Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Technically it was accepted Tuesday  :P

Give him a break.  Long hours of building an Ark because of the Missouri flooding has his brain addled.  :)

It may be a SIM card issue. If the SIM associated with your account didn't get swapped when you swapped phones, LTE is not going to work. You'll need to get the number on the SIM card in your current phone, call or go into a Sprint store and have them update your account.

I called sprint and the number they had was different than my card, just went to best buy got a new sim card and LTE baby.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

Technically it was accepted Tuesday  :P

Give him a break.  Long hours of building an Ark because of the Missouri flooding has his brain addled.   :)

I could have sworn it was still Wednesday when I was posting that.... jeesh. What happened this week? Ha.

That's insane.

And probably because STL/MO had such awful WiMax and 3G deployments.

I had great WiMax in Midtown and downtown while I went to SLU. Even at Delmar Loop and the Galleria. 3G speeds never started becoming a problem til this past year when I switched from the EVO 3D to LTE.

I had great WiMax in Midtown and downtown while I went to SLU. Even at Delmar Loop and the Galleria. 3G speeds never started becoming a problem til this past year when I switched from the EVO 3D to LTE.

The northern part of the Metro East never got WiMax, and the little time that I had my Evo 3D after moving to Collinsville i didn't experience good coverage. Maryville, Troy, Fairview, Ofallon, Belleville never got it either.

Wimax is really good in st Louis/st Charles counties.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I get better WiMax speeds than LTE speeds 95% of the time. WiMax is consistent and never slows down, wish I could say that for LTE. I am hoping it is a temporary thing.

• Like 1

The northern part of the Metro East never got WiMax, and the little time that I had my Evo 3D after moving to Collinsville i didn't experience good coverage. Maryville, Troy, Fairview, Ofallon, Belleville never got it either.

I was living in Edwardsville and Belleville at the time... I was quite disappointed.

I was living in Edwardsville and Belleville at the time... I was quite disappointed.

Edwardsville and Collinsville have it now but pretty much anything else outside of the 255 corridor is out of the question. Then there were the protection sites like Carbondale, Murphysboro, Marion, Centralia, Mt. Vernon etc but they still never did anything with Metro East. 

If we can't win the actual # of towers upgraded, we're gonna make sure we win the most active market thread.

I think a lot of the other folks moved their convos to the Sponsor side to stay on the safe side. I kind of like it how we do it now because the other thread is mostly OK guys and the conversations are kind of missed. It does suck having to post something on here and then posting the Sponsor info on the other side. However, I feel that having it on the public side we can attract more spotters. I mean look how many lurkers came out of the woodworks in the last few weeks. We just have to be careful.

• Like 2

I get better WiMax speeds than LTE speeds 95% of the time. WiMax is consistent and never slows down, wish I could say that for LTE. I am hoping it is a temporary thing.

I am 99.9% certain that once more sites are up and running the congestion and coverage issues will be taken care of. Just think of it this way. If you have a cable modem and wireless router and you have 1 person do a speedtest and get 30mbps and then you have 5 people do it at the same time you aren't going to get near that. Add another 5 and you basically have 3G speeds. There is only so much that can go through the pipe at once. Once it is all complete, everywhere, they can adjust the downtilt to the correct settings and less people will be connected to the same site. 

I think a lot of the other folks moved their convos to the Sponsor side to stay on the safe side. I kind of like it how we do it now because the other thread is mostly OK guys and the conversations are kind of missed. It does suck having to post something on here and then posting the Sponsor info on the other side. However, I feel that having it on the public side we can attract more spotters. I mean look how many lurkers came out of the woodworks in the last few weeks. We just have to be careful.

True me that. I know I could contribute more because I travel this area so much. I understand the Sponsor fees though, I just afford to be one.

I am 99.9% certain that once more sites are up and running the congestion and coverage issues will be taken care of. Just think of it this way. If you have a cable modem and wireless router and you have 1 person do a speedtest and get 30mbps and then you have 5 people do it at the same time you aren't going to get near that. Add another 5 and you basically have 3G speeds. There is only so much that can go through the pipe at once. Once it is all complete, everywhere, they can adjust the downtilt to the correct settings and less people will be connected to the same site. 

I am sure you are 100% right. It's just funny how the coverage will come and go, usually within a few minutes!

And there will be 800, 1900, and 2500 LTE pipes on each site to tap into, each with more bandwidth than Wimax.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And there will be 800, 1900, and 2500 LTE pipes on each site to tap into, each with more bandwidth than Wimax.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Does each band have its own fiber connection? I figured at least 800 and 1900 would all run through the same backhaul, thus it would be shared. I figured 2500 would have its own connection.

Posted Image

Considering this is from the Dollar General parking lot in High Ridge but the 4G site is the Old Lemay Ferry Rd in Imperial that is an excellent range to still pull this speed.

Sent from my HTC One on Tapatalk Beta 4

Does each band have its own fiber connection? I figured at least 800 and 1900 would all run through the same backhaul, thus it would be shared. I figured 2500 would have its own connection.

I guess that would depend what sort of bandwidth they are ordering. Gigabit links would likely be divided up since they should have a bit of room to do so.

Once everything with Clear and Sprint gets settled out, and sites begin to be consolidated, everything should run off of one bakchaul link. For the time being, 1900 and 800 will run off the same link, but 2500 will likely be separate.