Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Any LTE being rolled out yet in Chgo ?    I had heard they were supposed to start turning on 800LTE this Month in areas they could.  I would think that could help spread things out a bit.

I am a little confused by the question? Chicago has had lte for long time now, They also now have lte turned on from clear and turning on 800 right now.

I am a little confused by the question? Chicago has had lte for long time now, They also now have lte turned on from clear and turning on 800 right now.

About the LTE800... that can only be treated as rumor right now, I have yet to see any LTE800 myself and I have not seen any post confirming LTE800 being turned on in chicago either.

About the LTE800... that can only be treated as rumor right now, I have yet to see any LTE800 myself and I have not seen any post confirming LTE800 being turned on in chicago either.

Sprint said 800 lte by the end of year, if your premier sponsor you have a inside track of what is going on. Sadly I can't share much about it. 800 lte got delayed due to issue with the new phones and not being able to connect to 4g stand alone sites. I would say by christmas Chicago and a lot of Michigan will have a good amount of 800 lte turned on. Honestly it will be a great present for a lot people in Chicago, sprint has a lot of customers in Chicago.

• Like 1

Sprint said 800 lte by the end of year, if your premier sponsor you have a inside track of what is going on. Sadly I can't share much about it. 800 lte got delayed due to issue with the new phones and not being able to connect to 4g stand alone sites. I would say by christmas Chicago and a lot of Michigan will have a good amount of 800 lte turned on. Honestly it will be a great present for a lot people in Chicago, sprint has a lot of customers in Chicago.

Who are the immediate benefactors of the 800LTE; iPhone 5, GS4, etc?

The first two lte 800 sites was accepted in Chicago like a week ago. Don't know why there are still questions about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Is that shown in the NV Sites complete map for regular sponsors?

Who are the immediate benefactors of the 800LTE; iPhone 5, GS4, etc?

Only Sprint Spark devices, the 5S, the 5C and Mobile Broadband

LG G2, Nexus 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, Galaxy Mega, Galaxy Mini, HTC One Max, Netgear Zing, MiFi 500.

But the iPhones don't support B41.

Also, look for re-releases of the Note 3 and Galaxy S4 as "Spark-compatible" versions. They'll have a T on the end of their SKU.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good to know! being able to get on 800 will defintely help with the congestion on the 1900 band and with the One max seeming to have worse reception than the S4, would help to hold on to LTE in more places (in door especially)

Any 800LTE being rolled out in Chgo yet is what it was supposed to say.  D@mn keyboard!

I had heard rumor of 800LTE being rolled out across the country and assumed since Chgo was "done" pretty much that should happen pretty quick.  Also had heard that bandclass 41 was being rolled out now in Chgo.

From my visit in May to my visit in Nov things were way better or should I say LTE was live most places at least. Speed was a whole other story.  So seems like they need 800 and 2.5/2.6 to spread that usage around - BAD !!

I'm destined to post screen shots of active band 26 here in Chicago. I'll be hunting for it throughout the week. I bought a hotspot to help my hunting. As far as I can tell, my iPhone 5s has band 26 locked. Couldn't connect at verified sites.

I'm destined to post screen shots of active band 26 here in Chicago. I'll be hunting for it throughout the week. I bought a hotspot to help my hunting. As far as I can tell, my iPhone 5s has band 26 locked. Couldn't connect at verified sites.

They could be accepted but not turned on yet, sprint has done that before.

Is there any technical way to physically see and confirm over saturated airlinks.  We know the poor SNR is likely the cause of too many LTE devices trying to access to few LTE airwaves to the towers on 1900 PCS G Block, but is there a technical indicator for this.  Some sort of tool or device that can be used to say ahhh yep, I see the airwave frequencies are jammed up with data requests........

For engineers and technicians working for wireless operators, yes.  For even advanced wireless consumers, not really.  At a bare minimum, you need a few grand for a spectrum analyzer and a few years of engineering expertise.

