Galaxy s21 leaks and rumors

dkyeager

Ordered the S21 Ultra 512GB and S21 plus 128GB. Ultra says shipping 2/2-2/17? You guys see the same?

Excited for the camera revamp and laser autofocus on the S21 Ultra. Very glad I held out on the S20 Ultra last year. Also hopeful that they actually ring when people call me. Lol, The New T-Mobile.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Ordered the S21 Ultra 512GB and S21 plus 128GB. Ultra says shipping 2/2-2/17? You guys see the same?

Excited for the camera revamp and laser autofocus on the S21 Ultra. Very glad I held out on the S20 Ultra last year. Also hopeful that they actually ring when people call me. Lol, The New T-Mobile.

Aaand, now I have shipping notification for both phones. Sweet.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 4:44 PM, sunmybun said:

its the tnx tmobile sim card.

itll let you use tmobile as primary network.

you will be able to use tmobiles sa 5g.

So that was NOT a sim card.  It was just a piece if paper showing me how to move the sim from my current phone to the new phone.

3 minutes ago, clbowens said:

So that was NOT a sim card.  It was just a piece if paper showing me how to move the sim from my current phone to the new phone.

Guh, so Sprint SIM comes in the phone and we still have to go to a lousy T-mobile store to get the TNX SIM???

My sister just upgraded an iphone and it was the same deal there, Sprint SIM in phone, no TNX SIM in package.

My delivery is today UPS just notified me.

3 hours ago, clbowens said:

what the... lol

im waiting for my package to come.

when i ordered the phone, the order said that itll come with a diff type of sim. but i guess not.

thanks for the heads up.

ill update you guys once i get the package.

• Like 2

My wife's S21+ arrived today.  There is a T-Mobile SIM in the shipping box, loose, but the phone says Sprint Kit, so I think the Sprint SIM is inside the phone.  Not sure yet as I will let her cut the seal.

Her S9+ falls back to Sprint 1x in her school, so I think Sprint SIM will be the way to go... for now.  I don't think T-Mobile works very well in her school due to no towers being nearby.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bill875 said:

My wife's S21+ arrived today.  There is a T-Mobile SIM in the shipping box, loose, but the phone says Sprint Kit, so I think the Sprint SIM is inside the phone.  Not sure yet as I will let her cut the seal.

Her S9+ falls back to Sprint 1x in her school, so I think Sprint SIM will be the way to go... for now.  I don't think T-Mobile works very well in her school due to no towers being nearby.

I'm really on the fence about putting in the TNX sim too. My area has better Sprint coverage, though I usually am on B66 from T mobile. Maybe I'll activate with the Sprint SIM at first and see how it goes. 

Can we switch back to the Sprint SIM if we use the TNX SIM?? I am very unfamiliar with SIMs and whatnot. 

14 minutes ago, clbowens said:

Yeah, mine came with a Sprint sim installed.  No other sim included.

Spoke to my friend at T-Mobile about the TNX SIMs.... apparently TNX is targeted. It's based on your top 20 pinged towers over a month. If TMO, you get the TNX SIMs. It doesn't really matter for 5G devices though, all of our devices are automatically put on to TMO and roam on Sprint. So if you don't get one in your box, the former applies to you, you ping more Sprint towers. But getting the TNX won't necessarily degrade your network experience, however there's no going back to Romahome after your number goes to TNX. (According to him)

I think that if they don't send you one, then I wouldn't seek one out. My wife's phone does have the TNX SIM in the box, so I'll just install it on hers. She'll complain soon enough if it sucks, then I'll know not to do mine ;)

Got my (unlocked, directly from Samsung) S21 in at 3:50p today, along with the Qi charger (which includes a 25W wall charger!) and Buds+.

The Sprint SIM from my S20 worked fine in the S21, though when activating I was prompted with an "are you sure you don't want to get a T-Mobile SIM for this?" message, probably because I'm on TMo towers 100% of the time when in Austin (if I was in Fredericksburg it'd be majority 312-250).

Seems like the radio in the S21 is a bit stronger; I'm at the edge of n41 coverage at my kitchen table and was able to pull a few Mbps more than I recall getting on the S20. Additionally, upload speeds seem better on n71; was able to hit 40 Mbps pretty easily where the S20 would hit 30-35.

I'm not seeing NR CA, but I'm not sure whether that's a limitation of the Sprint SIM or whether it just hasn't been turned on here.

I have the S21 in hand and activated.  Loving it so far, after the latest update.  It came with a Sprint SIM installed, but I moved the SIM from my old phone over to it, like the paper they sent me said to do.  Then activated it online.  That went smoothly.

I have access to T-Mobile's 5G, so in SCP it says I'm on either B66, B2 or B12.  But that's probably b/c I'm in a T-Mobile 5G area.

If I go to an area with only LTE (no T-Mobile 5G), would it then go back to Sprint LTE?

I have the S21 in hand and activated.  Loving it so far, after the latest update.  It came with a Sprint SIM installed, but I moved the SIM from my old phone over to it, like the paper they sent me said to do.  Then activated it online.  That went smoothly.

I have access to T-Mobile's 5G, so in SCP it says I'm on either B66, B2 or B12.  But that's probably b/c I'm in a T-Mobile 5G area.

If I go to an area with only LTE (no T-Mobile 5G), would it then go back to Sprint LTE?

Was your old sim a sprint sim or a TNX sim?

3 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Was your old sim a sprint sim or a TNX sim?

My old SIM was a Sprint SIM.  From about 2 yrs ago.  March 2019, to be exact.

Edited by clbowens

Tge order of priority is T-Mobile 5G ->T-Mobile LTE->Sprint LTE. The one exception are Sprint 312-250 towers (aka keep routers) which function like T-Mobile LTE towers. Basically you will only connect to Sprint towers if there is no T-Mobile signal around or T-Mobile intends to convert that Sprint tower over to T-Mobile in the future. 

6 hours ago, clbowens said:

And I can only access NSA right now, with a Sprint SIM, correct?  No SA for me?

3 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Is this true with a TNX SIM also? or only a Sprint SIM? 

Sprint SIM with ROAMAHOME. From my understanding with TNX on Android, you lose access to the Sprint network. 

18 minutes ago, clbowens said:

And I can only access NSA right now, with a Sprint SIM, correct?  No SA for me?

That's correct to my knowledge. 

So, how is everyone liking their S21?  I like mine so far.

To me, the battery endurance and fingerprint scanner are about the same as the S10, but liking 5G, high screen refresh rate and camera.  And UI speed, of course.

27 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

I bit the bullet and put the T-Mobile SIM card in my s21 ultra. I am connecting to Sprint b41 just fine.

I just called into customer service and had ROMEAHOME applied to one of my lines. So far T-Mobile speeds varies a lot. Still seems to load webpages and videos faster. I’ll continue monitoring the service before switching my other lines. 

Also in my market it seems that b41 LTE has gone from 3 carriers to 2. 

7 hours ago, mmark27 said:

I bit the bullet and put the T-Mobile SIM card in my s21 ultra. I am connecting to Sprint b41 just fine.

So the TNX SIM had me connecting to B25, B26, B41 on Sprint just fine. Roamed on ATT, VZW, and my T-mobile NR 5G speeds were well over 100 mbps down, 25ish up. On these same 5G signals with Sprint SIM, the speeds were abysmal. Very happy thus far with my TNX plunge! 

This S21 Ultra is pretty awesome and really not that much bigger than my S20+ in the hand, really. Clearly heavier, but really solid performance thus far. 

• Like 1