Galaxy s21 leaks and rumors

dkyeager

Actually going back to my original post it was definitely a different promo.  The text came in Tuesday after Easter about it and it does explicitly say 50% off with eligible trade in.  And it was probably just targeted at my specific line too, my wife didn't get that text.

9 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

Actually going back to my original post it was definitely a different promo.  The text came in Tuesday after Easter about it and it does explicitly say 50% off with eligible trade in.  And it was probably just targeted at my specific line too, my wife didn't get that text.

Ah, yeah that would do it. This one targeted the three lines that didn't have any payments left on them. Email came on Thursday. I went to the store to do one of the upgrades and they did say it was a company wide promo. If there are any other lines needing upgrades and are paid off, might be eligible. 

4daoXlp.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Ah, yeah that would do it. This one targeted the three lines that didn't have any payments left on them. Email came on Thursday. I went to the store to do one of the upgrades and they did say it was a company wide promo. If there are any other lines needing upgrades and are paid off, might be eligible. 

4daoXlp.jpg

Yeah, we got this (as a text message) on my son's line, that was already paid off.  For an iPhone12.

I went to the store to do one of the upgrades and they did say it was a company wide promo. If there are any other lines needing upgrades and are paid off, might be eligible. 

Given the highest level device is an LG G7 (my wife's), and its not on the acceptable list, I don't think we'd be able to do it....but I suppose I could find and call a store and ask to be sure.

8 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Given the highest level device is an LG G7 (my wife's), and its not on the acceptable list, I don't think we'd be able to do it....but I suppose I could find and call a store and ask to be sure.

Dang, yeah not on the list. But never hurts to ask. Might still get something for trading it in (if that's something you want to do).

Dang, yeah not on the list. But never hurts to ask. Might still get something for trading it in (if that's something you want to do).

The LG G7 seems to be missing from several of these trade in promo's.  When I got my S20 FE the G7 was listed on one list for the 500 dollar trade in credit but was missing from another list when I went to the store to do the actual trade in.  I got my trade in credit ok, but it made me worry about it a little.

Now I can't seem to find the LG G7 listed for any of the trade in's.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my dad's S21 activated today. Seems like a pretty good device, and he's happy to have a new phone instead of a second-hand one from me ha.

Still waiting on the Ultra. Going on 20 days since the order. No estimated shipping date...

15 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Got my dad's S21 activated today. Seems like a pretty good device, and he's happy to have a new phone instead of a second-hand one from me ha.

Still waiting on the Ultra. Going on 20 days since the order. No estimated shipping date...

Ordered my S21 two weeks ago, says shipping between 4/30 and 5/12. Not holding my breath.

10 minutes ago, jasonsteele said:

Ordered my S21 two weeks ago, says shipping between 4/30 and 5/12. Not holding my breath.

That was the same window on my dad's S21, but got notice that it was going to ship last night, arrived here this afternoon. Hoping they get it out to you soon!

3 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

That was the same window on my dad's S21, but got notice that it was going to ship last night, arrived here this afternoon. Hoping they get it out to you soon!

Same here, was originally at order time slated to be 2-3 weeks out before even available (and mine's a 256gb version), next thing I know a shipment notification came in email later that night and it was on my doorstep the next day.

11 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

11 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Same here, was originally at order time slated to be 2-3 weeks out before even available (and mine's a 256gb version), next thing I know a shipment notification came in email later that night and it was on my doorstep the next day.

Just got notified it will be here Monday. Yippee!

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 11:09 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

Got the notification that my Ultra will be delivered Monday too!

Delivered this afternoon. Didn't get to set it up until a short time ago. Still downloading/installing apps. Haven't activated yet. Didn't activate out of the box like I thought it would.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jreuschl said:

I'm finally going to TNX.  Does the S21 boot in T-Mobile mode after this, or should I flash T-Mobile firmware? (or even unlocked..)

Are you able to flash T-Mobile firmware to unlocked without breaking knox (being rooted)? My understanding is T-Mobile firmware is required to be able to roam on US Cellular (in parts of WV, WI, IA, OR etc) and even then you likely need to be whitelisted?

At least with the unlocked you can also get more ram and storage.

Per my question above, I was unsure.  FYI: The "Sprint" S21 and "T-Moble" S21 share the same software, which makes sense since once you put in a T-Mobile SIM for TNX, it becomes T-Mobile on booup.

6 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Per my question above, I was unsure.  FYI: The "Sprint" S21 and "T-Moble" S21 share the same software, which makes sense since once you put in a T-Mobile SIM for TNX, it becomes T-Mobile on booup.

yes, sorry, I must have missed this question above. Boots into T-mobile, your Sprint life is long gone. You are all pink now my friend! 

Our markets (Milwaukee and Madison) are really great for TNX usage. Sprint towers and T-mobile towers mix like you saw on TNA, but the speeds are far better on either towers on TNX than on TNA, in my experience. I'll test out the USCC roaming in Western Wisconsin on June 12th when I make my annual pilgrimage West to pick up our side of beef. I am rarely without a Sprint or T-mobile signal and have picked up ATT when not around Madison otherwise. 

When you guys gets a voicemail, do you get the notification from the dial-in voicemail AND the visual voice mail. If you deal with the visual voice mail, you STILL have to call into the dial-in voicemail to get rid of the notification? It's happening on both my phone S21 Ultra and my wife's S21+. Super duper annoying. Is there any fix or work around?? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

When you guys gets a voicemail, do you get the notification from the dial-in voicemail AND the visual voice mail. If you deal with the visual voice mail, you STILL have to call into the dial-in voicemail to get rid of the notification? It's happening on both my phone S21 Ultra and my wife's S21+. Super duper annoying. Is there any fix or work around?? 

Haven't had a voicemail since I got the phone... so not sure. I'll try to note if I do ever get one haha.