Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

@techiegirl, I was in Sacramento this weekend for the UFC fight and wow the 3G sucked in and around ARCO (ugh still can't call it "sleep Train") and I thought Visalia's 3G was horrendous.  I feel sorry for y'all up there and hopefully Sprint will go live with LTE there.  We've only had it a few weeks down here and I already missed it being there for 2 days LOL.

@techiegirl, I was in Sacramento this weekend for the UFC fight and wow the 3G sucked in and around ARCO (ugh still can't call it "sleep Train") and I thought Visalia's 3G was horrendous.  I feel sorry for y'all up there and hopefully Sprint will go live with LTE there.  We've only had it a few weeks down here and I already missed it being there for 2 days LOL.

It is bad. And I still call it Arco, several name changes later. It will always be Arco.  :)  The whole area (except out in Roseville and now the further areas that have gone live) is like that. I'm hopeful something happens soon. It's annoying, but eh, it is what it is. Upgrades are coming. I'm just glad to see a lot of places starting to wake up.

My Downtown Fresno Results today with what Smartview calls a "Great" signal strength:  (I can't seem to post, copy or embed the speedtest.net stuff)

Ping:  1011, DS .10 Mbps, US .15 Mbps

Just, plain, awful...

Edited by Panther5150

That makes me die inside a little :(

I keep hoping that with LTE I will able to get something going in downtown Fresno other than lag, lag and no connectivity that I currently live with.  I don't want to jump on the Verizon bandwagon as I have had a nice long relationship with Sprint.

That makes me die inside a little :(

I keep hoping that with LTE I will able to get something going in downtown Fresno other than lag, lag and no connectivity that I currently live with. I don't want to jump on the Verizon bandwagon as I have had a nice long relationship with Sprint.

You can put your Sprint phone on seasonal standby for up to 6 months and use a prepaid for that time period.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Was at west Shaw Costco/Winco and tried to run a speed test... Couldnt. Data was so bad I could not run a speed test. I understand Sprint is trying to launch Fresno as a cluster (based off the past 2 months of LCV launched) but this is abysmal.

The LCV has to be launched like this because of the eCSFB issue. Not much can be done other than to hit the accelerator on work, which has been happening here.

The LCV has to be launched like this because of the eCSFB issue. Not much can be done other than to hit the accelerator on work, which has been happening here.

I just hope they can hit the on button before the holiday vacation freeze. I think if theyre not approved by this weekend, it wont be until mid January at best.

Well I got off the phone with the Account Service team & the Rep said that all of the Tower's for 4G are up & they are working on the last one & that it should be done on the 27th keep going over to have my phone played with & the New Sprint Store on Gosford while 4G keeps going on & off just wish they would keep it on 2 mins is just not long enough play on 4G so those that live here in Bako this is for us just want to have it on now to really enjoy it

Was at west Shaw Costco/Winco and tried to run a speed test...   Couldnt. Data was so bad I could not run a speed test.   I understand Sprint is trying to launch Fresno as a cluster (based off the past 2 months of LCV launched) but this is abysmal.

Kerman is terrible as well.  I had to call it in, it was so bad.  My wife couldn't even update her profile.  Hey Visalia, does this sound familiar before they launched 4g in your area?

Kerman is terrible as well.  I had to call it in, it was so bad.  My wife couldn't even update her profile.  Hey Visalia, does this sound familiar before they launched 4g in your area?

Not on my side of town. The Acequia site has been pretty decent for most of this year. They have added T1 backhaul when it gets overburdened and I usually have ad no problems. Of course, they added 25 ft onto the top of the tower, so it could be that that helped a big part.

My experience in Fresno is the speeds vary sporadically at times, sometimes decent and often horrible, even on the same tower, just depends as I drive the same route everyday. I will say I haven't had spotify lockup in about a month so there's at least enough signal to keep it going but it sometimes takes awhile to get started where I work at Fresno St. and Ashlan and it's virtually non-existent indoors in that area. Thankfully there's ample wifi!

My app is weird but anyways I was going from exeter thru farmersville for work and picked up lte for a few seconds it was weird I picked it up on visalia road entering farmersville next to shell gas station

Yea thats weird I haven't picked it up when I go by I know it starts by police station going to Visalia. I noticed a lift by the sprint tower when I was passing through going home didnt see it there this morning.

I am confused.... Maybe someone can help.  For the past 6-8 months Kerman has been broadcasting in EHRPD which from my understanding is a necessary step to move towards 4gLTE.   So then they put up NV panels about 3 months ago and EHRPD continued to be broadcasted.  But then this last week they did something else up on the tower (not sure what) and now they are broadcasting in EVDO:a.  Isn't this a step back?  Thanks for any info.

I am confused.... Maybe someone can help. For the past 6-8 months Kerman has been broadcasting in EHRPD which from my understanding is a necessary step to move towards 4gLTE. So then they put up NV panels about 3 months ago and EHRPD continued to be broadcasted. But then this last week they did something else up on the tower (not sure what) and now they are broadcasting in EVDO:a. Isn't this a step back? Thanks for any info.

Same here, had been, mane wend back to cdma yesterday as well?

Data systems were being wonky yesterday even in Visalia where my data went back to EVDO A too. Reboot your phones and eHRPD should come back.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

That's weird I was in Tulare yesterday and I had LTE the whole time.  Do you think it was something just effecting the Visalia towers?

That's weird I was in Tulare yesterday and I had LTE the whole time.  Do you think it was something just effecting the Visalia towers?

Not sure. Once I got out of Visalia and airplaned and back, eHRPD came back, however, I had a harder time than normal getting LTE signals along 99. It was weird.