Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

lol yea. realistic to compare that map to sprints. obviously you have no clue abt the area, its traffic, or coverage. use ur semantics however you like. doesnt change the facts.

Obviously, you do not know me.  I live in Kansas, am a geographer, and have spent ample time in Wichita.  I know the area quite well.

Additionally, my Sensorly map example perfectly illustrates a problem with your "logic."

So, keep digging yourself a hole...

AJ

@dkoelwer abusive behavior? thats quite the escalation. next I will have e-killed someone.

in that thread I was just being "direct." ;)

if you guys dont want to acknowledge that something is wrong with ur info in this instance, fine.

you guys say its covered. I say it isnt. sensorly says it isnt. and ive physically been there. those are the facts.

@dkoelwer abusive behavior? thats quite the escalation. next I will have e-killed someone.

in that thread I was just being "direct." ;)

if you guys dont want to acknowledge that something is wrong with ur info in this instance, fine.

you guys say its covered. I say it isnt. sensorly says it isnt. and ive physically been there. those are the facts.

Sensorly is not the be all end all. If your home was not mapped on Sensorly, but you had LTE at home, by your logic the phone would be incorrect, which you know it isn't.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I enjoy great coverage in the eastern Kansas City suburbs. My mom lives about 30 miles north of Springfield. She currently uses the HTC Evo4GLTE and I'm stunned she gets 3G as well as she does.

Anyway... we're considering switching from our ED1500 plan to the Framily. I've discussed the subsidy consideration of the Framily plan with mom and suggested a Nexus 5 should cover her (small) data needs. She is on board with this.

Would it be safe to expect that her data speeds would at least not drop any further with the Nexus 5? I'm certain she would'nt get LTE in Bolivar, (you should see her face light up when she visits up here and sees 4G on her Evo) but would the N5 be a solid performer even in this rural area?

Thank you

My wife and I enjoy great coverage in the eastern Kansas City suburbs. My mom lives about 30 miles north of Springfield. She currently uses the HTC Evo4GLTE and I'm stunned she gets 3G as well as she does.

Anyway... we're considering switching from our ED1500 plan to the Framily. I've discussed the subsidy consideration of the Framily plan with mom and suggested a Nexus 5 should cover her (small) data needs. She is on board with this.

Would it be safe to expect that her data speeds would at least not drop any further with the Nexus 5? I'm certain she would'nt get LTE in Bolivar, (you should see her face light up when she visits up here and sees 4G on her Evo) but would the N5 be a solid performer even in this rural area?

Thank you

I drive through Bolivar at least a couple times a month going between Springfield and Lenexa. I have an N5, and 3G works great going through Bolivar. If she gets signal now, she'll have an even better signal with the N5. It's the best RF performing on the network right now. 

And LTE in Bolivar might not be that far away.... ;)

Unfortunately I can't say much more than that outside of the sponsor forums. 

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed 800 has been on the last couple of days in the KC area?  I'm staying on it all day downtown.  For the first time ever, my phone rang in the elevator at work, i was able to answer and not drop a the call while going driving out of the cement underground parking garage.  That has never happened.  The in building coverage is dramatically improved.  I hope it's on for good.

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed 800 has been on the last couple of days in the KC area? I'm staying on it all day downtown. For the first time ever, my phone rang in the elevator at work, i was able to answer and not drop a the call while going driving out of the cement underground parking garage. That has never happened. The in building coverage is dramatically improved. I hope it's on for good.

Very cool.

Since I have a tri-band device, I don't see a 1x signal unless I'm on a call (which isn't very often) since I get LTE pretty much everywhere. Now I haven't been able to go deep in a building to see, but so far I haven't seen any 1x800. Doesn't mean its not there though.

Hopefully we get some acceptance reports soon to confirm!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Another 30 Band 26 sites accepted in the Kansas market. Details in the Premier Sponsor B26/LTE 800 thread.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone get HD Voice working? The video sprint showed was pretty impressive and both my SO and I have compatible phones but have yet to experience HD Voice. Apparently there is an announcement coming as well ...soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone experiencing issues around Southwest Trafficway & 31st Street in KCMO? I have no idea where the tower(s) are located in that area.

My wife's Note2 is churning through battery at an unbelievable rate the past 2-3 weeks. Her 1xRTT readings yesterday were anywhere between -95dBm - -105dBm, with no evdo, ehrpd, or lte connection.

Prior to the last 2-3 weeks, she connected without issue to lte. No issues when connecting to our home tower. Updated PRL & Profile multiple times over the past few weeks.

I reported the issue to @sprintcare on Twitter.

Thanks,

Skid

Edited by skid71

Anyone experiencing issues around Southwest Trafficway & 31st Street in KCMO? I have no idea where the tower(s) are located in that area.

My wife's Note2 is churning through battery at an unbelievable rate the past 2-3 weeks. Her 1xRTT readings yesterday were anywhere between -95dBm - -105dBm, with no evdo, ehrpd, or lte connection.

Prior to the last 2-3 weeks, she connected without issue to lte. No issues when connecting to our home tower. Updated PRL & Profile multiple times over the past few weeks.

I reported the issue to @sprintcare on Twitter.

Thanks,

Skid

Sounds like it might be down. I was in the area over the weekend, didn't have any issues. Keep bugging @sprintcare and calling them until it's fixed. 

• Like 1