Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Just so you know, on the N5, SignalCheck will show both types of Serving Cell ID.

I don't get this tower on my n5, a friend with note 2 reported it to me.

• Like 1

Is there any real difference between Android 4.3 and 4.4 or is basically just bug fixes and firmware upgrades?

One is a jelly bean and one is a kit kat!

Really though, I have yet to experience 4.4 first hand but from the write-ups I've read....there are quite a few changes.  The significance of those changes is up to the individual to decide on though

Edit:  I found a pretty good review of the changes if you have some time to read.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/11/android-4-4-kitkat-thoroughly-reviewed/

Is there any real difference between Android 4.3 and 4.4 or is basically just bug fixes and firmware upgrades?

There are a lot of under-the-hood changes not immediately obvious to users. The Ars article linked above is a pretty good run-down. Apparently the way applications are written will be different going forward. How apps load and run in the background also changed a bit, and 4.4 lays the groundwork for ART.

There are a lot of under-the-hood changes not immediately obvious to users. The Ars article linked above is a pretty good run-down. Apparently the way applications are written will be different going forward. How apps load and run in the background also changed a bit, and 4.4 lays the groundwork for ART.

It's exciting stuff that the 'ole Dalvik JIT compiler will be replaced by the ART....I can't wait for it to be ready for prime-time.

• Like 1

Anyone with the g2 or nexus getting LTE on yellow dots yet?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes. Some of them I have to toggle airplane mode or do a Perl update.