Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

PRLs won't be used to dictate LTE band. That'll be controlled either by which radios are enabled, or some other programming in the phone that chooses LTE.

Correct PRLs are only for 1x & EVDO.  Only thing it has to do with LTE is for enabling LTE scans per Geo.  For instance, there was nothing preventing my phone from scanning and showing C Spire's LTE on my Note2.  Since I didn't have authentication rights it just passed right on by, much like the beloved "donut" sites.

Whats up guys? My name is Aaron and I work for a tower company that specializes in SNV, specifically Ericsson equipment. We work the St. Louis and occasionally the KC market also. A friend told me about this site and I thought maybe I could help out by updating what towers that my company is working on. We mainly work south of I-70 and west of Rolla, but occasionally stray outside of our "box" or even to other markets.

Here is a before and after shot of our latest job in Joplin MO (600 E 50th St):

Before removal of flush-mount Legacy antennas and cross

9987330193_ef1b6f0381_b.jpg

Setting new platform with LTE antennas and old Legacys

9987064164_7b319ccb19_b.jpg

Cross going back up

9987170235_5a248e8c03_b.jpg

Close up of a sector up top 

9987297595_cb30fd8b89_b.jpg
  • Like 4

Whats up guys? My name is Aaron and I work for a tower company that specializes in SNV, specifically Ericsson equipment. We work the St. Louis and occasionally the KC market also. A friend told me about this site and I thought maybe I could help out by updating what towers that my company is working on. We mainly work south of I-70 and west of Rolla, but occasionally stray outside of our "box" or even to other markets.

Here is a before and after shot of our latest job in Joplin MO (600 E 50th St):

Before removal of flush-mount Legacy antennas and cross

Setting new platform with LTE antennas and old Legacys

Cross going back up

Close up of a sector up top 

Is this all the same site?

Awesome! Thanks. I have updated our information. Do you have info on any other sites?

Joplin is actually the KC market.

This week we finished:

1201 E Historic Hwy 66, Waynesville MO

33446 Dover Rd, Laurie MO

Next week will be:

7481 N Farm Road 209, Springfield MO

Not sure on the 2nd site as of right now, could potentially be 5396 Hwy 61, Imperial MO

• Like 3

This week we finished:

Next week will be:

Not sure on the 2nd site as of right now, could potentially be 5396 Hwy 61, Imperial MO

No, Joplin is part of the Missouri Market, even though the cascase ID starts with KC. 

This week we finished:

Next week will be:

Come whip our New Orleans market crews into shape please ;)  Haven't seen them around anywhere since June. 

Great info and thanks for the pics!

This week we finished:

Next week will be:

Sweet, thanks!

The market list we use here has it in Missouri, but I can see where it could be called KC on other market lists used for other things.

I tried to get a good old fashioned Ozark knife fight about which market Joplin was in a while back but  it got broke up by the moderators. Hmm might be a good time try that again Robert is busy moving....

The Joplin sites are officially in the Missouri market according to Sprint, but they run through the Kansas City switch. They are all NID 308 just like KC, whereas Springfield and the lakes are NID 41.

• Like 1

This week we finished:

Next week will be:

Wait I missed another construction...I thought I saw NV panels today but it was rainy so didn't think much of it...

This week we finished:

Next week will be:

I'm glad to see any Jefferson County news like the possible Imperial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 1

OH MY GAWD SPRINT GOT RID OF ALL THE TOWERS. :o

Sprint decided that it was impossible to make us all happy....therefore, the only way to keep it fair was to make us all mad.  Every tower was simultaneously destroyed an hour ago.  A reporter snapped a picture of Mr Hesse while he explained that he's had this card hidden up his sleeve the entire time.

Dark-Knight-Shooting-Joker-Severed-Head-

• Like 3

Just passed the recently accepted troy site on Dugan Ln. And did not pick up any LTE. on my way back home I'll stop by and see if I can get it. I don't expect to get any pictures because to get to it I would have to go past the guys house who owns the property, and I don't feel like getting shot at. You never know what those country people will do when you get on their property.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Just passed the recently accepted troy site on Dugan Ln. And did not pick up any LTE. on my way back home I'll stop by and see if I can get it. I don't expect to get any pictures because to get to it I would have to go past the guys house who owns the property, and I don't feel like getting shot at. You never know what those country people will do when you get on their property.

Yeah, I had a coworker that was only getting 1x from that site today.

Ok. So I was able to get LTE from that Dugan site. The S3 picked it up after a airplane mode toggle, but the LTEvo had to be switched to LTE only mode. And then after I switched it back to CDMA/LTE auto it dropped the LTE signal. So I don't know what's up with that. The evo also had a very low signal even though I was really close to it. It was between - 100 and - 110 dB. Odd. I will upload the pic of 3 digit in a few minutes. But here's the hex. By the way, this screen shot was in LTE only mode, that's why it isn't connected to 1x.

post-12502-13804898114422_thumb.jpg