Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

They are not going to launch the whole Missouri market at the same time. They haven't done this in any market to date. They certainly won't launch Columbia, but I could see the launching St. Louis and Jeff City next month. There is the required 40% POPs coverage in these cities. Jeff City in particular.

Did you see this? Still a long way to go.....

St. Louis Metro Area Percentages As of 9/15/2013

St. Louis City-NV Complete-28%-4G Complete-23%

St. Louis County-NV Complete-28%-4G Complete-27%

St. Charles County-NV Complete-25%-4G Complete-25%

Jefferson County-NV Complete 30%-4G Complete-23%

Madison County, IL-NV Complete 44%-4G Complete-38%

Jersey County, IL- NV Complete 100%-4G Complete 0%

St. Clair County, IL-NV Complete 28%-4G Complete-26%

Do we have: 

An iPhone 5 or HTC User in:

St. Charles County

Kirkwood

Brentwood

N St. Louis City

S St. Louis City

Overland/Woodson Terrace

Oakville/Arnold

Belleville/Swansea

Jefferson City

Joplin

Branson

Northern Half of MO(North of I-70)

Samsung/LG/Moto/iPhone, etc Users in:

Belleville/Swansea

Jefferson City

Joplin

Branson

Northern Half of MO(North of I-70)

Kingshighway/Natural Bridge/Newstead

N St. Louis City

S St. Louis City

Springfield, MO

Between Rolla and Springfield on 44

South Central, MO

Or someone that commutes near these areas?

Everyone pm me the city your live in, work in, and what device you have.

Ill get a list going.

I agree.

I just hope they don't launch anything until 800 is up and running all over. And seeing where we're at in the market priority list for 800 LTE rollouts (thanks, Robert!), I'm pretty sure they'll stick through the end of the year to see that through.

I am still confused on what "800" means. 

800mhz was the Nextel band that was shutdown this summer. Sprint is repurposing this band for CDMA and LTE. The benefit of this band is it is more far reaching and has the ability to penetrate buildings. Along with Sprint converting Clearwire sites over to do WiMax and LTE. This will be Sprint Tri Band. Phones out now support CDMA voice over 800mhz but not LTE. Tri Band LTE devices will be out next month.

See this article for Sprint slides on how 800 should affect services.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/01/13/sprints-1900mhz-network-vision-is-nice-but-the-800mhz-rollout-will-drop-your-jaw/

Sprint will be using the 800mhz spectrum to host cdma/LTE soon.  This spectrum was previously used by the nextel iDen network that was just shut down.  800mhz LTE should cover more area and be better for signal.

Adorable!  I would love to contribute to our coverage map, but hoping to get my hands on a 5s soon and hearing that Sensorly will not work with it right away?  (Currently with a 4... which wouldn't help anyone besides being an expensive paperweight.)

Sensorly is not compatible with iOS because Apple decided apps could not be granted the permissions to gather the information needed to map. Go Android if you want to map!

800mhz was the Nextel band that was shutdown this summer. Sprint is repurposing this band for CDMA and LTE. The benefit of this band is it is more far reaching and has the ability to penetrate buildings. Along with Sprint converting Clearwire sites over to do WiMax and LTE. This will be Sprint Tri Band. Phones out now support CDMA voice over 800mhz but not LTE. Tri Band LTE devices will be out next month.

See this article for Sprint slides on how 800 should affect services.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/01/13/sprints-1900mhz-network-vision-is-nice-but-the-800mhz-rollout-will-drop-your-jaw/

Sprint will be using the 800mhz spectrum to host cdma/LTE soon.  This spectrum was previously used by the nextel iDen network that was just shut down.  800mhz LTE should cover more area and be better for signal.

Gotcha.

So does that mean my Samsung Galaxy 4 won't be able take advantage of this?

Gotcha.

So does that mean my Samsung Galaxy 4 won't be able take advantage of this?

It will be able to take advantage of 800CDMA but not 800LTE. The LG G2 will be the first one to be Tri-Band LTE and the iPhone 5s will be 800LTE and 1900LTE but no 2600LTE.

• Like 1

Sensorly is not compatible with iOS because Apple decided apps could not be granted the permissions to gather the information needed to map. Go Android if you want to map!

If only I enjoyed Android a bit more (I've only had experience with Gingerbread...) I'd be completely on board with it.  But I've never had an issue with my iPhone 4.  I'm torn now.

So is 800 CDMA (isn't it actually 850?) just for HD voice or are there other uses?

Nope, that's the Cellular band which Apple has mistakenly been labeling as 800 for some time.

The SMR band is actually 800. And yes, 800 CDMA is primarily for voice, but can be a data path too if you can't pick up 1900 EVDO or LTE. It'll be slow, but still a data path. Data on that band takes a back seat to voice traffic, so more voice, slower data.