Galaxy s21 leaks and rumors

dkyeager

23 hours ago, mmark27 said:

yes, sorry, I must have missed this question above. Boots into T-mobile, your Sprint life is long gone. You are all pink now my friend! 

Our markets (Milwaukee and Madison) are really great for TNX usage. Sprint towers and T-mobile towers mix like you saw on TNA, but the speeds are far better on either towers on TNX than on TNA, in my experience. I'll test out the USCC roaming in Western Wisconsin on June 12th when I make my annual pilgrimage West to pick up our side of beef. I am rarely without a Sprint or T-mobile signal and have picked up ATT when not around Madison otherwise. 

Interestingly, before I did TNX I never had N71 NSA (NOT SA), but now I do.  From searching this seems to be a fluke, but that certainly is a good improvement I didn't expect.  I know SA is a TNX benefit, but I wasn't seeing NSA on N71 before, only N41.

49 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Interestingly, before I did TNX I never had N71 NSA (NOT SA), but now I do.  From searching this seems to be a fluke, but that certainly is a good improvement I didn't expect.  I know SA is a TNX benefit, but I wasn't seeing NSA on N71 before, only N41.

I am not on a TNX sim, and I MOSTLY see N71 NSA.  I hardly see N41 NSA.

4 hours ago, jreuschl said:

That is pretty strange. I wonder if something was accidentally turned off in some random update that was turned back on when your profile was updated by moving over to TNX.

Has anyone here bought an unlocked S21 (Ultra 512GB), loaded T-Mobile firmware, and then been whitelisted for T-Mobile roaming on US Cellular? My understanding is this is possible and that T-Mobile firmware is required to be whitelisted.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:24 AM, dkyeager said:

Has anyone here bought an unlocked S21 (Ultra 512GB), loaded T-Mobile firmware, and then been whitelisted for T-Mobile roaming on US Cellular? My understanding is this is possible and that T-Mobile firmware is required to be whitelisted.

In distinguishing between T-Mobile-branded and non-TMobile branded Androids for roaming purposes,  I had assumed it uses the IMEI but I could be wrong.  Of course it should not be making such a distinction in the first place, but people say it does.

Some have suggested that you can cure such issues by moving the sim to an iPhone for a few hours, which causes T-Mobile to whitelist the sim and it stays whitelisted even when moved back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went to the T-Mobile store to have them install T-Mobile SIM cards in our phones.  They had issues getting them to work with both our phones (wife has in iPhone 11).  But they finally got it working. 

No noticeable difference in service. 

On 6/23/2021 at 10:27 AM, clbowens said:

Yeah, doesn't look like it's available for the S21 yet.

Same here, just tried checking again.  Saw an article last night (think it was SamMobile but can't remember 100% for sure) that said they'd finally pushed the June update to the USA though, so hopefully some of us at least will start seeing it in the next few days.  Supposed to patch the overheating issue for one thing in addition to the security patching (which, I ran into that the hard way over the weekend trying to capture some video while another file was uploading to Google Drive).

38 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

*#0011# perhaps?

No, not that one.  It was where you could see which CA combos were configured, amoung lots of other settings.  You need MSL code to change settings

55 minutes ago, clbowens said:

No, not that one.  It was where you could see which CA combos were configured, amoung lots of other settings.  You need MSL code to change settings

That I believe is ##DATA# if it works on a T-Mobile SIM. Not sure if there is an equivalent for T-Mobile.

15 hours ago, clbowens said:

Closest thing I can think of is #*2263#

Sprint S21 here, with T-Mobile SIM card installed last week.  Since the SIM install, I've been seen NSA 5G.  Now today, I saw SA 5G pop up.  Speed test was slower than NSA, but it was nice to see SA.

• Like 2

I'll be joining the S21 Ultra club, didn't realize I was leasing my S20 Ultra so ironically my lease is pretty much up so I ordered the S21 Ultra 128GB in silver, wanted the 256GB but black is boring imo. Should be here friday.

• Like 3

Got my Ultra, not much of a difference over my my S20 Ultra, cameras are slightly improved, WQHD+ is nice at 120Hz. That's about it, the design is a lot better though, otherwise it's more or less the same but cheaper. 

• Like 1