Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Honestly, I have great speeds in chicago on my lg g7 and don't really care about 5g. When your getting 100-200 on 4g with sprint, I don't really care about 5g. But it is still cool to see how this is all playing out and how sprint is doing so much better then others with 5g. Get this tmobile merger done and it is going to be great to have the money to spend to expand 5g

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cubbiefan82 said:

Honestly, I have great speeds in chicago on my lg g7 and don't really care about 5g. When your getting 100-200 on 4g with sprint, I don't really care about 5g. But it is still cool to see how this is all playing out and how sprint is doing so much better then others with 5g. Get this tmobile merger done and it is going to be great to have the money to spend to expand 5g

That's pretty much the way it is here in the Seattle Metro area too.  Sprint is consistently very good.  And has less slow sites than T-Mobile.

Robert

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mhammett said:

5G is purely about manufacturers trying to sell more equipment.

Peak speeds over 200mbs are not terribly useful, but uploads on 5G are considerably better and a ton more stable than Sprint's current TDD config on LTE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Are any legacy Sprint to TNX members willing to chime in about their experiences in the NW IL and western Illinois?  I've got the T-Mo SIM but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I'm specifically curious about the following areas:

Barrington

Lake Barrington

Algonquin

Crystal Lake

Rockford

Freeport

Stockton

Apple Canyon Lake

Galena

Appreciate any thoughts on service and whether the switch has been good, bad or indifferent in terms of speed and availability.  I currently have an iPhone Xr.  It seems to me that Sprint's network will decay over time as they pull spectrum and resources away to put on T-Mo.  Just not sure if we're at the tipping point where it makes sense to switch.

Thank you

Edited by CrossedSignals
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, CrossedSignals said:

Are any legacy Sprint to TNX members willing to chime in about their experiences in the NW IL and western Illinois?  I've got the T-Mo SIM but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I'm specifically curious about the following areas:

Barrington

Lake Barrington

Algonquin

Crystal Lake

Rockford

Freeport

Stockton

Apple Canyon Lake

Galena

Appreciate any thoughts on service and whether the switch has been good, bad or indifferent in terms of speed and availability.  I currently have an iPhone Xr.  It seems to me that Sprint's network will decay over time as they pull spectrum and resources away to put on T-Mo.  Just not sure if we're at the tipping point where it makes sense to switch.

Thank you

Tmobile will be better In those cities.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...