Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Haha! Google is the king of abandonware.

Google is horrible when it comes to management over it’s own ecosystem. Case and point android phones. It’s android phoneEcosystem is fragmented due to the fragmentation of software updates for previous generations of phones. Apple does a better job at managing it than Google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google Fiber in San Antonio was merely a tease.

That’s why I have Comcast LOL unlike Google Comcast actually follows through with things. I get it Comcast is a very hated company. But they do what they say they’re going to do. And I think Comcast may Want to get in on this merger somehow.

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

That’s why I have Comcast LOL unlike Google Comcast actually follows through with things. I get it Comcast is a very hated company. But they do what they say they’re going to do. And I think Comcast may Want to get in on this merger somehow.

They have some 600MHz that T-Mobile can host for them and they can both share the resulting capacity.

This merger and the resulting DOJ circus is turning into a house party where everyone brings a booze to throw into the 32 gallon pale for the Party Punch!    LOL.... How many more players/ companies will the DOJ entertain before getting this done?   

This is the most bizarre regulatory approval process!

• Like 5

This merger and the resulting DOJ circus is turning into a house party where everyone brings a booze to throw into the 32 gallon pale for the Party Punch!    LOL.... How many more players/ companies will the DOJ entertain before getting this done?   
This is the most bizarre regulatory approval process!
I would say both Dish and Google is a good thing as that means more money for the new 4th network.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

They have some 600MHz that T-Mobile can host for them and they can both share the resulting capacity.

That’s exactly right. And I hope something good comes of this. The last thing I want to see is sprint fade away..And yes but concast does not have much 600 MHz. Obviously there would have to be some type of agreement.

2 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

That’s exactly right. And I hope something good comes of this. The last thing I want to see is sprint fade away..And yes but concast does not have much 600 MHz. Obviously there would have to be some type of agreement.

Just enough to cover their footprint.

• Like 1

i think it why they cost les me person i rahte tthey drop the  fre device deal and some of those adds and imove the network  more 
Huh?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, nowerlater said:

Huh?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i here people tell  me a lot of the provider just do enough  to cover the foot print in not city area so if a  crowd   come you get issue  like a cellphone tower space as far apart as they can 

The MVNO Ting says they have lost patience with the merger process and are going from T-Mobile to Verizon but keeping Sprint: https://www.fiercewireless.com/operators/mvno-ting-mobile-ends-pact-t-mobile-favor-verizon-citing-merger-uncertainty

Likely spreading out their risks. Doubt the regulators would factor this type of decision into their merger decision at this late date but you never know.

3 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

The MVNO Ting says they have lost patience with the merger process and are going from T-Mobile to Verizon but keeping Sprint: https://www.fiercewireless.com/operators/mvno-ting-mobile-ends-pact-t-mobile-favor-verizon-citing-merger-uncertainty

Likely spreading out their risks. Doubt the regulators would factor this type of decision into their merger decision at this late date but you never know.

Lots of tough negotiations behind the scenes between T-Mobile. Dish and DOJ. Trying to get it under the wire by July 29th.

16 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Lots of tough negotiations behind the scenes between T-Mobile. Dish and DOJ. Trying to get it under the wire by July 29th.

What happens after July 29th? Is it over at that point? Does Sprint get the breakup fee?

Here’s info on that:

As noted by Axios, Sprint and T-Mobile won’t have to pay a breakup fee if regulators from the FCC or Department of Justice manage to kill the proposed merger. However, according to documents the companies filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, T-Mobile would owe Sprint $600 million if the company decides to walk away from the transaction, among other circumstances.

8 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

What happens after July 29th? Is it over at that point? Does Sprint get the breakup fee?

Here’s info on that:

As noted by Axios, Sprint and T-Mobile won’t have to pay a breakup fee if regulators from the FCC or Department of Justice manage to kill the proposed merger. However, according to documents the companies filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, T-Mobile would owe Sprint $600 million if the company decides to walk away from the transaction, among other circumstances.

They consummate the merger. The DOJ can sue to prevent it but if they decide to go that way, they will have a hard time prevailing in court. I don't think Sprint gets the breakup fee unless T-Mobile walks away from the merger.

