Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

And Nixa is up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Get SCID?

Just like on the north side of town... no usable LTE. I visited both sides of town, drove right by both all three towers/water towers and did not get a single hit of LTE. Cycling data and everything. I think someone is messing with us.

When I activated the One last night the guy told me the sim card had nothing to do with LTE...he told me it was only for international...Was he wrong? The sim that was in it was left in it. Its activated and connects to LTE. Its strange but it seems the One is not performing as well as the GNex in terms of being able to hold an LTE signal.

Without the SIM card, you wouldn't be able to connect to LTE.

• Like 1

Just like on the north side of town... no usable LTE. I visited both sides of town, drove right by both all three towers/water towers and did not get a single hit of LTE. Cycling data and everything. I think someone is messing with us.

Conspiracy of Springfield LTE

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This, I don't understand...You sure its not just your phone?

This, I don't understand...You sure its not just your phone?

I'm sure. Driving back from KC on Monday morning I had LTE all the way almost til Clinton. Nothing has changed on my phone since then. I'm wondering if they're not in the "donut" phase as Digi calls it, and only connect if you can hand off from another live site, or manage to catch it every once in a while when it actually allows connections properly. My phone did take an extremely long time to reconnect to data when I cycled, much longer than it usually does when it goes straight to 3G, so maybe the signal was there, but it's not authenticating properly. Regardless, no usable LTE as of this evening.

I'm sure. Driving back from KC on Monday morning I had LTE all the way almost til Clinton. Nothing has changed on my phone since then. I'm wondering if they're not in the "donut" phase as Digi calls it, and only connect if you can hand off from another live site, or manage to catch it every once in a while when it actually allows connections properly. My phone did take an extremely long time to reconnect to data when I cycled, much longer than it usually does when it goes straight to 3G, so maybe the signal was there, but it's not authenticating properly. Regardless, no usable LTE as of this evening.

Did you notice a difference in LTE performance/reception when you switched to the One? I would have thought this One would perform better than my GNex but that is not turning out to be the case. Places where I got fringe connection on my GNex(and have gotten decent speedtest results) aren't connecting at all on the One. And it will drop connection even when I am right by the site and then if I toggle airplane it will come back...

Did you notice a difference in LTE performance/reception when you switched to the One? I would have thought this One would perform better than my GNex but that is not turning out to be the case. Places where I got fringe connection on my GNex(and have gotten decent speedtest results) aren't connecting at all on the One. And it will drop connection even when I am right by the site and then if I toggle airplane it will come back...

I didn't notice a drop in performance, if anything I got better LTE reception. I've had the EVO LTE, GS3, and now the ONE. Each one saw an improvement in LTE reception. Well, the ONE is pretty much on par with the GS3. I haven't really had a chance to put it side-by-side with the ONE. The GS3 is on my dad's line now, so hopefully I'll be able to take a closer look at that soon.

4 LTE updates today.

2 in the STL metro, one in Macon, one in Marshfield.

Marshfield...very interesting.  

4 LTE updates today.

2 in the STL metro, one in Macon, one in Marshfield.

So that makes 12 updates in a week - 8 on the last acceptance report, 4 on this. Wow. At this rate, they'll be launching a half-finished Missouri market as complete soon!

I didn't notice a drop in performance, if anything I got better LTE reception. I've had the EVO LTE, GS3, and now the ONE. Each one saw an improvement in LTE reception. Well, the ONE is pretty much on par with the GS3. I haven't really had a chance to put it side-by-side with the ONE. The GS3 is on my dad's line now, so hopefully I'll be able to take a closer look at that soon.

Maybe its the fact that the GNex didn't know it had a poor signal.

Maybe its the fact that the GNex didn't know it had a poor signal.

That's probably more like it. From what I hear the one is quick to drop a bad signal.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint working super fast as usual.

yzygaget.jpg

I'm getting ready to move offices at work from an interior office to an office with a window. Moving from the first floor of our building to the third... I was excited to get off the extended network and see a few bars of 3G pop up in the new space, so I fired up speedtest..... and got a 567ms ping with .11Mbps down and a timed out upload.

Progress, I suppose.

Here is a pic of my LTE speeds....

OH WAIT...

There isn't any here.   <_<

Here is a pic of my LTE speeds....

OH WAIT...

There isn't any here.   <_<

I can do this all day... ;)  here's a pic of my EVDO signal...oh wait.  It's stuck on this site, burns a hole through your battery and jumps channels trying to connect all day..  since November 2012. 

DEADEVDO.png

• Like 1

I can do this all day... ;)  here's a pic of my EVDO signal...oh wait.  It's stuck on this site, burns a hole through your battery and jumps channels trying to connect all day..  since November 2012. 

Would we call this one-upmanship or (in Sprint's case) one-downmanship?  :P

• Like 1