as I am currently using the 512 PRL.

what market are you in?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I don't think it is a Shentel issue. Yesterday while on smr (confirmed via engineering screens) I was talking with my wife with a strong -85 to -89 signal strength. After about a minute, I started getting odd audio. She could hear me fine, but I couldn't hear her. Half of every third word from her would come out, but she heard everything I said.

I don't get into SMR areas to test too often, but I had to airplane mode then picked up a regular PCS carrier and called my wife fine.

Galaxy S3 update to 4.3 has been pulled, speculation is that this will delay the Note 2 upgrade as well.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/11/12/galaxy-s3-android-4-3-update-pulled-note-2-delayed/

Crap like this pushes me back to CM/AOSP ROMs to stay up to date.  Can't wait for my financial situation to even out (just built a house) so I can jump to a Nexus 5.

• Like 1

And then Samsung locks down the leaks of the software before release.  Maybe they need a Motorola soak program.

Samsung locked down their leaks a long time ago after the Galaxy S2/Super brick fiasco.  I'd love a soak program that users could sign up for, but that is highly unlikely.

Galaxy S3 update to 4.3 has been pulled, speculation is that this will delay the Note 2 upgrade as well.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/11/12/galaxy-s3-android-4-3-update-pulled-note-2-delayed/

Crap like this pushes me back to CM/AOSP ROMs to stay up to date.  Can't wait for my financial situation to even out (just built a house) so I can jump to a Nexus 5.

Perhaps Santa will have something extra in your stocking this year.

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/19/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-gt-n7100-receives-official-android-4-3-jelly-bean-update/

Note II update is rolling out for the international version.  Apparently has a nice speed increase!

I was very surprised to see that on Twitter this morning.  After the GS3 debacle, I didn't think we'd see an update for quite awhile.

CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE

- GALAXY GEAR Support

- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)

- Samsung KNOX

- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)

- Better RAM management

- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)

- New Samsung Keyboard

- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)

- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message

- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo

- Daydream

- Driving mode

- Actionable notifications

- Move-to-SD-card feature

- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot

- New Additions in Notification Centre

- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)

- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)

- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music

- Full screen Samsung apps

- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)

Looks like it is out... http://tinyurl.com/kg345qq

L900VPAMK4 11/20/2013

• HD Voice enhancements
  • Samsung KNOX secure environment compatibility
  • Galaxy Gear compatibility
  • Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update

Mehh...KNOX...

Not looking for an exact eta, but are you going to attempt to update your rom digi?

• Like 1

Not looking for an exact eta, but are you going to attempt to update your rom digi?

Hopefully someone can snag the update.zip from their cache. I defrosted my system update and Sprint DM services so I could get the update downloaded if my ID gets picked.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3297-digiblur-ROM-2013.06.02-[Note2]-[MC2]&do=findComment&comment=242105

Curious too when someone gets the update what PRL version Sprint assigns to that ROM. Hopefully we are away from the special non-800 PRLs, meaning Sprint doesn't see any more issues on 800 on the Note II.

PRLs are assigned by device and account type not by software or baseband version. So if they did fix the 800 issue that a few people have then they would have to wait until the rollout is complete and then a longer period to make sure everyone has it downloaded.

PRLs are assigned by device and account type not by software or baseband version. So if they did fix the 800 issue that a few people have then they would have to wait until the rollout is complete and then a longer period to make sure everyone has it downloaded.

Yikes.  I guess we should hold off flashing then because we won't know if the PRL write fix works after flashing if it takes a while for regular PRLs to be received OTA again.

Yikes.  I guess we should hold off flashing then because we won't know if the PRL write fix works after flashing if it takes a while for regular PRLs to be received OTA again.

I never had the issue of 1x800 not working on my device (except when Ericsson messed up and had it broken for a week before they pulled it) so I just write my own PRL.  I have the Sprint DM service and System update services frozen so it doesn't change.

Also be careful going to stock and updating, knox is in this update. Once you try to install a custom boatloader you will trip Knox.

I bought my phone when it was first released (October 2012), so I assume the warranty is up... so it don't matter to me. :P

• Like 3