Edited by bigsnake49

I'm still lost on how you come up with the 29th?    The DOJ can take as long as they want from what I know.    What is the 29th?   I don't think there is an automatic approval process... Sprint/T Mob will just fill additional paperwork to extend deadline...if that's what you mean...  They've come this far, I don't see them pulling the plug.

Edited by dro1984

2 hours ago, dro1984 said:

I'm still lost on how you come up with the 29th?    The DOJ can take as long as they want from what I know.    What is the 29th?   I don't think there is an automatic approval process... Sprint/T Mob will just fill additional paperwork to extend deadline...if that's what you mean...  They've come this far, I don't see them pulling the plug.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-m-a-tmobile/sprint-t-mobile-push-back-deadline-to-complete-merger-idUSKCN1S51IK

This is normal proceedings of the asset sale. It closed on this day and now sprint will lease back the office space. This has absolutely no indication that the merger is close to being approve. Articles are really pushing it with this one

10 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

I read that too.  Those are self-imposed deadlines like I said earlier.   They will probably just be pushed back again as that time approaches.   But that aside, lets hope they get this done before then.  This process has become absurd.

2 hours ago, dro1984 said:

I read that too.  Those are self-imposed deadlines like I said earlier.   They will probably just be pushed back again as that time approaches.   But that aside, lets hope they get this done before then.  This process has become absurd.

It certainly has become absurd. The 180 day clock has long expired. While it might be a self imposed deadline, it puts pressure on the DOJ to put up or shut up.

I am totally surprised that the details of a potential deal between Sprint/T-Mobile, Dish and the DOJ have not leaked. Usually the government leaks like a sieve. Yeah we have heard a broad outline but as they say, the devil is in the details.

I want to hear among other things what if any plans the New T-Mobile has for 700 and 800MHz spectrum. Could they be swapped for Dish's and/or Comcast's 600MHz to simplify T-Mobile spectrum position? A 600/700/800 antenna/RRH has to be a lot more expensive than a 600Mhz one. Or could T-Mobile sell their 700Mhz A block holdings to AT&T since AT&T has some 700MHz A block as well? Or sell 800Mhz to the 850Mhz cellular A side spectrum holders? 

I want to hear that T-Mobile will host Dish's AWS-3 and 600Mhz holdings right away and will split the resulting capacity with Dish. I want to hear what the plan to deploy Dish's AWS-4 spectrum is and who is going to pay for it? I want to hear what the plan is for Dish's 700 block E is? Sell it to AT&T?

As you can see there is a lot of moving parts but if it was up to me the following companies/organizations will come out winners:

1. T-Mobile/Sprint - T-Mobile because now they will have the 5G spectrum they need, Sprint because they now get the network and the competent management they have needed 

2. Dish - they deploy the spectrum they have with a minimum outlay

3. ATT/Verizon - They might get some additional low band spectrum and they no longer have to face low price competitors. On the other hand they will face a stronger/bigger T-Mobile

4. DOJ - They get their 4 carrier market back and they don't get beat in court ala AT&T

5. FCC - They finally get Dish to deploy their spectrum

6. Comcast - get their 600Mhz deployed for very little outlay. I see them possibly being a big player in the CBRS and C-Band strand and pole mounted small cell arena along with other cable cos

They could also be some losers:

1. DOJ - If they overplay their hand and try to extract onerous concessions from T-Mobile. If they decide to sue they could lose big again in the courts

2. Dish - Now they actually have to run a wireless company and compete with behemoths. They better line up some more companies ala Google and Amazon behind them to help finance them but also absorb some of the bandwidth

3. T-Mobile - If they give up too much to get this merger through.

4. Sprint/Softbank - If this merger falls through and they have to finance a competitive network

19 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Umm...yeah, this (the publicity around the article)  is stupid.   If you read it, it says basically that Ting is dropping T-Mo in favor of ....    ... wait for it... SPRINT!  LOL... WTF?!     Kill the T-Mo part now cause the rates are higher than Sprints... then when and if the merger takes place, the New T will have to abide to the contract, thus getting both networks again.    This is a ploy by Ting.

They will also back up with Verizon as a secondary carrier.  It's like making a big deal out of nothing...  Chance are, if you get Sprint, ... you'll get T Mo when the merger is decided.     

Edited by dro1984