AJ

For engineers and technicians working for wireless operators, yes.  For even advanced wireless consumers, not really.  At a bare minimum, you need a few grand for a spectrum analyzer and a few years of engineering expertise.

AJ

Well I guess that answers that, the answer being no.

Well I guess that answers that, the answer being no.

No, the answer is you need to get AJ to make a trip to the Windy City...tell him you'll take him to Portillo's and Giordano's and give him the full Chicago experience, who knows, maybe he'll bite
  • Like 3

No, the answer is you need to get AJ to make a trip to the Windy City...tell him you'll take him to Portillo's and Giordano's and give him the full Chicago experience, who knows, maybe he'll bite

Eh, I wouldn't consider "Giordano's" an adequate representative of Chicago pizza. While it is delicious, there is better. I hope I didn't just open up a "pizza debate" in this forum. Carry on.

Eh, I wouldn't consider "Giordano's" an adequate representative of Chicago pizza. While it is delicious, there is better. I hope I didn't just open up a "pizza debate" in this forum. Carry on.

Sorry, I think you can blame me for opening up the subject...but whatever your favorite, I'll disagree with John Stewart and take Chicago style over the greasy cardboard they serve in NY any day:

http://youtu.be/n8IKxbOpt0E

And while we're on the subject, no, an antenna does not count as part of the structure of a building...

Ok, now you can carry on.

• Like 1

Is there any technical way to physically see and confirm over saturated airlinks. We know the poor SNR is likely the cause of too many LTE devices trying to access to few LTE airwaves to the towers on 1900 PCS G Block, but is there a technical indicator for this. Some sort of tool or device that can be used to say ahhh yep, I see the airwave frequencies are jammed up with data requests........

If someone found a way to open up Android to pull the modulations being used, that would help a lot.

Sorry, I think you can blame me for opening up the subject...but whatever your favorite, I'll disagree with John Stewart and take Chicago style over the greasy cardboard they serve in NY any day:http://youtu.be/n8IKxbOpt0EAnd while we're on the subject, no, an antenna does not count as part of the structure of a building...Ok, now you can carry on.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry, I think you can blame me for opening up the subject...but whatever your favorite, I'll disagree with John Stewart and take Chicago style over the greasy cardboard they serve in NY any day: http://youtu.be/n8IKxbOpt0E And while we're on the subject, no, an antenna does not count as part of the structure of a building... Ok, now you can carry on.

Wow, are you kidding me about the pizza....Im sure, that tomatoe pie they serve in Chicago taste fine, but you haven't had pizza until you eat NYC pizza! Sorry Chicagoland...your tower might have more physical floors to stand on in your "tallest building" interpretation, but you guys aint got nothing on us when it comes to Pizza...

Stewart knows his pizza!

Wow, are you kidding me about the pizza....Im sure, that tomatoe pie they serve in Chicago taste fine, but you haven't had pizza until you eat NYC pizza! Sorry Chicagoland...your tower might have more physical floors to stand on in your "tallest building" interpretation, but you guys aint got nothing on us when it comes to Pizza...

Stewart knows his pizza!

What is a tall building if not more physical floors to stand on?

• Like 1

I have been noticing that the UL Channel in the LTE engineering screen on my N5 keeps bouncing between 65535 and 26665 sometimes about once every second or two. I had a signal around -88db while this was happening. Would this, not being able to lock into a channel, cause some of the slow data problems in the area? Not really sure if the UL channel bouncing is even an issue, but seemed odd.

I will do this, how about one better, Portillo's and Hot Doug's in the same trip! U in AJ?

I have been noticing that the UL Channel in the LTE engineering screen on my N5 keeps bouncing between 65535 and 26665 sometimes about once every second or two.

Well, 65535 is a null value. That periodic flicker seems to be an LG and/or Samsung engineering screen phenomenon. To be completely accurate, though, unless the handset is transmitting, it is not truly connected to any uplink carrier, hence the null value.

AJ

• Like 1