Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

I didn't think giving the backhaul info would be a big deal... I knew sharing screenshots of the maps or linking the maps was not allowed' date=' but I edited the post removing the info. My apologies.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner[/quote']

Thanks for making the adjustment. I can see you were just trying to be helpful. I appreciate your good attitude about the whole thing. Thanks for being a part of S4GRU.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 4

So if I just donated, how can I access these maps? I got a hankering to drive around looking for LTE tonight for some strange reason...

Looks like your account has been marked as a sponsor, just go to the interactive maps forum now and enjoy :)

• Like 1

I usually freeze system update, but an updated PRL shouldn't have any real effect on NV as its just an updated list for roaming towers. PRL = Preferred Roaming List. Doubtful it will increase your Sprint 3G speeds or anything like that.

• Like 1

I usually freeze system update, but an updated PRL shouldn't have any real effect on NV as its just an updated list for roaming towers. PRL = Preferred Roaming List. Doubtful it will increase your Sprint 3G speeds or anything like that.

No, the prl has had the Chicago sid for SMR for quite sometime. The latest update only changed some international stuff I believe. And you are correct, it will not change speeds or increase signal.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Union IL tower just got updated. checked it a few days ago and it wasn't NV'd. But,Yesterday I saw abnormally high signal strength with blistering speeds. Drove to site and saw the RRU's installed. Wish I would have caught them in the act installing them. So, that makes all towers by me NV'd. Which many of them aren't marked complete on the maps. Now if they can optimize them quickly. I'll be a happy camper.

just did a donation to this great site...but question how long before I get access to the maps??

I didn't know who the donation was from so I sent an email back asking for your screen name. But now that I see your post here, I now know who it is from. I have upgraded your account. You can ignore the email I sent to your PayPal email address.

Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Thanks you saved me some time.

I didn't know who the donation was from so I sent an email back asking for your screen name. But now that I see your post here, I now know who it is from. I have upgraded your account. You can ignore the email I sent to your PayPal email address.

Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Hey guys, might be a noob question. But I see that the tower close to my house has been set up for 800 3g. As far as I knew 800 would penetrate through walls better, but I haven't noticed an increase in the bars that I'm getting. Is there a way to see which band you're on?

Hey guys, might be a noob question. But I see that the tower close to my house has been set up for 800 3g. As far as I knew 800 would penetrate through walls better, but I haven't noticed an increase in the bars that I'm getting. Is there a way to see which band you're on?

Should be able to get into the debug menu on the gnex with the following dialer code: *#*#DEBUG#*#* code: 777468

Under 1x engineering you can find which band you are on (10 = 800, 1 = 1900)

It will only be connecting to CDMA 1x RTT on 800MHz though. EVDO (what people generally refer to as 3G) will only be broadcast on 1900MHz.

Also, if you have a Nexus S as your profile indicates, you will not be connecting to 800MHz as that phone lacks the hardware to connect to the SMR band.

• Like 1

It will only be connecting to CDMA 1x RTT on 800MHz though. EVDO (what people generally refer to as 3G) will only be broadcast on 1900MHz.

Also, if you have a Nexus S as your profile indicates, you will not be connecting to 800MHz as that phone lacks the hardware to connect to the SMR band.

Sweet, hopefully when lte is on I'll get like 2mb down on one bar.

My evo lte is always connecting to the 800mhz at the tower in Glencoe Ill. It works in the basement of a building near the tower which didn't occur before the upgrade. But, I'm also getting band 10 when I'm outside near the tower with full bars. I have seen that 1x is on 1900 as well but most of the time it is on 800.

I took a screenshot of my home screen but not sure how to upload it here.

http://tinypic.com/ is a good pic hosting site. Just upload it there and copy the url. Otherwise photobucket works great too and has an app, so you can do everything from your phone.

I got a 4G signal on my EVO 4G LTE at the Speedway in Joliet. I took a screenshot of my home screen but not sure how to upload it here.

fp1opy.png

http://www.howardforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84240&d=1345820822

you talking bout the one on plain field rd? If so that's been active for over a month

you talking bout the one on plain field rd? If so that's been active for over a month

It's the one on Hwy 53 between Laraway and Sweitzer. I received it in a notification from Sprint today.

Robert

• Like 1