Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Is Kerman an at&t landline service area?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No. Kerman is serviced by Sebastian which is where our Sprint tower is at. I share in bjarabian's frustration. Service here is not very good right now and to see a new tower go up for a different carrier is disheartening. Still just waiting patiently.

Visited a family member that lives by Chaplain and Perin in Fresno (woodward park area). Inside the house I was roaming on Verizon. I dont remember it being the case before. Ate up my battery

Got a good speed test down by Shields and 1st, 4pm too.

Failed speed test out by Clinton and Marks. 1 bar.

Ill be up at China Peak tomorrow. Ill see if I catch some service. Last time I was there only the iphone in our group had a bar (roaming), and only when the wind was aligned in a certain direction, while Saturn was on a certain axis.

Is Kerman an at&t landline service area?

Confirming BM....It is all Sebastian fiber around here. Sebastian gets their wholesale bandwidth from Time Warner, which I don't think would matter at all.  This makes it even double frustrating because the Sprint radios are mounted on the Sebastian Tower which is on Sebastian Land that sits 50 yards away from the main Sebastian switch board hub.  The new ATT tower is on the completely opposite side of town.

Confirming BM....It is all Sebastian fiber around here. Sebastian gets their wholesale bandwidth from Time Warner, which I don't think would matter at all. This makes it even double frustrating because the Sprint radios are mounted on the Sebastian Tower which is on Sebastian Land that sits 50 yards away from the main Sebastian switch board hub. The new ATT tower is on the completely opposite side of town.

Tower companies usually own the towers now. That may he the case with the new at&t. If Sebastion is the only fiber company around, that may be the problem you face. If Sprint couldn't get a good deal on fiber backhaul fees, they will pipe it in with another provider, or go the microwave route until they can negotiate a proper contract.

Visited a family member that lives by Chaplain and Perin in Fresno (woodward park area). Inside the house I was roaming on Verizon. I dont remember it being the case before. Ate up my battery

Got a good speed test down by Shields and 1st, 4pm too.

Failed speed test out by Clinton and Marks. 1 bar.

Ill be up at China Peak tomorrow. Ill see if I catch some service. Last time I was there only the iphone in our group had a bar (roaming), and only when the wind was aligned in a certain direction, while Saturn was on a certain axis.

Yep, Fresno is still kind of spastic but definitely better overall. You can usually stream Spotify most anywhere with a couple rare cutouts here and there. Mostly at least data of some sort and for some reason I've never had many dropped calls (like 2 or 3 in five years). Believe it or not data used to be way, way worse, couldn't use navigation hardly anwywhere in town and couldn't pull up a map for anything in most spots. Much, much better. Indoors can still be iffy though but I think it's a problem on all carriers. 

1x800 voice in delano?!?! Nice. Does this mean I won't get dropped calls anymore?

Potentially. I'm not sure how far the signal extends. And it depends on the phone you have, if its 1x800 capable. I was only driving down 99.

My service at home has been really bad this week. 3g turns off and on a lot and don't get reception as I used to. I have done prl, profile, airplane mode, soft reset. Sprint told me like they tell everyone that 4g upgrades are schedule to the nearest tower nin coming months

Kerman having dropped calls also, called sprint and they said capacity upgrades being done along with LTE. No time frame for LTE upgrade completion but the capacity upgrades will be done by the 30 of this month. Also said Fresnos LTE upgrades have just barley started (January 8th).

Edited by plada2315

Kerman having dropped calls also, called sprint and they said capacity upgrades being done along with LTE. No time frame for LTE upgrade completion but the capacity upgrades will be done by the 30 of this month. Also said Fresnos LTE upgrades have just barley started (January 8th).

I had a tech ticket on that tower a month ago and they called me last week to tell me that it was resolved. I told them that Kerman is in need of a second tower North of Kerman, like where the Nextel tower is.  Sad that I can see the active Sprint tower from the Walmart parking lot and have 1 bar with barley any 3G.  I just hope that when the tower is fully upgraded that everything improves.

Hey Lower Central Valley people! We have the LTE's in McFarland now! I just saw the track on the 99 on Sensorly! Someone go check it out and add to it! I'll be back through this weekend and add what I can!

• Like 1

Hey Lower Central Valley people! We have the LTE's in McFarland now! I just saw the track on the 99 on Sensorly! Someone go check it out and add to it! I'll be back through this weekend and add what I can!

I haven't noticed. I work in McFarland so I'll check it out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hey guys, First time poster :), just wanted to point out, i didn't know if any one else mentioned this but near mendota on the way to kerman there is some lte according to this map

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Mendota%2C+CA+93640%2C+USA

Welcome to S4GRU. I had just noticed that earlier this evening while looking at the map when I noticed the LTE track in McFarland. I keep track of the area because I work up and down the area from Bakersfield to Fresno.

It's likely coming from the tower in Delano. My wife works in Delano and gets pretty strong 4G signal as of 2 days ago. AFAIK, the tower in McFarland is still 3G.

• Like 1

It's likely coming from the tower in Delano. My wife works in Delano and gets pretty strong 4G signal as of 2 days ago. AFAIK, the tower in McFarland is still 3G.

Thanks! Now if we only had more Sensorly tracks in Delano too! (hint hint)

Re McFarland, I think those are my tracks. Last night, after 7:00, heading south on 99 just entering MacFarland. I noticed 4G on the phone and scrambled to get a sensorly trip started. Exited at Sherwood for a speed test and immediately lost 4G. I then headed back to Delano in an effort to pick it up again with no luck. What a tease!

Still, it must have been a Delano tower.  I hope this means that Bakersfield is next. There seems to be a southward expansion down the 99 corridor.

Edited by LeskTheGlut
  • Like 1

Re McFarland, I think those are my tracks. Last night, after 7:00, heading south on 99 just entering MacFarland. I noticed 4G on the phone and scrambled to get a sensorly trip started. Exited at Sherwood for a speed test and immediately lost 4G. I then headed back to Delano in an effort to pick it up again with no luck. What a tease!

Still, it must have been a Delano tower. I hope this means that Bakersfield is next. There seems to be a southward expansion down the 99 corridor.

Yes it does seem to be expanding southward, especially when I saw 1x800 voice on in the area just days before LTE showed up there! Thanks for the little you did get mapped!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2