Galaxy s21 leaks and rumors

dkyeager

Got this case today and it's exactly what I'm looking for. Very thin polycarbonate material, cut out for buttons. Not big on large drop protection, but much thinner in the pocket. If anyone else needs a minimalist case for cheap. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PV565DT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 1/29/2021 at 9:37 PM, mmark27 said:

So the TNX SIM had me connecting to B25, B26, B41 on Sprint just fine. Roamed on ATT, VZW, and my T-mobile NR 5G speeds were well over 100 mbps down, 25ish up. On these same 5G signals with Sprint SIM, the speeds were abysmal. Very happy thus far with my TNX plunge! 

This S21 Ultra is pretty awesome and really not that much bigger than my S20+ in the hand, really. Clearly heavier, but really solid performance thus far. 

Good to hear of your positive responses from another WI user.

I wonder why 5G is better using TNX..  are you on 5G SA frequently?

5 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Good to hear of your positive responses from another WI user.

I wonder why 5G is better using TNX..  are you on 5G SA frequently?

I'll admit, I'm not sure where I find the "stand alone" information? Is it when it's connected to 5G-NR and that's the only signal shown in SCP??? 

I notice that in the areas where I had "5G" with my Sprint SIM through B66 now has "5G-NR" as the only thing (or section) reported in SCP.  There's no LTE-AWS reported or any other type of signal. 

1 minute ago, mmark27 said:

I'll admit, I'm not sure where I find the "stand alone" information? Is it when it's connected to 5G-NR and that's the only signal shown in SCP??? 

I notice that in the areas where I had "5G" with my Sprint SIM through B66 now has "5G-NR" as the only thing (or section) reported in SCP.  There's no LTE-AWS reported or any other type of signal. 

Yes, then you are on 5G SA if it only shows this based on what I've seen in other posts.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, clbowens said:

Feb security update downloading now.  I'm on a Sprint S21 with Sprint SIM.  It also has camera improvement and device performance improvement

lol, the one morning I didn't check! 

S21 Ultra on TNX also downloading same update ending xxxxAUAG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone having an issue with the call screener app?  On my S10, it would identify (or at least try to) all my calls.  Now it only works sometimes.  

I've deleted the data for the app multiple times with no success.

Also, since I'm now using T-Mobile network (since I have a 5G phone), does call screener not work anymore?  Do I have to use scam shield?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 2:10 PM, clbowens said:

Is anyone having an issue with the call screener app?  On my S10, it would identify (or at least try to) all my calls.  Now it only works sometimes.  

I've deleted the data for the app multiple times with no success.

Also, since I'm now using T-Mobile network (since I have a 5G phone), does call screener not work anymore?  Do I have to use scam shield?

Yes, I've seen that scam shield rarely works for me as well. I'm on TNX so I don't have call screener app anymore just the reported "superior" scam shield, but it doesn't seem to work very well. I get scam texts and calls quite a bit. 

Anyone have any background info on why the 512GB and now the 256GB ultra models are in sold out status? Chip shortage? Covid-19 related production problems? Lack of LG as a competitor in the US?

• 4 weeks later...

FYSA for anyone that didn't already get the text, T-Mo is 'celebrating' one year since the merger by offering 50% off the Galaxy S21's if you're upgrading from an acceptable phone.   

I was able to get the base S21 256gb model (though I have to wait a few weeks since I suppose they're backordered) for $19.21 x 24 = $461.04 total via installment plan.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

FYSA for anyone that didn't already get the text, T-Mo is 'celebrating' one year since the merger by offering 50% off the Galaxy S21's if you're upgrading from an acceptable phone.   

I was able to get the base S21 256gb model (though I have to wait a few weeks since I suppose they're backordered) for $19.21 x 24 = $461.04 total via installment plan.

My son is on a paid off iPhone XR.  they sent him a text also, but for an iPhone 12.  he's upgrading to an iPhone 12 for about $150.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

I got nothing even when I try to do it manually it's asking full price, guess I don't qualify but then again the S21 is a downgrade so it doesn't bother me.

