• HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!  :welc2:

joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Steve Dean said:

The skyline seems to change every week here.  More buildings are scheduled to be constructed. 

Wish i could tell you more about Opry Mills.  I do not frequent that property unless it is a last resort.

the traffic in that area is out of control.

On 10/13/2017 at 10:26 AM, RedSpark said:

I wonder if "Washington, DC" according to Sprint also includes surrounding areas in MD/VA.

I believe it does and unfortunately I think the big drag is not just the suburbs but capacity issues in the District itself. Sprint did add some mini-macros in the city core which made B41 somewhat usable again, but it continues to drag 50-60% below the number they provide there. District Government did announce that they received 11 bids to take over the city street lights for small cells - I am hoping that Mobilitie is one of those bids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapkoski said:

I believe it does and unfortunately I think the big drag is not just the suburbs but capacity issues in the District itself. Sprint did add some mini-macros in the city core which made B41 somewhat usable again, but it continues to drag 50-60% below the number they provide there. District Government did announce that they received 11 bids to take over the city street lights for small cells - I am hoping that Mobilitie is one of those bids.

I think you're absolutely right about that. The Mini Macros did help some but what's really needed are 8T8R builds/upgrades or Massive MIMO to be deployed next year. The population density of DC has increased substantially with all the new construction and these 2CA Mini Macros that they've deployed can't get ahead with the traffic demand. I hope Mobilitie is one of those bids too!

I believe Sprint's last major announcement about DC's network was for Inauguration Day earlier this year: 

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprints-dc-network-ready-to-support-great-american-tradition-presidential-inauguration.htm

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20170113/carriers/carriers-network-infrastructure-inauguration-day-tag17

I was up in Downtown Bethesda and Northern Bethesda this past weekend visiting some family I have up there. I have the "Baseline Data Experience" enabled in the RootMetrics Coverage Map App for iOS and I also ran some Speed Tests in the App in area hexes that were reported as 3G (Orange), hexes which didn't have any reports at all, and hexes which had slow LTE reported previously. I was pleasantly surprised at the speeds I saw! I was hitting upwards of 70-80 Mbps for download and 10 Mbps upload. Just doing my part to knock out those Orange Hexes when I can!

• Like 4

I know this is a touchy subject here -- but does Sprint still give $5 per line discount for employee discount (via verify) for Unlimited Freedom; on top of the $10 autopay discount?  2 two lines would be $90 with verified employee discount? 

1 hour ago, Johnner1999 said:

I know this is a touchy subject here -- but does Sprint still give $5 per line discount for employee discount (via verify) for Unlimited Freedom; on top of the $10 autopay discount?  2 two lines would be $90 with verified employee discount? 

It wasn't added to mine, I had to call back and ask specifically about it. Took another plan "change" and a month to show up. I only see a $5 autopay discount (per line). 

• Like 1

I wonder if the planned network update went bad...  Data is down nationwide now and has been for an hour and a half....

36 minutes ago, superbluepsd said:

I wonder if the planned network update went bad...  Data is down nationwide now and has been for an hour and a half....

West Michigan was out 4:45a-6:40a

Data is back up now.   That took longer than expected..

What was the outage all about?  Anyone know?   

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

What was the outage all about?  Anyone know?   

My guess would be that an update was pushed to the network which had some kind of bug. Once they saw that it knocked data offline, they rolled it back to the prior version of whatever it was.

I fall back to Verizon in my area with Roaming... I only have 1X voice when this happens.. no data available?   Is this correct?  Or is there a setting on my Note 5 i have to flip on?   My "Data Roaming" is turned on and allowed?   

Any idea what these white boxes are?

2E7C2B29-0A1E-4A41-944C-483DDF58C96D.jpeg

23 minutes ago, spike331 said:

Any idea what these white boxes are?

2E7C2B29-0A1E-4A41-944C-483DDF58C96D.jpeg

Looks like an Extreme Networks ExtremeWireless AP3965i 

43 minutes ago, bill875 said:

Looks like an Extreme Networks ExtremeWireless AP3965i 

So, WiFi?

15 minutes ago, spike331 said:

So, WiFi?

Yes, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wave 2 outdoor access point with Internal Antennas.

• Like 1

Seeing this pop up at Dulles

Screenshot_20171018-132724.png

• Like 8

JMlvOt0.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lilotimz said:

JMlvOt0.jpg

Is this (or anything else) available for current "more expensive plan" paying customers?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kg4icg said:

Seeing this pop up at Dulles

Any idea what blocks that is?

23 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

A block 10x10 carrier. 

31 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

The center frequency is in the screenshot.

The center frequency is in the screenshot.
It doesn't say what block it is tho. That was I was curious on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

http://bfy.tw/EYRb

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Last 10 Mhz of Block A.

Edited by greenbastard

JMlvOt0.jpg
Will this work on the 1 year free plan for a new customer?