Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

Anybody know what's going on in Wichita? No LTE since last night around 7pm. Multiple phones multiple areas.

I am in the Myrtle Beach market and had the same thing happen. LTE service is gone on my n5 as of last night to present. My s4 picked it up this morning bit no luck on the other phone. Just saw your comment and wanted to share my concurrence.

• Like 1

I experienced no LTE last night in stl area between approx 830p to 130ish am central.

everything seems to be working normally today for now.

Interesting. Its back now but just as bad as ever. With a -103 band 26 signal I get 1Mb down. I don't understand.

What device are you using?

I haven't been to Wichita in a while, but I would have expected better coverage.

What part of town are you in?

Its pretty bad. I have a g2 so I know that's part of the problem. North of Kellogg around maize, Tyler, Ridge. There's a few areas on the west side that have good service but not like I expected with 800. Just waiting on some more tweaking.

Its pretty bad. I have a g2 so I know that's part of the problem. North of Kellogg around maize, Tyler, Ridge. There's a few areas on the west side that have good service but not like I expected with 800. Just waiting on some more tweaking.

LG G2? That should get you some decent results.

• Like 1

The Nexus 5 is doing both band 26 and band 41 at Sporting Park tonight. Interesting.

AJ

• Like 2

Just had a -72 band 26 signal and got 1.44Mb down. Is that a capacity or back haul or issue with something else?

Sounds like there's enough people on Band 26 to saturate the signal already. Sprint is moving forward with deploying a Second PCS LTE carrier this fall, and Band 41 (Spark) should be coming to Wichita this fall as well. Hopefully that will help.

Sounds like there's enough people on Band 26 to saturate the signal already. Sprint is moving forward with deploying a Second PCS LTE carrier this fall, and Band 41 (Spark) should be coming to Wichita this fall as well. Hopefully that will help.

. It could also be interference. Especially if they weren't turned up at the right power level.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was in Sedalia and Warrensburg over the weekend. What is taking so long for Warrensburg to launch LTE?

The site in Warrensburg hasn't been upgraded yet. It's lacking any NV equipment at all. Pretty much the last site in the market with that state. It's unknown why, but it would seem that Sprint and it's contractors hit some sort of barrier when it came to upgrades. Not sure if it's the city, or engineering issues.

The site in Warrensburg hasn't been upgraded yet. It's lacking any NV equipment at all. Pretty much the last site in the market with that state. It's unknown why, but it would seem that Sprint and it's contractors hit some sort of barrier when it came to upgrades. Not sure if it's the city, or engineering issues.

Thats weird. At least signal at the state fair in Sedalia was decent enough even with the larger crowd on Saturday. The only thing i did notice is i kept being kicked to 3g. The only thing i can think of is maybe i was picking up a distant B26 signal that wasn't eCSFB enabled or could it have been that so many people were on one tower.

Thats weird. At least signal at the state fair in Sedalia was decent enough even with the larger crowd on Saturday. The only thing i did notice is i kept being kicked to 3g. The only thing i can think of is maybe i was picking up a distant B26 signal that wasn't eCSFB enabled or could it have been that so many people were on one tower.

All the sites are eCSFB. The Kansas market was pretty much fully covered with B26 before it started rolling out in the Missouri market. The areas around Sedalia were the first in the Kansas market upgraded.

It was likely the crowds. 

All the sites are eCSFB. The Kansas market was pretty much fully covered with B26 before it started rolling out in the Missouri market. The areas around Sedalia were the first in the Kansas market upgraded.

It was likely the crowds.

It was weird because it happened both days and did stay connected the first day for a while and speeds were great on B25 around 10 down and 3 up. The second day when I stayed connected speeds were around 3 down and less than 1 up with a high ping. I don't understand why I was being pushed to 3g the first day when speeds were excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the Kansas Sponsor thread, hoping to get some looks here too.

Looking for some opinions or suggestions.

My mom is having an absolute horrible time with dropped calls.

Device: LG G3

Location: about 1 mile north of Bolivar, MO 65613; intersection of 83 & Sha Ree.

I instructed her to turn on wifi calling, but the dropped calls continue. Keep in mind that I'm not there to walk her through the wifi calling setup and cannot verify if she has done it correctly.

I don't know how to locate her tower and what the tower is equipped with to see if it's a tower issue or a device issue.

She has been steadfast in calling Sprint to report the issue but she's getting the same response. We'll check and call back 48-72 hours.

Appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can provide.

I posted this in the Kansas Sponsor thread, hoping to get some looks here too.

Looking for some opinions or suggestions.

My mom is having an absolute horrible time with dropped calls.

Device: LG G3

Location: about 1 mile north of Bolivar, MO 65613; intersection of 83 & Sha Ree.

I instructed her to turn on wifi calling, but the dropped calls continue. Keep in mind that I'm not there to walk her through the wifi calling setup and cannot verify if she has done it correctly.

I don't know how to locate her tower and what the tower is equipped with to see if it's a tower issue or a device issue.

She has been steadfast in calling Sprint to report the issue but she's getting the same response. We'll check and call back 48-72 hours.

Appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can provide.

Well if I find her area right, she is in a fair coverage area, with the new NV equipment, which all towers around her have, should preform better than that. If she's sure her wi-fi calling is off, then call Sprint and make sure you get a ticket number so you make sure they have reported the issue and you can follow up. 

Also she have signal check installed so you can see if she's on 1x800 or 1x1900??

Rickie

• Like 1

Well if I find her area right, she is in a fair coverage area, with the new NV equipment, which all towers around her have, should preform better than that. If she's sure her wi-fi calling is off, then call Sprint and make sure you get a ticket number so you make sure they have reported the issue and you can follow up. 

Also she have signal check installed so you can see if she's on 1x800 or 1x1900??

Rickie

Rickie,

Interesting, so Sprint has upgraded equipment in the area?

I'll have her install signal check and report back.

Thanks for responding.  I appreciate your time and help.

Rickie,

Interesting, so Sprint has upgraded equipment in the area?

I'll have her install signal check and report back.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate your time and help.

Since you are a premier member, check out the nv sites complete map under the interactive map area. Can see what's been done near her.

Rickie

Rickie

sent on my LG G2

• Like 1

Since you are a premier member, check out the nv sites complete map under the interactive map area. Can see what's been done near her.

Rickie

Rickie

sent on my LG G2

Weird, if I'm looking at the correct NV map (Premier Sponsors KS NV thread) then Bolivar has no NV upgraded towers.

I'm trying to talk her through installing SCP.

After that we'll have a call and get some numbers.

Weird, if I'm looking at the correct NV map (Premier Sponsors KS NV thread) then Bolivar has no NV upgraded towers.

I'm trying to talk her through installing SCP.

After that we'll have a call and get some numbers.

Bolivar is in the Missouri market.

Try this map: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete-maps/

Or this map: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4484-missouri-market-nv-map/

• Like 2