Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

That really wasn't a very nice thing to say. I know that we all keep hoping that Bakersfield and Fresno would be upgraded already, and maybe there are a few sites in Bakersfield that are already upgraded and just need to have backhaul hooked up.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

"all towers in Bakersfield have an end date of being upgraded on Feb 4th"

I will eat this website if EVERY SITE gets updated (appoved) in two weeks.

It would be unprecedented.

Even PR/VI which was the fastet moving market isnt fully done with LTE yet (even though its NV done)

I wouldnt expect Bakersfield to be 100% done for many months, or even until next year, and nor should anyone here.

Even PR/VI which was the fastet moving market isnt fully done with LTE yet (even though its NV done)

I wouldnt expect Bakersfield to be 100% done for many months, or even until next year, and nor should anyone here.

That is just downright cold. Until next year? Are you developing a mindset of "Sprint will never finish"? If so, please stop. Who would have ever thought such a massive undertaking would be so simple? I sure didn't. I was surprised when Visalia finally got LTE. It's still not available where I am even though the tower work was done months ago. But that doesn't mean that they won't ever finish. Please refrain from being so negative about Sprint.

• Like 1

That is just downright cold. Until next year? Are you developing a mindset of "Sprint will never finish"? If so, please stop. Who would have ever thought such a massive undertaking would be so simple? I sure didn't. I was surprised when Visalia finally got LTE. It's still not available where I am even though the tower work was done months ago. But that doesn't mean that they won't ever finish. Please refrain from being so negative about Sprint.

Please dont read into things Im not saying. Youre drawing conclusions you want to draw and putting words in my mouth.

The claim: ALL towers will be done by Feb 4.

My response: Nope.

I think thats a pretty reasonable conclusion.

Will there be SOME LTE in two weeks? Entirely possible. Id say highly likely even. LTE is moving south, and a tower, two or three by Feb 4 is very reasonable of an expectation.

Will there be LTE coverage in all of Bakersfield in 2 weeks? Unlikely, but still a possibility. Depends which towers get done.

Thinking that ALL towers will be done, which as far as I know is a feat unaccomplished in any market yes, is highly unrealistic.

It's not being negative, it's not being cold, it's looking at the facts.

Yes, Sprint will finish (and I never said otherwise, please dont make things up), but to hope that every tower will have its permit issued, every tower with have backhaul installed, every tower will be converted, and every tower will pass inspection in two weeks is absurd. This conversation is absurd.

Again, please dont confuse setting proper expectations in regards to a comment made by a customer service rep looking at an internal website with negativity, "bashing" or anything similar.

But again, Ill gladly eat anything you put in front of me if the statement was in fact true.

To make the claim that Bakersfield would have 100% 3G acceptances within 2 weeks is a big enough stretch. To throw LTE (and presumably 1x 800, too) into the mix just throws the whole thing into a realm of lunacy. I wish it weren't true, really. We all just need to be realistic. When it happens it will be great, but there's no point in getting all hung up on an impossible date.

Living in Bakersfield myself, I don't believe it will be done in early February but my hopes are that it will happen by middle or end of the year.  Seen too many promises before such as Clearwire 4g (only one small tower was lit it up) and other promises by reps to believe it until I see it.  Regardless, I am sticking with Sprint as they have best deal

To make the claim that Bakersfield would have 100% 3G acceptances within 2 weeks is a big enough stretch. To throw LTE (and presumably 1x 800, too) into the mix just throws the whole thing into a realm of lunacy. I wish it weren't true, really. We all just need to be realistic. When it happens it will be great, but there's no point in getting all hung up on an impossible date.

It is fathomable with Bakersfield being a Samsung market that all the sites will be brought online in one cluster with 3G upgrades. It is also fathomable that all Bakersfield sites that have had their backhaul upgraded also could have their LTE brought online with the 3G clusters.

However, I don't think it is possible that every site in Bakersfield will have LTE turn on in one cluster. That has never happened before in the entirety of the whole history of Network Vision. So it's pretty safe we can rule that much out.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Yes, and VZW and AT&T have very few 100% complete markets (every single site) either. So you're quite right to be dubious. But I find your belligerence about it all a little much.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Thinking that ALL towers will be done, which as far as I know is a feat unaccomplished in any market yes, is highly unrealistic.

False.

There are at least two markets that are 100% complete with NV installs. A couple more where the most of the remaining sites are DAS, which don't really count. 

It is entirely plausible to see all the sites within a city accepted on the same day. We saw it in Salt Lake City. We saw it in Madison. We've seen huge clusters in Detroit, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, San Jose, Raleigh, and Nebraska/Iowa. That's they way Samsung is doing things. Surely you've read that by now. Bakersfield is in a Samsung market. It's almost guarantied that it will see most of not all of the city accepted (3G) on the same day.

