Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Well, I confirmed last night that the coverage in the dome is just as bad as the Rams playing football.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4

Theres no site close by that is broadcasting LTE yet...

I wonder of the Rams will stay in St Louis after this season or next(I forget which it is). They were already told they arent getting a new stadium.

So what is wrong with virgin mobile? Would I be able to get a phone and place it in the window to get the 4G LTE possibly?

There is not a problem with Virgin Mobile persay, but as far as we know, Virgin and Boost and other MVNOs will not have access to the 800mhz band and the 2600mhz band. Sprint users will get Tri Band and MVNOs will be stuck on band 1900. As far as putting it in a window....that might work but im not going to guarantee that.

While on my way to work this morning I caught another Serving Cell that I can't find and I don't have access to the entire spreadsheet at work. Can one of you guys look to see if any tower is putting out 463. I was over 1549 Water Wood site. I was right under this site and I didn't see any NV Panels or RRUs. But I was getting Serving Cell 463 with the signal at -109. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't that tower.

Thanks lilg740.

I am hoping I can access the 4G LTE as I have a clear view all the way over to chaffee. There is little to no trees between here and there. Also I have noticed my 3G speeds have increased greatly. I use to be able to get 1.3Mbps if I was lucky and now it goes up to 2Mbps sometimes faster. Also it stays there at those speeds and doesn't slow down until throttling takes effect. And my signal strength has greatly improved as I use to only get 2 sometimes 3 bars. Now I get all 5 most of the time and that is in the back of the house in the front sometimes I didn't even get but 3 bars outside which was odd.

So due to this I am hoping that this should indicate that the tower that they are working on 4G LTE also has the 3G being worked on so then if that is the case then maybe I can reach the 4G LTE possibly. And as for the 800Mhz spectrum if it is for the phones case then it should support it. As the phone I am looking at it says 800 as well as the other spectrum.

Is it something virgin mobile and boost are specifically just blocking support for it for some reason? Or is it that since it is a prepaid service sprint isn't going to let them have access to everything like having faster speeds like the contract users get. Seems like all away around companies are just not really caring about people that can't get a good credit score or can't afford something that isn't worth it.

Well I just sent a message to virgin mobile. But they probably will have no idea what spectrums, bands, and MVNOs are. I am kind of getting why you are saying it won't be available possibly. As they are leasing the signal from sprint and I am guessing they have separate equipment on towers for MVNO's or possibly just cut off specific spectrum and cap their speeds so they only go so fast?

Edited by willmon23

Oh boy I am lovin this LTE inside the office at 270/olive!  Signal hangs right around -100 dbm in the center of the building on the 4th floor.  I mapped some points on sensorly on the way in (along Emerson Road) but they haven't shown up yet.

• Like 1

There is not a problem with Virgin Mobile persay, but as far as we know, Virgin and Boost and other MVNOs will not have access to the 800mhz band and the 2600mhz band. Sprint users will get Tri Band and MVNOs will be stuck on band 1900. As far as putting it in a window....that might work but im not going to guarantee that.

So due to this I am hoping that this should indicate that the tower that they are working on 4G LTE also has the 3G being worked on so then if that is the case then maybe I can reach the 4G LTE possibly. And as for the 800Mhz spectrum if it is for the phones case then it should support it. As the phone I am looking at it says 800 as well as the other spectrum.

Is it something virgin mobile and boost are specifically just blocking support for it for some reason? Or is it that since it is a prepaid service sprint isn't going to let them have access to everything like having faster speeds like the contract users get. Seems like all away around companies are just not really caring about people that can't get a good credit score or can't afford something that isn't worth it.

I can report that I've connected to 1x800 on my Virgin Mobile phone in northern Indiana and in California.  We'll see if I get 800Mhz LTE whenever it comes out.  Either way, $35 a month for unlimited 4G LTE is pretty good in my book.

If you're looking for a home internet connection, however, VM does NOT have an LTE hotspot yet, only WiMax.  And I don't think any of their 4G phones have a tethering plan.  You would have to buy a 4G phone,  root it, and hope someone has figured out how to tether it.  Of course that would break your terms of service. 

• Like 1

Well, I confirmed last night that the coverage in the dome is just as bad as the Rams playing football.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4

My wife on her 3G Galaxy S2 was having no problems inside the dome. But me on my Galaxy S4 with LTE was another story.

This was while I was outside of Red Robin in Chesterfield. Did I manage to snag the info we need?

a3a4apyj.jpg

Yes you did get some information. This is the Olive & Ladue tower. If you take that Cell Identity and converted to HEX. It will give you the HEX SCIDs. The Physical ID is one of the 3 Digit SCIDs. There are two more out there. Basically if you know where the physical tower is and do a circle around it you will get the other two SCIDs. 

Yes you did get some information. This is the Olive & Ladue tower. If you take that Cell Identity and converted to HEX. It will give you the HEX SCIDs. The Physical ID is one of the 3 Digit SCIDs. There are two more out there. Basically if you know where the physical tower is and do a circle around it you will get the other two SCIDs.

So pretty much I have info that we already had. Darn! Thought I was on to something! Now I have the knowledge to go out and explore more! Thank you very much! Hopefully I will be able to post more info tonight.

So pretty much I have info that we already had. Darn! Thought I was on to something! Now I have the knowledge to go out and explore more! Thank you very much! Hopefully I will be able to post more info tonight.

We don't have all the information for that tower. I will be out that way and was going to swing by it and get everything.

This was while I was outside of Red Robin in Chesterfield. Did I manage to snag the info we need?

Actually we didnt have the 3 digit style on this one. I grabbed it from your post and put in in the sheet earlier

We don't have all the information for that tower. I will be out that way and was going to swing by it and get everything.

If you get one of the 3-dig SCIDs you get all of them. Its nice to see when we get all of them because that confirms it. They are always separated by 169.

• Like 1