Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

Hey there! I'm near the K7 & Prairie Star Parkway aka 95th Street and I am not seeing the B41 yet but I have noticed my B25 signal went from full bars to about 50% and sometimes almost no bars. I am getting a 04D GCI off of Signalcheck app. Let me know and I can help you get some readings.

Hey there! I'm near the K7 & Prairie Star Parkway aka 95th Street and I am not seeing the B41 yet but I have noticed my B25 signal went from full bars to about 50% and sometimes almost no bars. I am getting a 04D GCI off of Signalcheck app. Let me know and I can help you get some readings.

04D would indicate 8T8R B41, take this over to http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5585-kansas-nv-20-map-and-spreadsheet/page-6 (premier thread) and we can do some more investigating! 

Sprint said they got 1 site done. Is Nokia keeping them from turning it on? It's pretty much right in the middle of the city.

Nokia does not have the equipment for sprint. What equipment they produce and ship over is going to the highest priority sites.

Gotcha, thanks, is that the same issue for the Western Iowa market then?

No. Samsung is going full steam.

Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent are affected the most by equipment shortages. Nokia is the worst affected if the two.

Is backhaul the hold up for deploying band 41 in Wichita? If not what could be the hold up? Sprint is saying it's going to be another 3-6 months before it gets there.

Not 3-6 months. Sites are already being installed. However it will be a slow process, in part due to the shortages Tim mentioned. However, we already know of at least 2 sites that are installed. More are scheduled to be installed shortly. 

Now, it may take 3-6 months for them to officially announce Wichita as a Spark market, but that doesn't mean you won't see any B41 at all. You should be seeing it very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was down at the arvest bank theater last night/this morning for a concert and Sprint held up to the ~5k people inside pretty well. Videos wouldn't upload, but pictures would. Basically anything that needed downlink worked though and as soon as I hit the street again everything had sent/uploaded before I could get mg phone out of my pocket to make a call.

Well this makes me very happy! Just happened to open LTE discovery and found this. Can't wait for this to hit the rest of Wichita.

Let us know if you find any more sites online!

Wasn't I just telling someone a couple weeks ago Spark wasn't that far off for Wichita...? Hm.

• Like 2

2f2b1790fdcee8b1aa7c5736baca495e.jpg

This wasn't online a month or so ago, so I'm assuming its new. Fills in a nice gap where I used to have trouble keeping a very fringe b25 signal or crappy 3g. Also this just popped up as I was typing this. Haven't seen b26 out here either yet. 10c73c2470112db3823ea59036568505.jpg

For HD voice, are you guys seeing both 1900 and 800 being used? In doors here is what I get, and the voice quality isn't that good. Wonder if trying to switch to 800 would give better sound quality / reception on the nexus 5?

post-13073-0-92605400-1419098977_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

For HD voice, are you guys seeing both 1900 and 800 being used? In doors here is what I get, and the voice quality isn't that good. Wonder if trying to switch to 800 would give better sound quality / reception on the nexus 5?

HD voice is deployed on both 1900 and 800. However, it is very dependant on the connection you have, and who you are calling. The problem may not be on your end, it's hard to tell.

Picking up some band 41 in Wichita. Saw a whopping 9 down a few times. Easy sprint. What's the easiest way to report dead spots and does it make a difference?

The Sprint zone app allows you to report issues. You can also call support and try to get a ticket opened. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Often depends on who you get on the support call.

9 down isn't terrible. It will get better as more sites are online. Only 5 or 6 are broadcasting at this point, which are likely swamped by the number of Spark devices in range. What device do you have? Your profile still says EVO LTE. 

Yeah not bad but I ran a speed test on my T-Mobile nexus 7 waiting at sonic and got 60 down while my sprint phone had no LTE. So thats what i have to compare it to. I just want them to be able to compete. I have an LG G2.

30-50 down was common earlier this week in Kansas City, which has more Spark sites online than Wichita, so it will get there. Just will take a little more time. Nokia has ramped up equipment production, so the shortage that we were dealing with last year shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Yeah not bad but I ran a speed test on my T-Mobile nexus 7 waiting at sonic and got 60 down while my sprint phone had no LTE. So thats what i have to compare it to. I just want them to be able to compete. I have an LG G2.

This was near the Speedway on Tuesday.

2015-01-07%2003.17.19.png

The same entity that deployed T-mobiles fearsome and well engineered network in your region and across many regions in the US is now ramping up production for Sprint with deployment now being accelerated as component shortages are not an issue anymore. 

If you need the 60 mbps speed tests right now then by all means t-mobile is the one for you and no one would fault you as Sprint is playing catch up network wise.