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I got nothing even when I try to do it manually it's asking full price, guess I don't qualify but then again the S21 is a downgrade so it doesn't bother me.

I tried on 2 other lines and got the same, including my wife's LG G7.  It was only my G8X line where I got the discount.  I couldn't find anything external to the text about the news or which phones they accept or not either.

Also apparently the auto-message during the initial order message was wrong - the S21 got shipped overnight to me.  I'm currently installing the April security update on it before attempting to activate it.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 2:30 PM, PythonFanPA said:

Used their trade in deal for a "free" S21, or greatly reduced S21+ or Ultra. Went with the Ultra, $250 (plus tax) to upgrade and no monthly cost. Not gonna complain!

• Like 1

Yeah the G8X wasn't worth enough for that level of credit for me.  The funny thing is, I've yet to see or get anything email or otherwise about turning the LG in as part of the deal though.   There was nothing about it whatsoever in the box the S21 came in certainly.

1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

Yeah the G8X wasn't worth enough for that level of credit for me.  The funny thing is, I've yet to see or get anything email or otherwise about turning the LG in as part of the deal though.   There was nothing about it whatsoever in the box the S21 came in certainly.

They took an LG G8... G8X ought to have been enough. Although now that I look at the fine print, it doesn't list the G8X. Weird.

The phone ships separate of the return kit. If they even ship a return kit. The last time they just emailed a shipping label and it went into my spam so I missed it.

it's been a year since Sprint joined T-Mobile and we're celebrating YOU being part of the family with this exclusive offer—
a FREE Samsung Galaxy S21 5G when trading in your current eligible device.

Qualifying credit, service, & trade in (Apple: iPhone 11, X, XR, XS, 8, 8Plus, SE2; Samsung: A71, S10, S20 5G (base model), Note20 5G (base model), S20 FE 5G, Note10 series, S9 series, Note9 series, S8 series, Note8 series; Google: Pixel 4 series, Pixel 3A series, Pixel 3 series; OnePlus: 8 5G, 8T+, 7T Pro, 7 Pro, 7T, 7; LG: V60, V50, G8)

1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

They took an LG G8... G8X ought to have been enough. Although now that I look at the fine print, it doesn't list the G8X. Weird.

Whatever calculation was done, it was done automatically by the system.  I checked 2 other lines and no change there (one was a G7).  So I suppose they just didn't publicize the G8X, though if they accept a regular G8 it would stand to reason they'd take a G8X too.  I doubt they'd credit anymore for a regular G8 than I got though.  I'd be curious to see what the system offers someone with a V60 5G.   

I kind of wish I'd have been able to get at least an S21+ 256GB for half off, its a little hard adjusting to the size downgrade to 6.2, but now that I finally have a Supcase for the S21 I'm noticing the actual size differential isn't as large as it seems with no case at all - the thing felt tiny by comparison.

7 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

Whatever calculation was done, it was done automatically by the system.  I checked 2 other lines and no change there (one was a G7).  So I suppose they just didn't publicize the G8X, though if they accept a regular G8 it would stand to reason they'd take a G8X too.  I doubt they'd credit anymore for a regular G8 than I got though.  I'd be curious to see what the system offers someone with a V60 5G.   

I kind of wish I'd have been able to get at least an S21+ 256GB for half off, its a little hard adjusting to the size downgrade to 6.2, but now that I finally have a Supcase for the S21 I'm noticing the actual size differential isn't as large as it seems with no case at all - the thing felt tiny by comparison.

I traded in my Dad's LG G8 and got the S21 for free + tax. Upgraded it to the 256MB version for $2 a month. Maybe a different promo?

I should add, the phones were completely paid off, so that might have impacted the promo.

• Like 1

Possibly....or maybe they just really only gave half credit for the G8X (keep in mind this is the base phone I have and not the dual screen btw, though the regular G8 didn't have a dual option anyway).   Without it being officially on the list of acceptable phones for the 'free' deal though its hard to complain I guess.