Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Just grabbed this from the Osage Beach area. In Walmart parking lot. Was pulling about 7 Mbps down. Then I believe it dropped because it wouldn't do a upload test.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Posted Image

Got this just down the road from you, going to visit site this afternoon.

Rickie

Tapatalk on my LG g2

People have talked about the Spark speeds here and the LG Nexus 5s picking up on them.  Is that the same thing as the 800 MHz coverage, or is that a totally different animal?  I understand the 800 MHz is supposed to dramatically improve coverage and signal penetration.

Also, are all St. Louis-area towers set for Spark/800 MHz?  If so, is there any timeline on that?

People have talked about the Spark speeds here and the LG Nexus 5s picking up on them. Is that the same thing as the 800 MHz coverage, or is that a totally different animal? I understand the 800 MHz is supposed to dramatically improve coverage and signal penetration.

Also, are all St. Louis-area towers set for Spark/800 MHz? If so, is there any timeline on that?

Different animal, 2600 peak speeds can be well over what you can get on 800/1900. Speeds on 800 LTE have the same peak speed limit as 1900, but 800 will often have a better signal than 1900 and will be far less crowded for the near future so I expect much better average speed on it than 1900.

People have talked about the Spark speeds here and the LG Nexus 5s picking up on them.  Is that the same thing as the 800 MHz coverage, or is that a totally different animal?  I understand the 800 MHz is supposed to dramatically improve coverage and signal penetration.

Also, are all St. Louis-area towers set for Spark/800 MHz?  If so, is there any timeline on that?

I have not seen any confirmed lte2600 on nexus 5's yet.

There are some lte2600 towers active st louis, but need a G2 to get them, so far.

lte800 is not rolled out in stl, have not heard any time line yet, though I hope they will start lighting up soon, 800 should help coverage a lot.

Anyone with the g2 or nexus getting LTE on yellow dots yet?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been able to connect to "yellow" sites just fine.

Got this just down the road from you, going to visit site this afternoon.

Rickie

Tapatalk on my LG g2

That's the error screen, not connected to anything.

Yellow site?

On band 41?

On nexus 5?

Screenshots please.

Yellow as in 3G/4G. I haven't been able to pick up B41 yet either.

I thought Lilg740 would be posting N5 update by now. Maybe he is the type that reads the manual.

< nothing to see here, move along >

Sorry. Picked it up at like 4. Got back to the office at like 4:15. Finally got it activated and got my MSL by 5. Ran around and did some testing. No problems really. Enabled B41. Ran out to the closest B41 site, no B41. It is a colocated site. I am going to try the one in Granite that is not colocated with Sprint. My wife went out tonight so i was stuck at home with the children by myself so no computer til now.

• Like 1

So I've notice with my G2 that when I"m going down 270 and I connect to the Missouri Bottom near 270 site I can connect to it. As I keep going on towards 70 that site does not hand my lte connection off to the Bridgeton City Hall site. Drops every time.  Neither site is yellow. Any clue why that is happening?

Still haven't picked up LTE on the tower that was accepted, but I was just driving through town and picked up LTE for a split second. Very weak signal and it was gone before I knew it. It was definitely not one of the three towers around me (I just drove by all three and network cycled each time and got nothing). I'm wondering if the Moorehouse site is live. I'll probably swing in that direction later today.