Will it be by Feb. 4th? Maybe. That I do not know. It's also unlikely that every site would be LTE on day 1. That much is true.

I also have no idea how far along installs are. Is anyone there spotting? How do we know everything isn't installed already?

• Like 1

As for Bakersfield, I know I saw one site with NV work done, but was unable to snap pictures, so it's safe to assume work is progressing there, as for spotters, I don't know if anyone is. Aelenes lives there, I don't know how much he and others have seen recently.

False.

There are at least two markets that are 100% complete with NV installs. A couple more where the most of the remaining sites are DAS, which don't really count.

Which ones?

I mentioned PR/VI which is 100% NV....but not 100% LTE. The above comment implied 100% LTE.

As for Bakersfield, I know I saw one site with NV work done, but was unable to snap pictures, so it's safe to assume work is progressing there, as for spotters, I don't know if anyone is. Aelenes lives there, I don't know how much he and others have seen recently.

Oh yeah, there's definitely hardware in the air down in BK. There's nobody down there that is neurotic about spotting, though, so the current upgrade density is unknown.

Just got a text message from Sprint saying the network will be largely completed next month in my area (Bakersfield)...and of course making a pitch for me to buy a new 4G capable phone....

I work out of the area alot so don't have the ability to see the towers and take pictures but it is encouraging to get these messages.

Just got a text message from Sprint saying the network will be largely completed next month in my area (Bakersfield)...and of course making a pitch for me to buy a new 4G capable phone....

I work out of the area alot so don't have the ability to see the towers and take pictures but it is encouraging to get these messages.

Don't believe it. It's a nationwide text they sent out. I also received it as well as many other members from different markets in this forum.

• Like 1

Heck, I would have loved to have received that text message. I didn't get one (Fresno area) so we are not even being teased :td:

I'm actually kinda glad because there is no real progress (cabinets or panels) in the city of Fresno. Well, there is one site that has been physically upgraded. It's over near river park.

Well, between the sadly dark cities of Bakersfield and Fresno, it looks like there may be more progress in Visalia. Spotted a lift in Cigna's parking lot today on Akers & Tulare, working on the North tower this time which should be the Sprint site, although I'm not sure which radios are Sprint's.

post-29319-0-51447400-1390337315_thumb.jpg

full size: http://imgur.com/prWmNrZ

That is the sprint site, but they're not working on sprint's rack.

Well, between the sadly dark cities of Bakersfield and Fresno, it looks like there may be more progress in Visalia. Spotted a lift in Cigna's parking lot today on Akers & Tulare, working on the North tower this time which should be the Sprint site, although I'm not sure which radios are Sprint's.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif N tower work small.jpg

full size: http://imgur.com/prWmNrZ

It looks like the top is AT&T, the second might be Sprint.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 on Tapatalk 4.

It looks like the top is AT&T, the second might be Sprint.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 on Tapatalk 4.

I'm not sure who the second from the top is, but I believe the second from the bottom is sprint.

• Like 1

To put my 2 cents in, I would be very pleasantly surprised by the Feb 4th date for Bakersfield. I've been complaining to their twitter team about a tower outage near my work in Bakersfield and they confirmed via email that it was due to an antenna install by the contractor. Also informed that the NV upgrade in Bakersfield isn't supposed to completed until mid-year. I don't exactly know what "complete" means though. I'm optimistic that LTE will start to trickle into Bakersfield soon given that it finally made it's way to Delano a couple weeks ago. Still didn't stop me from getting a T-Mobile SIM to swap out to my Nexus 5. 2+ months on an outage is really unreasonable, even for Sprint.

Oh yeah, there's definitely hardware in the air down in BK. There's nobody down there that is neurotic about spotting, though, so the current upgrade density is unknown.

I was watching it eagerly for a while, all the towers I see in Bako have panels and RRUs. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 80% or more.

• Like 1

Which ones?

I mentioned PR/VI which is 100% NV....but not 100% LTE. The above comment implied 100% LTE.

Tracking 100% LTE complete is not important.  We cannot track AT&T and VZW to 100% of every site either.  They still have some difficult to do sites in many markets.  Other than maybe a few small markets, it will be a year or two before there is 100% LTE on every single site.

Unless you can start tracking 100% conversion on every single site on all the other networks, I don't want you to keep quoting that around here.  To keep posting around our forums repetitively "none are 100% LTE converted" amounts to trolling.  Which you are getting dangerously close to doing.

Robert

• Like 2

Was told that a 1/3 of the towers should be turned on by the 4th will know once I see it up & running

Edited by Nextel49