HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

it seems, everyone has the regular edition HTC One m8 is getting the lollipop update. Still waiting for HK editions to receive it!

You can now keep Wi-Fi Calling enabled AND dismiss the constant notification.

Anybody know if receiving MMS messages using Hangouts on Wi-Fi calling is now fixed?  I'll try it tonight after I install the already-downloaded update and report back.  Just wondering if anybody else has tried.

Updated to Lollipop. Does anybody who's using SignalCheck know if there's a way to eliminate the notification bar on the lock screen? It's kind of annoying, I wish it would just stay in the notification bar like in KitKat. Turning off notifications for SignalCheck removes it, but then SignalCheck doesn't run in the background.

And yes, it's 90 degrees today, February 11th, in Southern California  :)

Screenshot_2015-02-11-14-54-07.jpg

• Like 1

Updated to Lollipop. Does anybody who's using SignalCheck know if there's a way to eliminate the notification bar on the lock screen? It's kind of annoying, I wish it would just stay in the notification bar like in KitKat. Turning off notifications for SignalCheck removes it, but then SignalCheck doesn't run in the background.

The only way around it that I can find is to go into the General settings > Sound & Notification > scroll all the way down and under "When Device is Locked" set that to "Don't show notifications at all".

Granted you won't see text messages or anything else on the lock screen, but you also no longer have the SignalCheck bar. Another downside to that option is that you can't see your signal strength at all on when you turn your display on and you HAVE to unlock your device before you can see signal check in the notification bar. It's either that or not have signal check pro run in the status bar at all. 

The only way around it that I can find is to go into the General settings > Sound & Notification > scroll all the way down and under "When Device is Locked" set that to "Don't show notifications at all".

Granted you won't see text messages or anything else on the lock screen, but you also no longer have the SignalCheck bar. Another downside to that option is that you can't see your signal strength at all on when you turn your display on and you HAVE to unlock your device before you can see signal check in the notification bar. It's either that or not have signal check pro run in the status bar at all.

Another workaround is to use the HTC Dot View case which has its own lock screen.

Thanks...ya, I figured that "Don't show notifications at all" would turn everything off. I also run GSam Battery Pro and this notification stays out of sight (along with Google Now) unless you swipe down on the lock screen...and when you do, it shows below a thin line separating them from the other types of notifications (ie messages, emails, SignalCheck, etc.) Wonder why?

Anybody know if receiving MMS messages using Hangouts on Wi-Fi calling is now fixed?  I'll try it tonight after I install the already-downloaded update and report back.  Just wondering if anybody else has tried.

MMS on Hangouts still doesn't work when on Wi-Fi calling.  I enabled Wi-Fi calling and had my buddy send first an MMS picture followed by a regular text message. 

The text message showed up immediately, but the MMS picture didn't arrive.  After I turned off Wi-Fi calling the MMS picture arrived almost immediately.

Looks like MMS on Hangouts and Wi-Fi calling will be forever broken on the M8. 

Why did the M8 only receive  5.0.1 when the M7 received 5.0.2?

They more than likely just ported a lot of the system from developer model onto Sprint's variant.  The M7 was likely built directly from source (as they had no 5.0.1 base to work with.)

Liking it so far. Only two complaints:

1) I can do without the notifications on the lock screen (somebody mentioned this already)

2) The multi task carousel seems to not have a limit. It can get cluttered pretty fast.

Other than that everything works buttery smooth.

Liking it so fay. Only two complaints:

1) I can do without the notifications on the lock screen (somebody mentioned this already)

2) The multi task carousel seems to not have a limit. It can get cluttered pretty fast.

Other than that everything works buttery smooth.

Lollipop has it setup where even if you reboot, your apps still stay in the recents list.  That's why it gets incredibly cluttered.  I'm hoping for the HK Lollipop update so I can use it's firmware on AOSP Lollipop ROM. :D

• Like 2

Lollipop has it setup where even if you reboot, your apps still stay in the recents list. That's why it gets incredibly cluttered. I'm hoping for the HK Lollipop update so I can use it's firmware on AOSP Lollipop ROM. :D

You can switch the view back to tiled.

Long press the notification on the lockscreen - then tap the little "i" icon on the right of it and it will bring up a menu to block or prioritize the notification for specific apps! Especially handy when the stupid notification pops up every time you connect via USB

(Mind you this is all on my M7 but I'm assuming it's a Lollipop thing not device specific)

I am having severe is issues after downloading this update. I received the notification that the update was ready yesterday afternoon and proceeded to promptly download it and install it. This took about an hour - much longer than I'd anticipated. But that wasn't the issue. It was the battery life after the update. Something like 120 minutes! This phone had excellent battery life before the update! But the worst part is that once the battery finally drained completely last night, the phone refused to power back on and after being plugged in for several hours did manage to reboot but only after somehow completely erasing everything on my phone! It was a mess. I had to reinstall everything. I couldn't be more pissed with this update. Oh, and the phone is significantly slower and more laggy. Someone please give me my kit Kat back!