Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

If only I enjoyed Android a bit more (I've only had experience with Gingerbread...) I'd be completely on board with it.  But I've never had an issue with my iPhone 4.  I'm torn now.

Android has come a long way since Gingerbread to Jelly Bean (and soon Kit Kat). I think any of the new high end Android phones you would enjoy very much. I have the HTC ONE, and would never trade it for an iOS device. That's my preference anyway.

• Like 2

Nope, that's the Cellular band which Apple has mistakenly been labeling as 800 for some time.

The SMR band is actually 800. And yes, 800 CDMA is primarily for voice, but can be a data path too if you can't pick up 1900 EVDO or LTE. It'll be slow, but still a data path. Data on that band takes a back seat to voice traffic, so more voice, slower data.

Hmm speaking of simultaneous voice and data. I know the G2 won't offer SVDO or the LTE equivalent but does anyone know if any manufacturer will support either/both or is this a standards issue?

Hmm speaking of simultaneous voice and data. I know the G2 won't offer SVDO or the LTE equivalent but does anyone know if any manufacturer will support either/both or is this a standards issue?

I believe the Note 3 and I could be wrong that it will support SVLTE

Android has come a long way since Gingerbread to Jelly Bean (and soon Kit Kat). I think any of the new high end Android phones you would enjoy very much. I have the HTC ONE, and would never trade it for an iOS device. That's my preference anyway.

I agree completely. I have a year old rooted and rommed HTC EVO 4G LTE that still rocks. I want the complete freedom to do (and sometimes fail) what I wish.

SVDO is a thing of the past, no current generation devices support SVDO. The latest devices do support SVLTE. However, any Tri-Band device will not support SVLTE, likely due to the number LTE radios needed to be crammed into the device.

Nope, that's the Cellular band which Apple has mistakenly been labeling as 800 for some time.The SMR band is actually 800. And yes, 800 CDMA is primarily for voice, but can be a data path too if you can't pick up 1900 EVDO or LTE. It'll be slow, but still a data path. Data on that band takes a back seat to voice traffic, so more voice, slower data.

Are you saying that LTE over 800 will be slow? How slow we talking?

Are you saying that LTE over 800 will be slow? How slow we talking?

I think he means that 800 CDMA (1x) data will be slow. There is no 3G on 800.

They beat me to it ignore my comment  above.

Well according to sprint its 3G....lol

I think he means that 800 CDMA (1x) data will be slow. There is no 3G on 800.

They beat me to it ignore my comment  above.

1x - CDMA - EVDO - they're all 3G technologies. So yes, 3G will be deployed on 800. But CDMA only. No EVDO.

1x - CDMA - EVDO - they're all 3G technologies. So yes, 3G will be deployed on 800. But CDMA only. No EVDO.

I'm sure you think you know what you thought I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize what I typed is not what I meant.

I know its all 3G but ... to me (maybe a lot of people) medium speed data is 3G. I know that's not right but thats  how I think about it. I think the little 3G icon has brainwashed me.  Your 100% right EVDO is what I should have said.

Here's what i have so far...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4484-missouri-market-nv-map/?p=206874

If you want to be on this sheet, pm me your info

Might add a column for 800 and 2600 LTE if they have a triband hotspot or dual/triband phone.. I don't. You never know when that info could come in handy. 

Do we have: 

An iPhone 5 or HTC User in:

St. Charles County

Kirkwood

Brentwood

N St. Louis City

S St. Louis City

Overland/Woodson Terrace

Oakville/Arnold

Belleville/Swansea

Jefferson City

Joplin

Branson

Northern Half of MO(North of I-70)

Samsung/LG/Moto/iPhone, etc Users in:

Belleville/Swansea

Jefferson City

Joplin

Branson

Northern Half of MO(North of I-70)

Kingshighway/Natural Bridge/Newstead

N St. Louis City

S St. Louis City

Springfield, MO

Between Rolla and Springfield on 44

South Central, MO

Or someone that commutes near these areas?

On Friday, I'll be able to check out Brentwood