Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

They just turned on 70 new cities a 4-5 days back...still have hope that some of that activity will be coming to Bakersfield soon.  Every time I go to Fresno now...I can get LTE starting north of Earlimart along the 99

You can't cluster launch one site. Kerman will, in all likelihood, come online in the same manner as other small cities/towns with single sites.

When I heard it wasn't just Kerman but in the area they were having some of the same issues...that is what I meant.

Not NV upgraded, or not Sprint at all?

Because in the other CV thread someone said Sprint moved to this tower.

Edit: Im 1.5 miles away and my signal never bests 96, usually 102 or less.

cmrEvhY.jpg

what does that mean for NV timetable?

Nothing. Still has to go through the standard zoning, permitting, and equipment acquisition / contractor acquisition phase to get it converted. It typically takes about 2 or 3 weeks to physically convert a site after work begins. Work can't begin until the local municipal government body responsible for building permits / zoning & the owner of the tower gives permission. 

• Like 1

Sprint seriously needs to add LTE or a better towers in Hanford. They're sharing a tower with multiple company's. Its been three years that representatives at the Hanford store tell me that LTE will come on December. 2013 is almost over and still nothing. I need to see some improvement in this town.

Sprint seriously needs to add LTE or a better towers in Hanford. They're sharing a tower with multiple company's. Its been three years that representatives at the Hanford store tell me that LTE will come on December. 2013 is almost over and still nothing. I need to see some improvement in this town.

You seriously believe what store reps tell you? Sprint still does not have the necessary permits in Hanford to upgrade those sites, and if they do, they haven't begun work. I will try to research Hanford's permit system out tonight and let you know what I find, but it might not be until the end of the week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You seriously believe what store reps tell you? Sprint still does not have the necessary permits in Hanford to upgrade those sites, and if they do, they haven't begun work. I will try to research Hanford's permit system out tonight and let you know what I find, but it might not be until the end of the week.

That would be awesome, thanks. That's what I learned, not to trust those guys. At least there's some progress in lower central valley.

That would be awesome, thanks. That's what I learned, not to trust those guys. At least there's some progress in lower central valley.

Yes, there is some progress. And you are welcome.

Got a Buddy in Maricopa which is about 45 minutes from Bakersfield. Any idea when he will see LTE?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

If Maricopa is in Kern County, then no. I had so much trouble trying to figure out Kern Counties permit system.

• Like 1

If Maricopa is in Kern County, then no. I had so much trouble trying to figure out Kern Counties permit system.

YA Maricopa is in Kern Co a little before Taft & I know when I ever drive out there signal is almost always bad until you get into Taft Sprint has not many towers there or in Lake Isabella for that matter or alot of the places that don't get the upgrades was told that all 4G towers are up last tower should be done on the 27th & running LTE & this is from Sprint Account Services showing all of them up

• Like 1

YA Maricopa is in Kern Co a little before Taft & I know when I ever drive out there signal is almost always bad until you get into Taft Sprint has not many towers there or in Lake Isabella for that matter or alot of the places that don't get the upgrades was told that all 4G towers are up last tower should be done on the 27th & running LTE & this is from Sprint Account Services showing all of them up

I sure hope things start moving forward in Bakersfield sooner than later.

• Like 1