Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

Interesting.  I wonder if it's that tower on Cowher Road.  It's about 3-4 hundred yards away.  I'm a new member here and really enjoying the great information.  I appreciate your response.

Yes, right there at 7, it holds Sprint as well as a couple other carriers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have network (Sprint) problems today in the Overland Park area?  Specifically off of Wornall Rd. My girlfriend said she was having problems making calls all day.

Anyone have network (Sprint) problems today in the Overland Park area?  Specifically off of Wornall Rd. My girlfriend said she was having problems making calls all day.

Hey there!  Sorry for the delay but the week your girlfriend was having issues there was a tower either being worked on or down because where I got full bars and LTE it was roaming for a day or so.  I bounce off of the tower on 78th and State Line by the McDonald's on the corner of 79th & State Line (but not the newly built "stealth" tree looking tower).  It is the tower across the street near the suite of offices in the beige/light colored building.  I hope this helps you out!

Patrick Wong

Hey there!  Sorry for the delay but the week your girlfriend was having issues there was a tower either being worked on or down because where I got full bars and LTE it was roaming for a day or so.  I bounce off of the tower on 78th and State Line by the McDonald's on the corner of 79th & State Line (but not the newly built "stealth" tree looking tower).  It is the tower across the street near the suite of offices in the beige/light colored building.  I hope this helps you out!

Patrick Wong

Thanks for the reply.  I'll let her know she doesn't have to stump on her phone :)

Thanks for the reply.  I'll let her know she doesn't have to stump on her phone :)

Although as of last Thursday/Friday now I am getting rock star signal (both LTE and voice) on my EVO 4G LTE.  Which building does she work out of?  I know the signals in this area are hit and miss at times.  Now I generally get a drop zone once I go northbound on State Line Road and hit the 95th Street and State Line Road hill.  Grr!!  But this is the price we pay for improvement then I am all in baby!  Have a great night.  

Patrick

Although as of last Thursday/Friday now I am getting rock star signal (both LTE and voice) on my EVO 4G LTE.  Which building does she work out of?  I know the signals in this area are hit and miss at times.  Now I generally get a drop zone once I go northbound on State Line Road and hit the 95th Street and State Line Road hill.  Grr!!  But this is the price we pay for improvement then I am all in baby!  Have a great night.  

Patrick

IDK a retirement home I think on Wornall Rd...I live in North Carolina.  I visited her couple weeks ago and noticed the difference in towers/RRUs.  We ate at the Elephant Bar....didn't know I was so close to Sprint Headquarters!!

What happened to all the 800 RTT we were seeing several weeks ago? Now I'm not seeing any of it.

Seems to be shut off for the time being. They are likely waiting for the majority of the market to have 800 enabled before activating it to help mitigate hand-off issues.

What happened to all the 800 RTT we were seeing several weeks ago? Now I'm not seeing any of it.

I think calls were dropping on the hand off between 800 and 1900 so they shutdown 800 until they can bring it up in large areas. 

I think calls were dropping on the hand off between 800 and 1900 so they shutdown 800 until they can bring it up in large areas. 

I would agree as my EVO 4G LTE kept dropping in areas where the 800 was live.  Then all of a sudden the drops stopped occuring so I am guessing it is due to what you mentioned.  Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed a difference in call sound quality?  I'm not sure if it's HD voice, but a weird thing happened tonight while I was talking to a buddy of mine.  The call dropped so he called me back.  After answering, I asked him if he put on a headset because the sound was totally different.  He didn't and mentioned he noticed the same thing for me.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to be HD voice.  We both are on Sprint.  I have an HTC Evo LTE, and I believe he has a galaxy 4.

This happens a lot to me when I'm traveling on 435 between State Line Road and heading west. Where the call quality isn't the best and either I call the buddy back or drop and redial then the audio quality is crystal clear. There's a new dead zone when I head north or south on State Line Road at roughly the 95th & State Line intersection.

For any Sponsors that still read this, I have this thread going for site identification, and future use ;)

If you're not a sponsor, this links to a map of all the Kansas market sites, as well as their current NV status.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5139-kansas-market-nv-maps-and-spreadsheet-includes-kansas-city-wichita/

Fort Riley has been experiencing significant LTE downtime on Custer Hill for nearly 6 months now (after having blanket LTE coverage for months). Sprint reps have told me many things, including: waiting for 800MHz installation to finish, government forced LTE to be turned off, and area is experiencing no outages or network sluggishness. I've nearly given up on getting LTE back

Fort Riley has been experiencing significant LTE downtime on Custer Hill for nearly 6 months now (after having blanket LTE coverage for months). Sprint reps have told me many things, including: waiting for 800MHz installation to finish, government forced LTE to be turned off, and area is experiencing no outages or network sluggishness. I've nearly given up on getting LTE back

I am experiencing this in Lawrence area.  My folks live in an area that had 4G LTE and bounced on an in progress tower on the KU campus.  Then all of a sudden LTE disappeared and I am patiently awaiting for it to come back as well.  Right now the whole network regardless of area is a work in progress!  Although I do understand and feel your pain!  

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my tower is using B41 on my hotspot. My B25 LTE has been much slower lately and my signal has gone down. Then I checked my hotspot and I am getting 20Mbps down and 10 up. Same as the B25 I was getting earlier. Very exciting. Id post a pic of my webbrowser but I guess im not that smart.. 

This is awesome! Do you know roughly know where you got the band 41 connection? If you're using Windows Vista or higher then you can use the snipping tool (search for it in the search bar underneath the all programs) and yuan take a snippet of what's on your screen and bam! You can then post it here.

This is awesome! Do you know roughly know where you got the band 41 connection?

You do know that, as a Premier sponsor, you have access to the work in progress TD-LTE 2600 site map, right?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4674-clearwire-td-lte-2600wimaxexpedience-maps/

There is lots of band 41 LTE in the Kansas City area.  I put a 20 MHz TDD carrier on my spectrum analyzer months ago.

AJ

You do know that, as a Premier sponsor, you have access to the work in progress TD-LTE 2600 site map, right?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4674-clearwire-td-lte-2600wimaxexpedience-maps/

There is lots of band 41 LTE in the Kansas City area.  I put a 20 MHz TDD carrier on my spectrum analyzer months ago.

AJ

Or this one: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5108-kc-td-lte-rollout/

:tu: